%&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 »

59EFDAF8-4AE1-4005-BA98-1633BFB5EF8D.jpeg
Coming down fast now, what’s this 10 minutes?
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

63952405-9AC1-4D26-B1D2-CEBCB6E41100.jpeg
The toy hauler!!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

😂 bird feeder is iced over.
B8FEEFCC-4EBE-404A-86A5-5A3C5AC60995.jpeg
Can’t even see across the lake now.
Yay spring! Lol!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Not sure how far north you are but I am guessing you win the prize on the forum for the longest winters in a year.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

goinbroke2 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:11 pm 😂 bird feeder is iced over.

B8FEEFCC-4EBE-404A-86A5-5A3C5AC60995.jpeg

Can’t even see across the lake now.
Yay spring! Lol!
Better you than me.
That's nuts. We had some good hail and thunder at home last night, but 30 miles away at work the weather was pleasant.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

This was about an hour later. I got a call at 11pm from the wife who was at a friends house. She couldn’t make it home with summer tires on so I had to go get her in the truck. I’ll post a video of it in a bit, trees bent to the ground .
9F0C43E2-23C1-4590-B9AB-7FBA2689A7FD.jpeg
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Video of driving out the lake road to break trail so the wife can follow me home...
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Probably wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't get the freezing rain along with it.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

we had a May long weekend snow gotta be 30 years ago now...spent the weekend canoeing the N. Saskatchewan river and we were completely BBQ'd the whole weekend... Our tans were quite a contrast to THREE FEET that landed overnight to the Monday, when we stumbled outside in the morning.
Pretty much destroyed all the trees and the sun was so hot the next day it melted all of it gone, like it never happened.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Butch27
Swill Maker

Post by Butch27 »

goinbroke2 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:08 am This was about an hour later. I got a call at 11pm from the wife who was at a friends house. She couldn’t make it home with summer tires on so I had to go get her in the truck. I’ll post a video of it in a bit, trees bent to the ground .9F0C43E2-23C1-4590-B9AB-7FBA2689A7FD.jpeg
I really have nothing against you, but better you than us. LOL. :mrgreen:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Thanks, butch!! 😆

HDNB, you mean like this the next day??

27D3BD7B-FAC8-47F1-877F-58326C35AC1D.jpeg
Went to -2 last night, now it’s +4 and raining.
And windy, VERY ####ing windy!!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Had our first light dusting of snow last night, currently 35 F.
Ben
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Ben »

Its been 70's and droughty here... in middle Colorado, in November. I had to water the grass FFS. A few feet of snow later on in the week would be a blessing, especially since I am headed to Mexico through Christmas :P
:)
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

They are predicting snow today and the next three days then on Monday they are predicting temperatures in the single digits for 3 days.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Bushman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 am They are predicting snow today and the next three days then on Monday they are predicting temperatures in the single digits for 3 days.
Perfect timing. After 230, I'm off until after the new year with nothing to do but mash a new whiskey.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Deplorable wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:56 am
Bushman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 am They are predicting snow today and the next three days then on Monday they are predicting temperatures in the single digits for 3 days.
Perfect timing. After 230, I'm off until after the new year with nothing to do but mash a new whiskey.
I hear ya! I hope it dumps for days. Started my vacation Monday goes until the 3rd. Sparging my peated whiskey right now. Ahhh….the sweet smell of a mash. I swear I get addicted to that smell.
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Yep. I'll be up early tomorrow grinding grains I put off all week.
21% Rye whiskey mash with T58 yeast to accentuate the spicy rye flavors.
DRHillier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DRHillier »

jedneck wrote: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:39 pm We got 12°f here with sub 0 wind chills. Wood pile is goin down fast. Snow just clipped us. But I am ready for the long beards to thaw out and start hammering. And one of my damn goats kidded two days ago, crazy bitch.
It's not that bad here yet. Not even close. Supposed to be getting to 16 degrees here in a couple of days. I understand the wood pile problem though. I underestimated what we'd need for the week so after 10 hours at work I got home, put my headlamp on my head and spent some time at the wood pile with the chainsaw. That'll teach me to be lazy on the weekends. Lol I get off work early tomorrow and I'll have a couple hours before the sun goes down. Gonna try to catch up before Christmas!! I've got 2 fireplaces in my house. One is a double door hog out in the living room, and a single door with a catalytic converter on it in the bedroom. Stay warm!!
It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Just having -15F outside... and having fun, actually. This was the normal winter temperature in my childhood. Now more and more often we face puddles, "snotty" wind and thawed patches with dead grass. So, -20-30C is way much better than icy rains, imo. And lotta snow is not bad, too. The ancestors were sayin that snowy winter is to a big harvest, innit?

har druckit för mycket
Dancing4dan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Dancing4dan »

20% chance of snow this coming Monday! :shock:
20E31B4F-EDF9-457E-A28B-754D89C497D8.jpeg
"What harms us is to persist in self deceit and ignorance"
Marcus Aurelius
I’m not an alcoholic! I’m a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

We were suppose to have up to 3” but it hasn’t happened yet. Cold spell is due in 3 days.
EricTheRed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by EricTheRed »

Life's rough that side. Here it was 30 c today. :D
My fekking eyes are bleeding! Installed BS Filters - better! :D
Life has gotten interesting!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

The prediction was snow two days ago but it is coming down hard now so it looks like we will have a white Christmas.
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

68 and the hot tub was 103. Nice breeze, too. Vlagavulvin, been there in Jan. You can keep it.
Dancin’, is it true you can hear the sap explode when the temp gets that low?
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Dancing4dan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Dancing4dan »

Yonder wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:35 pm 68 and the hot tub was 103. Nice breeze, too. Vlagavulvin, been there in Jan. You can keep it.
Dancin’, is it true you can hear the sap explode when the temp gets that low?
Yes. Will usually require a well watered tree and about -40c
"What harms us is to persist in self deceit and ignorance"
Marcus Aurelius
I’m not an alcoholic! I’m a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings!
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Bushman wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:33 pm The prediction was snow two days ago but it is coming down hard now so it looks like we will have a white Christmas.
No snow yet on the mainland interior at 750 elevation. Currently 35° and light rain at my location. Merry Christmas!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

We are sitting at over 5” and it has slowed down a bit but continues to pick up. Our power has also flickered off and on twice today.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

Well just don't send it over here :roll: I just got out of the hospital and am not up for running the tractor.

It was 45* and partly cloudy all day. :D :D
be water my friend
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Currently have over a foot of snow and it is 19 degrees F and snowing.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Bushman wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:57 am Currently have over a foot of snow and it is 19 degrees F and snowing.
Out on the SJ Islands, or north mainland?
28°f here in SE King County we got about 2 inches overnight. Currently not snowing.