If you've ever....you might be a Stiller

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: If you've ever....you might be a Stiller

Post by Deplorable »

If you cant walk through Tractor Supply without going through the feed and grain room (even though you dont have any farm animals), you might be a stiller..
Last week, I found rolled oats, flaked corn, and whole white wheat, and didnt buy anything but oyster shell for the garden, and another 5 gallon bucket. :crazy:
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

If yer wife buys you grains and propane because she dont want to go to the likker store you might be a stiller
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
Mash master
Novice

Post by Mash master »

If you look at every piece of fruit, potato, cereal and wonder how much starch is in it and what kind of starting gravity you would get, you might be a stiller
Up in the Shed
Novice

Post by Up in the Shed »

If someone says.... Some one just puked in there.....and you innocently think....Theres a Still in there? You might be a distiller
Up in the Shed

---20 Gallon EHERMS, 2" Pot Stil---
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

If just the sight of copper plumbing ever made you wonder if a urinal could be made into thumper...
C1F024E6-5912-45E2-9E25-D1B258219424.jpeg
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
n_plains_drifter
Swill Maker

Post by n_plains_drifter »

If your PhD scientist daughter comes home after a few years out of the house and says "Dad, I don't even need to see that all hooked up to know what you're up to!", you might be a stiller.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Deplorable wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:52 am If you cant walk through Tractor Supply without going through the feed and grain room (even though you dont have any farm animals), you might be a stiller..
Last week, I found rolled oats, flaked corn, and whole white wheat, and didnt buy anything but oyster shell for the garden, and another 5 gallon bucket. :crazy:
Last time I bought grain at TSC the clerk asked me what I was feeding ."Yeast," was my reply .
"Y'all need any propane for that ?"was his reply .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

If you’re ever loaded and see a clock that says 6.33pm , you might be a stiller with access to too much likker!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Drunkard
Novice

Post by Drunkard »

goinbroke2 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:37 pm If you’re ever loaded and see a clock that says 6.33pm , you might be a stiller with access to too much likker!
OMG... I just realised.... I'm a Stiller...
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

When your wife tells your kids that you are talking about making likker again, and the kids buy you a BOP for Christmas, you might be getting a hint from them that they'd like you to be a stiller again...[emoji1787]
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jog666 »

When your wife brings a mixed drink home from work and says you can do better after yall try it. Finds a recipe and buys what you dont have on hand so you can make it.
River Rat
Swill Maker

Post by River Rat »

When you do a drive-by of the feed store and decide to come back another day because you know the guy working the counter asks a lot of questions and gives you funny looks. You might be.....
Plain ole pot rig.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Drunkard wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:19 am
goinbroke2 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:37 pm If you’re ever loaded and see a clock that says 6.33pm , you might be a stiller with access to too much likker!
OMG... I just realised.... I'm a Stiller...
I had to look at that for a minute... what the hell was I talking about? Was I loaded when I wrote that??

Then I realized, I was talking about being loaded by 6.33pm and yes I remember posting that and yes I was loaded at the time... holy moley...when you have to explain your own jokes to yourself, you might be a stiller!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

When you are in an underground car park and you almost crash into a pillar because you are distracted by all the miles of 4” copper Plumbing
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Yummyrum wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:21 pm When you are in an underground car park and you almost crash into a pillar because you are distracted by all the miles of 4” copper Plumbing
That would be a tempting distraction .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Jstroke
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Jstroke »

When you are stuck behind a grain truck on a country road, watching grain spill out when it hits the bumps and wishing you had a bucket....
If in doubt leave it out.
mercmar
Novice

Post by mercmar »

if some recent users haven't seen this one yet you need to read the thread. Wayyy to many of these hit home.
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

Yummyrum wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:21 pm When you are in an underground car park and you almost crash into a pillar because you are distracted by all the miles of 4” copper Plumbing
If they used copper like that where I live it'd be stolen before the first rainfall :lol:
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

hellbilly007 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:38 pm
If they used copper like that where I live it'd be stolen before the first rainfall :lol:
Yep. Them tweakers would have it stole before the solder cooled.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jog666 »

