whats your music

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

whats your music

Post by Mr.Spooky »

sittin here on my 4th glass of UJSSM, watching vids on youtube and was wandering what was yalls favorite music? growing up, and even today, some of my favorite tunes comes from the misfits, red hot chili peppers, and ofcorse,, the smashing pumpkins! i like all types of music, country, gospel, rock and even some brazillian stuff. the reason that i ask is because i know that there are many people from many places on this forum and i am always interested in new music. one of my favorite lines comes from crosby stills nash and young, " if you smile at me, i will understand, because that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.
any favorites?????
spook
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
rad14701
retired

Re: whats your music

Post by rad14701 »

Hard Rock and Heavy Metal for me... Not into wussy music or cow milking country... I'd rather eat glass than listen to classical... As for Rapp, I just don't get it...
kiwistiller
retired

Post by kiwistiller »

anything and everything. Mainly play classical / jazz / blues, don't really listen to it much when I'm not involved though. Listen to rock of all flavours, a little of the rap / hip hop stuff, but needs to actually have a melody and some thought behind it, electronica of all flavours... Lot of music called roots or dub comes out of the pacific island community here, that's pretty fun sometimes as well. I'm a music slut, always trying to find new stuff I haven't heard.
Three sheets to the wind!
My stuff
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

rad14701 wrote:Hard Rock and Heavy Metal for me... Not into wussy music or cow milking country... I'd rather eat glass than listen to classical... As for Rapp, I just don't get it...
never would have thought! as for the cow milkin,,, i can always get " whiskey bent and hell bound". :D
Last edited by Mr.Spooky on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

kiwistiller wrote:anything and everything. Mainly play classical / jazz / blues, don't really listen to it much when I'm not involved though. Listen to rock of all flavours, a little of the rap / hip hop stuff, but needs to actually have a melody and some thought behind it, electronica of all flavours... Lot of music called roots or dub comes out of the pacific island community here, that's pretty fun sometimes as well. I'm a music slut, always trying to find new stuff I haven't heard.
got any names of the roots or dub artists kiwi?
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

i dont really get todays rap,,, but for some reason, i know 3/4 of all the NWA songs. 8)
kiwistiller
retired

Post by kiwistiller »

Mr.Spooky wrote:i dont really get todays rap,,, but for some reason, i know 3/4 of all the NWA songs. 8)
I have the same phenomenon with Jurrasic 5 :)

Um some popular local choices from roots and dub etc would be Salmonella Dub, Tiki Taane, Fat Freddy's Drop, The Black Seeds (you might spot Bret Mackenzie of flight of the conchords fame in that group).
My stuff
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

kiwistiller wrote:
Mr.Spooky wrote:i dont really get todays rap,,, but for some reason, i know 3/4 of all the NWA songs. 8)
I have the same phenomenon with Jurrasic 5 :)

Um some popular local choices from roots and dub etc would be Salmonella Dub, Tiki Taane, Fat Freddy's Drop, The Black Seeds (you might spot Bret Mackenzie of flight of the conchords fame in that group).
thanks ! noted!
spooky
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kentucky shinner »

southern rock, outlaw music, and country mostly for me.. as far as rap it aint music to my ears I call it some bullshit.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

Kentucky shinner wrote:southern rock, outlaw music, and country mostly for me.. as far as rap it aint music to my ears I call it some bullshit.
haha!!!! i was just listining to some david a. coe!
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Mr.Spooky wrote:
Kentucky shinner wrote:southern rock, outlaw music, and country mostly for me.. as far as rap it aint music to my ears I call it some bullshit.
haha!!!! i was just listining to some david a. coe!
Hell ya,
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

rad14701 wrote:Hard Rock and Heavy Metal for me... Not into wussy music or cow milking country... I'd rather eat glass than listen to classical... As for Rapp, I just don't get it...
i walked out of the "and justice for all "tour and was a changed man.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

+1
in my not so humble opinion !! "if it don't make your ears bleed it ain't music".. but i have a lot of reggae for when i'm not head bangin.
kiwi; i got a small taste of mason rack recently. good stuff what? cob

edit: please enjoy the music while your party is reached. my a$$ !! when the he!! did it become ok to ear f-<< every one who dials the phone? bad music is a thousand times worse than a wet willie. c.o.b.
be water my friend
kiwistiller
retired

Post by kiwistiller »

Had never heard of it, just looked it up, and there is a guy playing an electric mandolin. Awesome :D
My stuff
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

mason rack.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuU0mT9h ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow a cool twist on zz tops la grange. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnMFOeEP ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

