whats your music

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Kindafrench
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: whats your music

Post by Kindafrench »

contrahead wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:20 am So after a few clicks, YouTube analytics (Google) was busily calculating my every desire, political affiliation and the type of music that I probably wanted to listen to next. But a click or two on a pretty female face (like self-absorbed- Dua Lipa) and then I was soon stuck in a declivitous spiral of pop “diva” music, that I could not navigate away from with mouse clicks alone.

To escape the huge queue of junk music, I typed “The Rippingtons” into the search box. Most of the Jazz music offered then though was in hour long, 'album format' and I just wanted shorter singles to record. And then I saw another 'Smooth Jazz' band that I am also fond of! After opening the Acoustic Alchemy link I wanted the song; but in my haste I failed to notice that it was a 46:34 minute album rather than a 4:63 minute single. All well. It only took 6 to 7 minutes to download the whole thing anyway.

For those that may not know: you can sometimes use a tool called a “youTube to Mp3 converter" to catch music from a video, and then download it. It works for some songs but not for others - depending upon how copyright settings are established from within youTube's software when the video is posted. A surprising amount of good music is freely available.

Once independently on your computer or device though, you can then play the music at will, put it onto an MP3 player or convert it to uncompressed pulse-code modulation format (file extension “.cda”) which can then be burned onto a regular 700MB CD-R (to play on standard audio CD players). There are many choices for youTube>Mp3 converters. I like this one because it's simple and not full of diversionary click-bait advertising. https://ytmp3.cc/youtube-to-mp3/
Please consider buying music instead of illegal actions. Musicians and artists are suffering worldwide from covid restrictions and , in this case, streaming. Won‘t say they‘re all poor guys, but hey… give and take.
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Unusual instrument played unusually well.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

Kindafrench wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:07 pm Please consider buying music instead of illegal actions. Musicians and artists are suffering worldwide from covid restrictions and , in this case, streaming. Won‘t say they‘re all poor guys, but hey… give and take.
I never gave it much thought. There's dozens of online converters and I just assumed their operation was legit. Many of the newest songs can not be converted this way, some older ones can. I naturally thought the parameters of setting up a video, would include features to disable any copying, if that was the artist's intention to begin with.

After reading a bit though, it would seem that “stream ripping” as it is called, violates YouTube's terms of service. Yet Alphabet (Google and YouTube) makes money on ads they place on those very same conversion / ripping sites too, and they have never prosecuted these sites. Also there are legitimate, copyright free songs or videos being streamed over the Internet, that are working under Copyleft, Creative Commons & Public domain licenses.

Copyright owners have freely permitted their music to be broadcast over the radio airwaves, or streamed over the Internet. They are entitled to their royalties, when appropriate. With radio; the broadcasters buy a blanket license from a PRO, and perhaps a year later the {Preforming Rights Organization} distributes monies to songwriters and publishers depending on how many times a song was played. Radio stations can not tell if I am listening or not, but YouTube can keep track of my individual clicks.

My crime is similar to using a tape deck to record music taken from the radio airwaves. I am less likely to buy that song now. By ripping the sound from a video and saving it, I could be depriving a musician his 10 cent royalty for every time I might replay his video again.
Omnia mea mecum porto
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Alabama Flag.gif
Alabama Flag.gif (46.83 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Hambone
Rumrunner

Post by Hambone »

Go Bama…
Good judgement is the result of experience.

Experience is usually the result of bad judgement..
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Neil Pearl RIP
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

I can appreciate a lot from Jethro Tull to U2. But mostly I am going to put in country from the 60s and 70s. Conway, George Jones, Vern Gosdin, Lefty Frizzle, Waylon, Marty Robbins. And of course a bit newer George Strait. Not a lot since then. Some Alan Jackson, but most of country after 2000 would have been rock on 1970, especially the entire beach thing
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Hambone
Rumrunner

Post by Hambone »

The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Songs in Dutch by Vater Abraham.
On You Tube.

Geoff
The Baker
River Rat
Swill Maker

Post by River Rat »

TDick wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:28 pm
TDick that is some good stuff right there. Thanks for sharing that. Never heard a better version of either tune.
Plain ole pot rig.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

S-Cackalacky wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:30 am Unusual instrument played unusually well.
Cool 👍
Thanks for sharing!

har druckit för mycket
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Thunder in the whiskey jars we raise to give our thanks...
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Hambone
Rumrunner

Post by Hambone »

Billy Strings is quite the talent. I’m not a bluegrass fan, but he knocked me out…

Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

MichiganCornhusker wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:12 am Thunder in the whiskey jars we raise to give our thanks...
What!? No Marty Robbins CornHusker?? :ebiggrin:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

-Thomas Paine
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Mainly what's on the Texas country music scene, but anything Outlaw/ southern that's rough and non refined. since starting this hobby I've gotten back into bluegrass/ folk music, there's a lot of songs about shine. I like some "hickhop", the Lacs, Colt Ford, they're always good
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

-Thomas Paine
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

acfixer69 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:57 pm Grace Potter
:thumbup:
contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

That Hammond B3 she is pounding on, is 65 to 70 years old.
Omnia mea mecum porto
Timothy_W
Novice

Post by Timothy_W »

What do you think about old Elvis? I love this song:
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

contrahead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:57 pm That Hammond B3 she is pounding on, is 65 to 70 years old.
That leslie behind her looks to have a few road miles on it as well.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
River Rat
Swill Maker

Post by River Rat »

Timothy_W wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:50 am What do you think about old Elvis? I love this song:
Good one Tim! It's hard to beat some early Elvis.
I'm partial to a song of his about cold rain. He must've spent some time here.
Plain ole pot rig.