Driving the hot plate market

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

decomissioned
Novice

Driving the hot plate market

Post by decomissioned »

I was cruising amazon tonight looking for a hot plate to run my new milehi unit and stumbled on to this. I got really paranoid for a second, then laughed out loud.
amazon.PNG
Here's the direct link: http://www.amazon.com/Cadco-PCR-1S-Prof ... d_sbs_k_14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Looks like a pretty decent hot plate. I'm considering it.. still doing my research though.
still crazy
Rumrunner

Re: Driving the hot plate market

Post by still crazy »

That pressure cooker is aluminum that bugs me
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
decomissioned
Novice

Post by decomissioned »

I think that is because a lot of people buy hot plates for pressure canning if they have induction stovetops. Not to make stills from them.
likkerluvver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by likkerluvver »

Yep! I must be partially responsible for those other 2 items appearing. I bought all 3 from Amazon recently.

LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

It's not paranoia, they really are out to get you... :twisted: :econfused:
decomissioned
Novice

Post by decomissioned »

I bought all 3 from Amazon recently.
LL: how do you like that hot plate? does it perform well? So far it is leading the pack in terms of power, price, and good reviews. One of those amazon reviews says he runs it nearly 24/7 for months at a time (sounds familiar) with great results. It's only a few bucks more than the 1500w at brewhaus but twice the power.
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

erasei wrote:I think that is because a lot of people buy hot plates for pressure canning if they have induction stovetops. Not to make stills from them.
Just goes to show you where my mind is at.....
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
Beerswimmer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Beerswimmer »

I got the nicer hot plate when I ordered from MileHi, might be the same one. I don't use it anymore. It cycled so much that the temp would never be steady. I even used a 2" thick steel pipecap between the hotplate and the boiler to try and act as a buffer and insulated the hell out the tower and boiler too. The temp would swing from 165 to 176 to 184 in about 1 minute and then back down. I just use the stovetop now. WAYYYYYY better, no cycling, no temp variations.
Ut Alii Vivant!!!!