Ink

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Ink

Post by Mr.Spooky »

i drink cokes too,,, and mntn dew, take a look at some of the ingredients in them......... just what is ::::•Carbonated water
•High fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
•Concentrated orange juice and other natural flavors
•Citric acid
•Sodium benzoate (preserves freshness)
•Caffeine (55.2 mg per 12 oz.)
•Sodium citrate
•Gum arabic
•Erythorbic acid (preserves freshness)
•Calcium disodium EDTA (to protect flavor)
•Brominated vegetable oil
•Yellow 5

ever had one father?
spooky
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by condensificator »

father william wrote:I wouldn't get a tattoo if one of you paid for it.

Take a look at the ingredients in tattoo ink sometime. Many of them use Thimerosal as a preservative, which is half mercury, half organic compound. It's also used to keep vaccines sterile, and has a lot of people concerned to the point they won't take vaccines, myself included.

The really bright red, yellow, blues and green inks contain heavy metals like cadmium to get that level of color intensity. More poison.

There is also a high correlation between getting tattoos and contracting Hepatitis C.

If y'all want them, knock yourself out, but it's crazy to me to care about the safety of your still and then put that shite in your body.
not going to try and fight, but you've got some misinformation. sounds like the old "moonshine'll make you go blind" bit.

my all time fav saying:
"the difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people, is that tattooed people don't care if you are not tattooed."

if you don't like tattoos, you should not get them, end of story. spreading rumor and misinformation is pretty lame.
Last edited by condensificator on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

this thread stated: "anyone here have some ink?",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not what are your thoughts about it. :roll:
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
Hdflhx
Novice

Post by Hdflhx »

father william wrote:I wouldn't get a tattoo if one of you paid for it.

Take a look at the ingredients in tattoo ink sometime. Many of them use Thimerosal as a preservative, which is half mercury, half organic compound. It's also used to keep vaccines sterile, and has a lot of people concerned to the point they won't take vaccines, myself included.

The really bright red, yellow, blues and green inks contain heavy metals like cadmium to get that level of color intensity. More poison.

There is also a high correlation between getting tattoos and contracting Hepatitis C.

If y'all want them, knock yourself out, but it's crazy to me to care about the safety of your still and then put that shite in your body.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
father william
Swill Maker

Post by father william »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo_ink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Pigment bases

Manufacturers are not required to reveal their ingredients or conduct trials, and recipes may be proprietary. Professional inks may be made from iron oxides (rust), metal salts, plastics.[6] Homemade or traditional tattoo inks may be made from pen ink, soot, dirt, blood,or other ingredients.[2][7]

Heavy metals used for colors include mercury (red); lead (yellow, green, white); cadmium (red, orange, yellow); nickel (black); zinc (yellow, white); chromium (green); cobalt (blue); aluminium (green, violet); titanium (white); copper (blue, green); iron (brown, red, black); and barium (white). Metal oxides used include ferrocyanide and ferricyanide (yellow, red, green, blue). Organic chemicals used include azo-chemicals (orange, brown, yellow, green, violet) and naptha-derived chemicals (red). Carbon (soot or ash) is also used for black. Other compounds used as pigments include antimony, arsenic, beryllium, calcium, lithium, selenium, and sulphur.[5][7]

Tattoo ink manufacturers typically blend the heavy metal pigments and/or use lightening agents (such as lead or titanium) to reduce production costs.[7]

And in answer to another question, I haven't had a can of pop in years. I don't consume HFCS or Aspartame at all, and barely any table sugar that hasn't been through a yeast cell first. I drink water, coffee, green and black tea, and my shine. I don't even drink milk any more.

Like I said, if you want a tattoo, get a freakin' tattoo. Just be aware of what you're putting into yourself.
If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?

Will Rogers
father william
Swill Maker

Post by father william »

And here's just one of many stories linking Hepatitis C and tattooing:

http://www.newspresstoday.com/multiple- ... tis-c/274/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Will Rogers
Bayou-Ruler
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bayou-Ruler »

SMiTH wrote:Spent all day at the tattooist today.. anyone here have some ink?

