So

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Re: So

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Seems some of you will know what I'm talking about so, I was at a TSOL show. They are touring around the west, doing their first two releases in order. Haven't seen them do punk stuff since the 80's and it was a lot of fun. Was wearing my Poison Idea sweatshirt and that's what started up the conversation.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

The Beastie Boys had some great punk stuff back in the day too, was listening to Bad Brains last night for some entertainment (wife hated it). I seen them with Clutch at the Abyss in Va Beach and got back stage, what a cool bunch of people they were.

Uncle Jesse, check out Lazarus AD! A bunch of young guys from the mid west. I seen them at a bar no bigger than my living room and holy shit them boys put a hurting on my old ass. lol
My favorite song is "Revolution" They were all 17-18 when I seen them, they said they played together since middle school and we're inspired by Slayer who picked them up and took them on tour in Japan. Pretty cool!
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

TSOL, oh yeah! I think they were one of the bands I recall on the Enigma label. I have a couple of 'Enigma Variations' compilations.
Wild Bill
Bootlegger

Post by Wild Bill »

Tricephus rocks!
Living life one drop at a time

I ain’t here for a long time, I am here for a good time

Don’t worry, have a bourbon!
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Uncle Jesse wrote:
Survived punk rock since the early 80's with no tattoos or piercings.

But yeh, it's my jam.
SAME! I kinda feel like no piercings and no tattoos is punk as fuck in the era of body piercers in shopping malls and college girls with knuckle tats!
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Someone said Slayer. Someone said TSOL.
Guess I gotta play this now
slayer tsol.jpg
slayer tsol back.jpg
Listen along?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzQ42nm4_Fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

zapata wrote:Someone said Slayer. Someone said TSOL.
Guess I gotta play this now
slayer tsol.jpg
slayer tsol back.jpg
Listen along?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzQ42nm4_Fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
I think I see MDC there too?
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Indeed you do, tends to end up at the front of it's row pretty often.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Oh I listened to the link Zapata, just finished up about 10 songs after that. I almost felt young again... Almost, I think I pulled a hammy!
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Shine0n wrote:The Beastie Boys had some great punk stuff back in the day too, was listening to Bad Brains last night for some entertainment (wife hated it). I seen them with Clutch at the Abyss in Va Beach and got back stage, what a cool bunch of people they were.

Uncle Jesse, check out Lazarus AD! A bunch of young guys from the mid west. I seen them at a bar no bigger than my living room and holy shit them boys put a hurting on my old ass. lol
My favorite song is "Revolution" They were all 17-18 when I seen them, they said they played together since middle school and we're inspired by Slayer who picked them up and took them on tour in Japan. Pretty cool!
Have both of the Beastie Boys punk releases. In fact that's all the Beastie Boys I have.

My friend's band had an album release party years ago at the Bottom Of The Hill in San Francisco. Singer got on the radio and "leaked" that Beastie Boys were going to open for them. I was on the list so I got there early and got in the short line for folks on the list. Hundreds of people showed up. The line was around the block, it was insane. Almost had a riot, people pelting police cars with bottles and such. The Beastie Boys performed as "Quasar" wearing orange repair man overalls. They did a short but fast and aggressive set of all punk songs including a few covers like Reagan Youth and so on. They were just so tight and great. Then they left and the club mostly cleared out and my friend's band played. A wild and memorable night.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

That would've been cool as hell to see.

Their best album I believe was Pauls Boutique although it was one of their worst sellers and got bad reviews. That shit was some good music on a good system, at least I liked it :thumbup:
Shinerfortyniner
Novice

Post by Shinerfortyniner »

+1 on Paul's Boutique. I'm gonna dig that out and give it a listen.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

Uncle Jesse wrote:Yeh guys I told him "That's my website. I'm Uncle Jesse" and he was blown away. That's when he said "oh, you gotta sample this!" and we found some privacy so he could pour some and we wouldn't get ejected before the show started!

He said he hasn't been on for a few years but he read, read some more, read even more, asked a few questions, experimented, failed, experimented again, failed, repeat until success. Just like the rest of us.

He called out a few members by name. I think prairiepiss was one of them. He knew who I was immediately though. Pretty funny!
I got one of those once, I was sitting at a bar reading hd on my phone and a guy who reads the forum glanced at my phone. He asked what my handle was and when I told him he didn't try to hit me or anything..... We had a good talk about distilling and a couple drinks.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Just noticed the Sex Pistols are on AXS TV this coming Wednesday night at 9pm eastern.
Ramones are on this week also.
The Ramones are badass.
Seen the Kinks, got a soft spot for em..They're badass too.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Went and seen the Violent Femmes just to see the chicks LOL
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

Uncle Jessie what was the bands name on your top that caught his attention when you met him???
Never mistake kindness for weakness....