Deplorable wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:01 pm
hellbilly007 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:38 pm
Yep. Them tweakers would have it stole before the solder cooled.
Same in this area, to a point. Several chicken houses were stripped of ALL copper some years back when prices were up some. Two 400 or 500 foot houses got stripped in less than a week. Faster than the bank could get the paperwork printed for the people buying them.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

If you have sixty eight 2kg bags of sugar in the basement and the wife texts you and says Walmart has sugar on for $1.27 a bag so you go and pick up 40 more bags, you might be a distiller!
Kindafrench
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kindafrench »

If your first name is Ben, then you might be a Stiller.

Sorry, bit off topic and not really funny, but couldn't resist.

Argh.... kind of a double post from page 3.
May a mod please delete it.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Swing... and a miss.. lol! It’s all good, the world always needs humour.

After hitting Wally World and picking up sugar I found I’m running out of storage... so I’m putting a 110L batch on when I get home today.

So....

If you’ve ever had to put on a batch of sugar wash because you don’t have any place to store it, you might be a stiller. :D
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

First world problems being what they are, ive been trying to decide what to make to "wash" one of my barrels after the malbec comes out. (That wines is coming along wonderfully I might add. Nice bourbon notes but not overpowering the hearty red wine.)
So to clean out some of the wine before putting a bourbon back in, ive thought about a big batch of SSS diluted to 65%, let it sit and pull some of the wine out of the wood.
Kindafrench
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kindafrench »

If you‘ve ever thought 2 inches is big, you might be a stiller.

... chatting with your friends and telling them you want to try out something new.... and you start the story with "There's a guy called uncle Jesse..."

... named your dog "white" ...

... found yourself comparing the kilo price of corn and sugar, in relation to product abv. and taste ...
IMALOSERSCUMBAG
Swill Maker

Post by IMALOSERSCUMBAG »

If your friends bring you their empty liquor bottles.....
wpkluck
Swill Maker

Post by wpkluck »

n_plains_drifter wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:16 pm If your PhD scientist daughter comes home after a few years out of the house and says "Dad, I don't even need to see that all hooked up to know what you're up to!", you might be a stiller.
If your daughter spells PhD like pH'd, you might be a stiller.
- The Doubler (5 gal pot w/thumper)

Run it, X. Thump it, XX. If you get 1.5, well, I think you can do better!
It's EASY to make good liquor. It's even EASIER to make bad liquor!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Deplorable wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:38 pm First world problems being what they are, ive been trying to decide what to make to "wash" one of my barrels after the malbec comes out. (That wines is coming along wonderfully I might add. Nice bourbon notes but not overpowering the hearty red wine.)
So to clean out some of the wine before putting a bourbon back in, ive thought about a big batch of SSS diluted to 65%, let it sit and pull some of the wine out of the wood.
Many years ago I did a 30L batch of “purple passion “ which is wine made with Welch’s grape juice. After doing it I ran it through the still.
Next time I was running a batch of all grain corn and I used the feights from the PP batch. Well! It was whisky with a bit of red wine after tones. Sounds disgusting but it was awesome after sitting on oak for a couple months.

So, I’d fill it with whisky if I were you.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

goinbroke2 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:43 pm
Deplorable wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:38 pm First world problems being what they are, ive been trying to decide what to make to "wash" one of my barrels after the malbec comes out. (That wines is coming along wonderfully I might add. Nice bourbon notes but not overpowering the hearty red wine.)
Many years ago I did a 30L batch of “purple passion “ which is wine made with Welch’s grape juice. After doing it I ran it through the still.
Next time I was running a batch of all grain corn and I used the feights from the PP batch. Well! It was whisky with a bit of red wine after tones. Sounds disgusting but it was awesome after sitting on oak for a couple months.

So, I’d fill it with whisky if I were you.
Yeah, another thought was fill it with UJSSM. I'm kind of afraid to fill it with all grain bourbon right after the wine comes out.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

When you see that post & wonder if Goingbroke2 is talking about

being drunk,
or being ready to light the still,
:?:

you might be a stiller.