Scrap Yards..

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

mikeac
Swill Maker

Scrap Yards..

Post by mikeac »

I've been talking to a few tradesmen on a few work sites and no one knows of any scrap yards that sell anything. I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere on Vancouver Island that did? Victoria would be sweet, but I travel enough anywhere on the island would be great!
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.
cob
Master of Distillation

Re: Scrap Yards..

Post by cob »

did you look in the phone book under recycling ?
be water my friend
beelah
Trainee

Post by beelah »

What are you looking for? Copper pipe or stainless steel?

I get my 1.5" and 2" copper pipe from Hillcrest Plumbing on Main street in Vancouver.

Ther is also the metal suppermarket in BBY that has all kinds of sheet metal and bar stock. I will post a link to it.

I also was able to get a 50l stainless beer keg from "U need a Bottle" here in vancovuer for $30 - good deal.

If you need some numbers I can send them to you.
beelah
Trainee

Post by beelah »

Here is a link to a place in Naniamo

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=we ... oRRclmCSBQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

There's Jack's out in Burnaby and the Habitat for Humanity stores in both Vancouver and Victoria. Not scrappies as such, but they do have all sorts of things; you never know with the Habitat stores. I found my keg in the Buy and Sell. Good luck, bd.
I do all my own stunts
mikeac
Swill Maker

Post by mikeac »

Thanks guys, I've had some luck, I posted an ad in usedvictoria, for scrap copper and got enough 1", 3/4", and a couple fittings for $5! Couple more fittings and I'm away to the races. I'll check out the habitat store for fittings :mrgreen:. Also wondering if there are any tricks for pulling old fittings off pipes? I got one off pretty easy but the rest seem a little more stuck...
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

I've picked up some great finds at re-cycling centers... There all over the UK and very cheap... :D :D :D
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...