Hate a thief pt 2

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Shine0n
Distiller

Hate a thief pt 2

Post by Shine0n »

When I returned to the hotel this evening I poured myself a semi dry mead I made 5 months ago, to my surprise it was watery, bland and not at all what the hell I brought with me.

After checking with hydrometer it was definitely apparent it had been diluted with water... REALLY!!!

After checking all 3 meads, semi dry 1.010, semi sweet 1.022 and a blueberry melomel 1.020, every one had dropped 10 gravity points.

I've gone to the manager and told her the story and how I know what the hell I had as I made the stuff right!

It's not the end of the world but I hate a fukn thief, all she had to do was leave her number and a brief msg and I would've given her the jug or at least part of it. ASK you stupid dumb ass. Shit man, this person obviously had no idea of what a hydrometer looked like as it was sitting right next to the mead along with an apple cyser I just made Monday when I got here.

Now this poor dummy is out of a job, being prosecuted by the hotel for petty theft and won't be able to get a job anywhere around here again.

What a fukn bone head.

It's not like I was going to drink 2 gallons of wine but all she had to do was ask and it was hers.

I've gotten a free room for a week but it's not like I trust the folks working here now and might try to get a refund instead.

Anyone going to Williamsburg Va. Stay away from the Radisson hotel on Richmond rd.

Stupid people!
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Hate a thief pt 2

Post by acfixer69 »

Why do you check in to a hotel with a hydrometer ?? I don't put up with thief's but pt 1 hate a thief thread went south fast and hope if you clear that up it answer one question.

AC
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

I have to ask, do you always bring jugs of wine and a hydrometer with you when you stay in hotels?
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Traveling for work and spending lots of time in there is my guess. Besides why not?
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

pfshine wrote:Traveling for work and spending lots of time in there is my guess. Besides why not?
Fragile and don't travel well 8)
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

Perhaps he had the hydrometer for checking the apple cyser he was making?

ShineOn, I feel ya on hating a thief. I've had a stereo faceplate and a laptop stolen out of a hotel room. Both at the same hotel. The management didn't want to make it right so I handled it myself. I'm not gonna elaborate as to what I done, but I was satisfied with the outcome.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Why not? I make wine, cysers, meads, and travel while doing so sometimes.

I'm not at my house and find good deals out of town more so than home.

Why pay bar prices when I make as good if not better than commercial products.

We looked at the cameras and caught her in the act bringing the 3rd cup if you will of the blueberry melomel out of the room and putting it in the cleaning cart.

People are from different walks of life, I wouldn't put my hands on a woman but a man is another story. I'm no spring chicken but I know how to get down and ain't no small man.

I just had to vent a little, some are passivists I for one am not. I don't go out looking for trouble ever but I won't back down from no man.

A thief is a thief whether it's man or woman, they have no identity, doesn't matter who they steal from, I have absolutely no pity on them.

Cut their fukn hand off and there will be alot less of it I promise. They could only be caught twice!
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Shine0n wrote:I wouldn't put my hands on a woman but a man is another story. I'm no spring chicken but I know how to get down and ain't no small man.
:wtf:
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

lol, I'm not ever looking for trouble and avoid it at all cost but I'm not a pus either.
Mike6090
Novice

Post by Mike6090 »

shadylane wrote:
Shine0n wrote:I wouldn't put my hands on a woman but a man is another story. I'm no spring chicken but I know how to get down and ain't no small man.
:wtf:
James Brown reference maybe? I don’t know but I support his right to live that way if he wants to.
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Thieves are a lowly bunch that are to cheap and lazy to provide for themselves, jealous and envy twisted together, only thinkn of the easiest, cheapest way to have something they desire..Not lookn at the repercussions or damage.

I've traveled all over the South, staying bout every hotel chain out there..Every morning when I leave my room I take Anything construed as valuable or hard to get with me, insuring my blissful evening, and not leaving anything tempting to the house thief..Remember, every business practically has a thief lurking, you may never know who tis.
Tighten up would be my advice.
Don't be afraid to live your life.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cede »

I hate thieves too, and there are many in hotels where you think you would be safe. I learned it the hard way.
Never let anything of value (cash or sentimental) in your room. Most of large hotels managers do not trust their employees 100%, why would you ?
That said, I never heard anyone fermenting anything in an hotel room or on the run :)
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Well that kind of sucks.
My younger daughter is looking at William and Mary for next year. I guess if they already got rid of her, that's no a safe place to stay........or not.

I end up travelling for the job from time to time, and this is something I've never encountered.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I never heard anyone fermenting anything in an hotel room or on the run :)
We're all still'in on the run - AND.... i've holed up in a hotel room or two with some hooch...

-jb
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Shineon , I feel your annoyance .
I'm not trying to be Judge Judy but sounds to me that the Hotel Management dealt with your complaint sensibly . They viewed security footage , identified the thief , dismissed them and charged them . Offered you a free weeks rent ....all of it was not the fault of the Hotel owners or Management .I personally think it is Unfair to disclose the name of that Hotel Publicly ......., OK if they didn't come to the party , but sounds like they did the right thing by you .

