Big Green Egg

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Grayson_Stewart
Distiller

Big Green Egg

Post by Grayson_Stewart » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:25 am

Got the Big Green Egg grill for Christmas....anyone else have one? I've been reading over their website and the forum they have. They have a large cult following over there.

Anyone have any hints and tips you can share?
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

cob
Distiller

Re: Big Green Egg

Post by cob » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:54 am

Grayson-Stewart i have had an imperial kamado (japanese terra cotta version) many years and the only tips that come to mind would be a very good grill lifter, to add wood or charcoal and i use an air compressor to clean the air draft channels for good air flow. the big green egg poeple may have addressed these issues. personal preference for fuel is natural mesquite charcoal, apple and cherry wood. you are in for a pleasant and flavorfull journey. you have recieved the gift of being able to turn a pork butt into butter. enjoy. cob.
be water my friend

Grayson_Stewart
Distiller

Re: Big Green Egg

Post by Grayson_Stewart » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:14 pm

The folks over at Big Green Egg have covered a ton of stuff....just like we do here, but just like here you can read, read and read some more and still be wet behind the ears till you get in there and get your hands dirty.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.