I listen to a variety. Mostly classic Rock. Pink Floyd all the way!!! 8) Nothin like settlin down, gettin phuked up and jammin to Dark Side Of The Moon. :ebiggrin:
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

man,, there was nothing better than driving up through the mountains listeming on some pink floyd and dodging the pink elephants. 8)
Mud Mechanik
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mud Mechanik »

Mr.Spooky wrote: haha!!!! i was just listining to some david a. coe!
I'm an old country phenatik, David A. Coe is amongst the top 5. I also like a few newer country songs, like "rain makes corn and corn makes whiskey"
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway----John Wayne
solaryellow
Novice

Post by solaryellow »

I am kind of all over the place music wise but some of my favorites are Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, Pantera, RHCP, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down, Pink Floyd, Ryan Farish, A Northern Chorus, Band Of Horses... I could keep going on...
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

David A. Coe is amongst the top 5.
Never heard of the guy but I goggled and just saw the "If that ain't country" video. Country rap. Good stuff. He's a little weird though. bd.
I do all my own stunts
Mud Mechanik
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mud Mechanik »

He is weird but I like the style of music.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway----John Wayne
hstuurman
Swill Maker

Post by hstuurman »

Curious, I hear a lot of my music.
Growing up in the 80's I still love good rock, like Guns 'n Roses, later on more heavy like Rage against the machine. Older brothers tought me music like Pink Floyd, Steppenwolf etc.
Lately I love punk like The Distillers (good name :D :D ) and just for fun som pop-punk like TAT.

Never liked RAP or R&B, It all sounds the same, can't hear any difference.
Henk

Ambachtelijk Destileerderij Nes (Artisan Distillery Nes)
To conquer death, you only have to die
https://www.facebook.com/DestilleerderijNes?sk=wall
VARIVERRAT
Novice

Post by VARIVERRAT »

i listen to all kinds of stuff from the 50s till now but when im on here , gillian welch "tear my still house down" and pretty much any george jones take the cake
[><]WHISKEY DRIVEN RIVERRAT[><]
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

David allen Coe? That boy gots some crazy shit. :lol: Yes, I have some of that on my ipod too.
-Control Freak-
Caprimulgus
Swill Maker

Post by Caprimulgus »

I'm a bit of a techno head. But I like stuff like electro, ambient and like world music also. Or......and now it gets kinda wierd, Swedish bagpipes and Norwedian jaw harp.
Nobody puts baby in the corner....
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18918
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

MuleKicker wrote:I listen to a variety. Mostly classic Rock. Pink Floyd all the way!!! 8) Nothin like settlin down, gettin phuked up and jammin to Dark Side Of The Moon. :ebiggrin:
Ya Im with ya on that too. I bet back in the day you have done some Hallucinating.... I know I have... 8) :wink: Long time ago though but I love the hell out of it.
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

When stillin, I like pre-war blues and Manifest destiny music...1850-1920. I dont like to get rocked up when Im trying to keep a steady eye on things.
That being said I will listen to anything and everything that I feel like...with the following exceptions:

1. No Country. I fight depression enough as it is. Bluegrass is okay by me.
2. No Disco. Bee Gee's has been proven to cause brain damage.
3. No Muzak...Words Man ! Words!
4. No BOSTON. Not because I dont like them, but because I heard the goddamn albums so many times growing up I have had a life's worth.
5. No Metallica. They sucked when they were starting, they sucked when they were famous, and they sucked more when the tried to come back. How many times do I have to listen to a glorified version of scales before I tear out my eyeballs? I had the misfortune of seeing them open for Judas Priest in concert...sad really.

My music collection would probably mystify most people. It has hard rock, classic rock, new wave, punk, skaa, acid, reggae, electronic, Pink Floyd, ambient, techno, classical, Led Zeppelin, jazz, modern jazz, 80's , 90's, 2000's, Devo, sex pistols, X, KeoKi,Tetsuo, Sai-So, Highland Scot's Dragoons, Jethro Tull, all the way up to bands that are currently playing on the radio. Aerosmith still makes me wanna bust out the air guitar.

If it moves me, I listen.

;)
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

jethro tull,,,, now thats a character!
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

Mr.Spooky wrote:jethro tull,,,, now thats a character!
Jethro tull...Oh yeah....another good one....... Sitting on a park bench... Dah da.... Eyeing little girls with bad intent..
And greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes. 8)
-Control Freak-
NcHooch
retired

Post by NcHooch »

X2 KS,
play us some Skynyrd !

Cheers,
NChooch
NChooch
Practice safe distillin and keep your hobby under your hat.