If anyone , its the thief that should be exposed ., but sounds like they are going to get theirs
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Get you a piece of ss pipe just a wee bit
wider an longer than your checker. Drive
you a wood plug in the bottom drop you a
piece of cotton in the inside bottom. For
Plug at top use you some foam rubber squeezed
in tight. Ole boys got one that been around a while.
Make sure you wipe it off for you put it up or that cotton
in the bottom can get smelly.

So I'm tole
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

@ Goose Eye
You a talking about Keistering :?: :lol:
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Was talk in bout a as tube that you could
put your tester in so it wouldn't break. Course if
you can read a bead I don't reckon you need one.

Ain't sure what you talkin bout

So I'm told
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Goose, you funny as hell and I understood exactly what you were talking about. lol

I guess I could've left the hotel name out cause she's been let go and the hotel is pretty damn good and clean.

The manager took me out tonight with her husband and paid for drinks and kept apologizing for what happened. I'm more disappointed that the person wouldn't ask for some vs taking it.

I work hard for mine and feel the rest should do the same, anyone who makes mead with good honey knows the price of it.

I found some apple cider for 2.99 per gallon so I started a fermentation and my extra hydrometer was in the truck.
Why not right! I happened to find an extra pack of D47 in the console that got buried. all the tools I need for fermentation is the way I look at it. I did buy 7 gallons of the cider too so I can start a large batch of cyser once home.

Not like I'm carrying a hotplate and stove top still with me. lol Although I could :lol:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Yeah the concept of relying on tips for a living wage is very foreign to folks from my corner of the world. There is an award wage for cleaners and that is the minimum they can lawfully be paid and it varies depending on the duties. A quick look tells me the lowest is an assistant housekeeper at $19.70 p/h up to $27 dependant on duties so a pretty well paying job. When I got our hotel in Dulles VA I had no concept of when and who to top or who was it wasn't on a living wage. We soon had a good repore with a number of staff and a couple of transit drivers that took us anywhere we wanted to go and would even return to pick us up at our whim. It was.not til a few days when going to the VA Smithonian air and space I noticed all the American guests tipping and heading into the museum questioned them on tips and wages. Talk about feel like a jerk, when we got back I hung back and after handing over a few Jacksons for all his running about explained we don't know didly squat on tipping he just laughed and said yeah all the staff know a lot of foreigners don't. Being this is an international forum its nearly impossible to fully grasp certain social situations without actually seeing and experiencing it. The idea of someone in full time employment scrounging leftover food to get by a couple of years ago would have seemed obtuse, homeless or derrolict folks perhaps. Anyways none of that has to do with dishonest staff, just pointing out perspectives and I got to agree it did seem like hotel in question put the customer first.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Reverend Newer
Swill Maker

Post by Reverend Newer »

hahahah, trollin

guys, sharpen up
spiritually taxed circa 1791
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I was told by a staffer that the cleaning crew is paid less the 10.00 an hour and work 20 hours per week.

Still not acceptable to steal anything from anyone though.
I don't know her situation that would make her take from others but I've seen wealthy folks who steal as well. It's something their hardwired with I suppose.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Shine0n wrote: A thief is a thief whether it's man or woman, they have no identity, doesn't matter who they steal from, I have absolutely no pity on them.

Cut their fukn hand off and there will be alot less of it I promise. They could only be caught twice!
That can be arranged for you: convert to islam and go living in Saudi-Arabia or Iran. :mrgreen:

Oh, btw: isn't making strong alcohol without paying taxes stealing from your country and fellow citizens? :oops:

I understand your annoyance and anger, but there is more to it than that.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Yeah and the perp was also drinking on the job.... Ahem... Cough - Cough - Cough....
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

I kinda figured shady was goIn somewhere
I won't goin butt in a comedy routine you need a straight man.
Say goodnight Gracie

So I'm tole
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

goose eye wrote:I kinda figured shady was goIn somewhere
I won't goin butt in a comedy routine you need a straight man.
Say goodnight Gracie

So I'm tole
goose you the man :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: thats funny as hell
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

ShineOn, I apologize for picking on Ya, didn't mean no harm.
It was the moonshine that made me do it :lol:
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Shady, we're good buddy :thumbup:
I have thick skin and gotta remember we all drink and post as I do quite a bit. It's all fun and games in this thread with a side of serious. lol

I ain't going Islam, I love pork wayyy too much to ever think of giving up sausage and ham and bacon. Hell, I may try chiterlings just for shits and giggles, we'll maybe the shits after that! Bwahahaha
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Islam isn't the only religion with Kosher food rules
Some folks don't even eat meat for personal reasons.
Recon that's their business :lol:
I want to make Home Distilled Alcohol :lol:
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Make sure them 'chitlins' are good n clean..No foul smell ATALL.
Make sure your possums all grain fed from birth. :thumbup:
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!