Yeah...... I have some ink.
Bayou Ethanol
Ethanol Fuel Producer

AFP-LA-15027
http://www.BayouEthanol.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Got my first 1 in 1970 with 3 more since then.Possible 1 more in future.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

father william,

i have been a professional tattooer for 22 years. during this time, i have attended tattoo conventions all over the world, i have been featured in every major tattoo publication, i am an administrator on the most respected web forum for tattooers. i'd send you links, but since you don't like tattoos...guess it'd be a waste.

i know a LOT about tattooing...INCLUDING every aspect of safety. any pedestrian, arm-chair detective, activist can pull a couple tid-bits off of google and wikipedia to support ANY stance on any issue. a lifetime of research and practical experience will always trump a couple hours on the internet.

the pigments that i use are from reputable suppliers that list their ingredients. every professional tattooer has the obligation to their customers and the craft itself to be knowledgeable and diligent about what they are putting into peoples' bodies, as well as taking the required blood-borne pathogens training. there will always be hacks that buy starter kits off of ebay or the back of biker magazines and f*ck up their friends with poison ink and unsanitary tools, but that does not reflect the positive sides of my craft. (kinda exactly the same as with home distilling, no?!)

let's start a thread about "are there any dog lovers here?" and then you can post some wiki links about pitbull maulings and kids having to get rabies shots, and how dogs scare you....OR, maybe if you don't like dogs, just let the people who do talk amongst themselves.

professional tattooers are not the same animal as kitchen scratchers, just like your chihuahua, tinkles, is not the rabid kid-killer rottweiler that you see on the national news.

tattooing is my life, i love it. your post is insulting, uninformed and uncalled for.
father william
Swill Maker

Post by father william »

father william,

i have been a professional tattooer for 22 years. during this time, i have attended tattoo conventions all over the world, i have been featured in every major tattoo publication, i am an administrator on the most respected web forum for tattooers. i'd send you links, but since you don't like tattoos...guess it'd be a waste.

i know a LOT about tattooing...INCLUDING every aspect of safety. any pedestrian, arm-chair detective, activist can pull a couple tid-bits off of google and wikipedia to support ANY stance on any issue. a lifetime of research and practical experience will always trump a couple hours on the internet.

the pigments that i use are from reputable suppliers that list their ingredients. every professional tattooer has the obligation to their customers and the craft itself to be knowledgeable and diligent about what they are putting into peoples' bodies, as well as taking the required blood-borne pathogens training. there will always be hacks that buy starter kits off of ebay or the back of biker magazines and f*ck up their friends with poison ink and unsanitary tools, but that does not reflect the positive sides of my craft. (kinda exactly the same as with home distilling, no?!)

let's start a thread about "are there any dog lovers here?" and then you can post some wiki links about pitbull maulings and kids having to get rabies shots, and how dogs scare you....OR, maybe if you don't like dogs, just let the people who do talk amongst themselves.

professional tattooers are not the same animal as kitchen scratchers, just like your chihuahua, tinkles, is not the rabid kid-killer rottweiler that you see on the national news.

tattooing is my life, i love it. your post is insulting, uninformed and uncalled for.
Where did I say I didn't like tattoos? I've seen many beautiful, artistic ones, and far more blurry, pathetic ones. Art is rare in any field.

My objection to them lies in the health risks, which despite your objections are extremely well documented. The dog argument is a straw man and you know it.

I'll say it again. If you want a tattoo, get a tattoo, just be aware of the very real risks. Maybe your tattoos are absolutely safe, I have no way of knowing. But you're not the only person out there giving them.

Will Rogers
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

cool. were all done then.

hepatitis and heavy metal free:
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

...and a word of advice to anyone who's getting tattooed for the first time:

ask the people who you see with nice work where they had it done. they will be flattered and happy to refer you.

when you visit the studio, look around really well. look at their work stations...are they clean and professional looking? are the floors clean? any clean-up operations should be done in a separate area so they should have what we call a "clean room"...this area is actually where the dirty stuff goes, so it should isolated. there should be an autoclave here, and preferably a dedicated sink. do they have lots of nice tattoo images?...we call it "flash," and there should be a good assortment of nice, clean, well drawn, fully-rendered, full-color, appealing images. the actual tattoo rarely ever looks better than the flash, so make sure you like it on paper...same goes for getting something custom...if they can't draw it on paper, there's no way they can do it on skin. are the license/health cert information displayed on the wall? do they seem, overall, "professional?" like they are not making it up as they go....like they do this for a living? go into the bathroom...is it clean?

