Wine

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ammo man
Swill Maker

Wine

Post by ammo man »

I spent this weekend in what is called "The Hill Country of Texas". Had a Lodge banquet to go to Saturday night. The trip for me is 368 miles one way. We spent Friday and Sunday driving, but Saturday, Wow! My meeting was in Kerrville, but we spent most of our free time in Fredericksburg, 16 miles down the road. That area is known for peaches, and a pleasant surprise for me, WINE. We visited one winery, and did the tasting routine. Mistake. Had to pay $10 to sample 6 different wines. That was not too bad, but I ended up buying 4 bottles of their wine to bring home. And before my shopping was over I bought another 3 bottles to bring home.

I don't know how many of you are wine drinkers in addition to our other alcohol likes, but those people out there make some damn good wine. And dang it, I can purchase the stuff using the Internet. $$$$$$

I did not spend all my time testing wine. For dinner we went to a restaurant called Der Lindenbaum which served "real" German foods. A first time for me even though on my Dad's side we can trace our ancestors back to Germany. I also spent time just sight seeing, but for the most part I stayed out of the gyp joints, and they had plenty of them.

I had a good time.

Bert
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Wine

Post by LWTCS »

Sounds like a very pleasant excursion Bert.

Me and my missus would like to do the St. Augustine winery weekend one of these days.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Fastill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fastill »

Nothing wrong with a taste of wine now and then. I enjoy a bottle once in a while and have been known to make some pretty good wine from some of the local berrys.
Sounds like a trip I would have enjoyed. I also love German food.
A.D.D. and HD don't go together. This hobby takes time and dedication to learn and do it right and safe.
Fill the pool before you jump in head first!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

I am making some plum wine at the moment, this is my first attempt, the outcome should be interesting. If it dosn't turnout good I will put it through the still.

OD
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......