biggest mess, share yours

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

drunk2much
Bootlegger

biggest mess, share yours

Post by drunk2much »

earlier this night my father and i where playing a game of pool in out renovated garage where we do all our brewing. well i walked over and tried to josh a 5 gallon glass fermentor full of fermenting molasses rum to get the hydrometer off the side of the glass i tried to take it by the handle but the whole thing lifted off the bottom glass leaving a perfect circular peace of glass and five gallons of the blackest sweet smelling stuff came flowing out of the bottom of the jug. while i stood there like a jackass shock at what was happing. while my mother making a wedding cake has the sense to run to the rag drawer and comense to trowning rags onto the running mess. lucky none got onto you pool table and it only took us about an hour to clean it up.

But i was wondering if anyone can top this stupid mistake that i made (i sure some one can)
when is never enough?
AfricaUnite
Swill Maker

Post by AfricaUnite »

My very first mash I made, I didnt read enough obviouslly and put a rubber stopper instead of an airlock. I wondered why it popped off so often, so I hammered it in so it would stay in, the next day there was sugar water all over the floor. That was a PAIN to clean up.
Big J
Swill Maker

Post by Big J »

Don't want to rain on your parade, but if you look down the page, there's a thread called 'biggest mess.' Lots of good stories in there.

-J
drunk2much
Bootlegger

Post by drunk2much »

yeah there sure is, dang my boat just shank. Thanks though.
when is never enough?