look at portfolios of the artist's work who will be doing your tattoo. just because the shop is known for good work, does not necessarily mean that everyone that works there is as good. do you get a good vibe from the person? are they trying to push you into something that you don't want? like has been said, this is a lifelong commitment, and you will remember everything about it. if the guy/gal who is doing is is a jerk, they will be a jerk when you tell the story 20 years from now.

find the best artist for your particular tattoo. most good tattooers are good at everything that walks through the door, but we all have a bit of a specialty. do you like the stuff in their portfolio? a lot of good tattooers will be happy to refer you to someone who might be better suited to your project if they are not. like if you want a leafy, viney, fancy, family honor type thing, and all of the work in the portfolio you are looking at is black, bold tribal designs, you might want to look at a few more portfolios before you decide. most people have online portfolios/facebook/myspace/etc...check out everything that you can.

travel if you have to. a couple extra hours or days when entering a lifetime commitment is well worth it.

be firm with what you want, but don't be pushy. if you and the artist can't get along on the basics, back off and talk to someone else (my peers would be pissed that i'm saying this). remember...lifetime.

don't haggle. find the shop/artist that is right for your project and pay their price. another one of my fav qoutes:
"the bitterness of a bad tattoo long outlives the sweetness of a great price,"
...and the ever so common:
"good tattoos ain't cheap, and cheap tattoos ain't good."
this is not something that you want to save money on. it is something that you want to take proudly to your grave (and you will if you get a tattoo that you are proud of).

if you had a good experience and are really happy with the tattoo, tip. doesn't have to be much, or even money, but we love to feel appreciated, and we will remember, and take good care of you and your friends when you come back (...and you will...it's true what they say about it being addictive).

do not get tattooed out of someone's house.
do not get tattooed at a "tattoo party."

this is where the horror tales come from, and yes, unfortunately, some are true, but professional tattooing has been into its renaissance for well over a decade, and there are some AMAZING works, done by some GREAT people. tattooing is safer now than it has ever been, despite whatever hot-topic, wiki-google, alarmist BS about rabid-dog, hiv-peddling, cadmium merchants comes out of the internets. do your research. don't be afraid. get a killer tattoo.
Last edited by condensificator on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Austin Nichols
Rumrunner

Post by Austin Nichols »

I have a dog that has a tattoo in his ear, yes he's big, bad and tuff!! :mrgreen:

I've got some (3) original artwork on both arms and most of my back, I got them at certain times in my life for different reasons, they all symbolise one thing or another.

My mrs has a few smaller cute tats, one is what they call a "tramp stamp" on her lower back, and has both her nipples pierced with glowing rings :D

One of the most painful things ever was getting work done on my tail bone, farkin ell I was sweating n gritting my teeth then.

Cheers.
father william
Swill Maker

Post by father william »

Yes, by all means take your time. You don't want to end up with this one.

This is much better

Will Rogers
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kentucky shinner »

Man I think the chick Is really hot.. I dont see that as a mistake.. All that does is make me want to see the rest... mouht watering man :twisted: :twisted:
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Heh that gal loose her razor and ya gonna see a angle with a hairy chest. :esurprised:
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
father william
Swill Maker

Post by father william »

The woman is Asia Argento, Italian actress of some accomplishment and daughter of horror director Dario Argento.

If you want to see her nekked before she got that tat rent the British flick B. Monkey with Rupert Everett and Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

Will Rogers
JethroBodine
Swill Maker

Post by JethroBodine »

Aren't you supposed to kiss the feet of an angel?!?!?!? :twisted: :ebiggrin:
Master Bruce Lee said," The best style, is NO style."
I've had a LOT of practice at having no style.
Mud Mechanik
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mud Mechanik »

JethroBodine wrote:Aren't you supposed to kiss the feet of an angel?!?!?!? :twisted: :ebiggrin:

+1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :ebiggrin:
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway----John Wayne
Mel Gibson
Novice

Post by Mel Gibson »

condensificator wrote:cool. were all done then.

hepatitis and heavy metal free:
You are my hero. When I read a couple posts before this one that you were a tattoo artist, I thought to myself "if he can tattoo as well as he can bend metal, he must be The Man". Let me just say this. I worked in the same shop and Mike Parsons, Doc Dog and Pimp Hand Hayward and I have many hours in the chair, so I know what I'm looking for. Let's just say you're THE MAN.
SMiTH
Novice

Post by SMiTH »

Man that is a lot of colour condensificator, looks sweet but!

I try and stick with black and grey but thats just my personal preference. My grandfather had 2 full sleeves and the colour faded out of his long before he passed. I know thats because of the old inks that they used to use but I can never get that image out of my head which is why I stick with the black and grey work.
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

the chick is super hot, the tattoo is mediocre.

at that scale, you should be able to read the face. anyone who has ever held a pencil or a crayon, knows that faces are hard to draw, but if included in in artwork, they are absolutely the most important. we have a huge part of our brain that dedicated to facial recognition, and a slightly less huge part that is dedicated to tits and ass....that's why an untrained eye is impressed by this tattoo. chick is super hot, tattoo is ok, averages out to a good tattoo in the brain.

in tattoo, composition and placement are also very easy for our brain to recognize and appreciate, that is the strength of this piece. if you squint your eyes, just enough so that the features of the girl and the tattoo go out of focus, you'll see the composition. the photographer who took the picture has a bit to do with this aspect, and they were good. the tattooer (and tattooee) had the placement right, and that, with the contrast between the wings and the body of the angel, make the composition of the tattoo image work. if you return to focus and make a circle with your hand, and block out everything but the tattoo itself, you should be able to see the weakness. now take the blockout circle and move it up to the tits (just for fun...i did).

on a related, but separate note, i forgot to mention, that it is wise to get something that is timeless. beautiful adornment, will always be beautiful, but "milestone" or "commemorative" imagery is already dated. for those who worry about "what are people going to think about me in 40 years," if you have something beautiful, non-representational, and timeless on your body, they will think just that. if you get a badass skull, or a portrait of your favorite athlete, or hands ripping your chest open, or yosemite sam, or your favorite poem, etc. you will always be bound to telling that story to anyone who asks. representational stuff is very tricky and a good way to go about it is how scotty was describing it...with subtlety.

think aesthetic first and meaning a close second. remember...forever.
TipsyPig
Novice

Post by TipsyPig »

I have a few. Right arm is my USMC with bulldog and left arm is my stripes and hash marks. 3 meat tags, various places(just in case) and a heart with my wifes mane and all 4 kids in it, that way I can always have them wwith me. As for now I dont see another one in my future but that can all change. I have seen a lot of good work and my fair share of bad ones. Just know what you want think of the future and don't do the neck tats.
Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle.
Woody Allen
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Saw one guy trade a custom paintjob for a tat.
Too bad his arm couldnt be sanded down and repainted.
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
father william
Swill Maker

Post by father william »

or hands ripping your chest open
condensificator, that guy's tattoo isn't hands ripping his chest open. It's Goatse, a notorious Internet meme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx

I can't imagine how he'll explain it to his kids, if he ever has any.

Will Rogers
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

father william wrote:
condensificator, that guy's tattoo isn't hands ripping his chest open. It's Goatse, a notorious Internet meme.

...yeah, never seen or heard of that before. don't spend any of my internet time on sites that would deal with that sort of thing. seems like a feller who would get a tattoo like that prolly won't end up with kids anyhow, and it might be the perfect tattoo for the guy. not my place to pass judgment.
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

So the common ground we have is that we know that it can be screwed up and we need to be extra careful picking the person who does it and knowledgable about the risks involved.
Any information that helps people make good decisions is okay in my book.

Too bad the guy with he goatse tattoo didnt have a friend to tell him better...I can only hope thats a photoshop...for his sake.
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
Mel Gibson
Novice

Post by Mel Gibson »

father william wrote:

You /r/ or /b/?
SMiTH
Novice

Post by SMiTH »

I enjoy some /b/ :D its beyond me though why someone would get something like that on them.....

condensificator, any chance we can see what else you got on you? I really liked that arm.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

SMiTH wrote:I enjoy some /b/ :D its beyond me though why someone would get something like that on them.....

condensificator, any chance we can see what else you got on you? I really liked that arm.
arm??