Good down home music...

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Dixieann13
Novice

Good down home music...

Post by Dixieann13 »

I always enjoy good old country and bluegrass or some nice blues, just some drankin music. I forget which member on here turned me onto steel driver, I read it in a post but who has some good old time drankin music I would love to hear some more bands ive never heard of.
00Buckshot
Novice

Re: Good down home music...

Post by 00Buckshot »

Some of my favorite songs that might fit that bill and directly relate to drinking would be

copperhead road-steve earle
rocky top- osborne brothers
.357 string band- down on a bender
white lightning- george jones

Prolly heard of most these, but if not check em out. I can post more if you like em too.
mtnshiner85
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by mtnshiner85 »

I like Old Crow Medicine Show alot, Yonder Mtn String Band, Drive By Truckers, Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, Trampled by Turtles are some of my favs.
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

Thanks to both of ya, old crow medicine show is on my playlist everyday, im from mountain city I miss it terribly. Keep em coming guys
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

Never heard doc watson, just checked it out, very good tunes :)
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

Yonder mointain string band is just what thw good lord answered for lol love it darn good drankin music!!!
bobtail
Bootlegger

Post by bobtail »

I posted the steeldriver link. Its some badass music . Also check out joe bohnamassa & bobby blue bland if you havnt already.
another of my old favorites is a band called " free beer "from the 1970's.
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

Thanks bobtail I couldnt remember where I seen it
GreenMTNfermenter
Novice

Post by GreenMTNfermenter »

Greensky Bluegrass is a new favorite of mine
Also, I gotta say, every episode of American Routes is just damn fantastic. It isn't bluegrass (sometimes it is) but it's just an amazing show. Certainly worth listening...
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

Although these aren't blue grass...damn good drinking music if you ask me: Shane Macgowan(pogues), Dubliners, Christy Moore, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly...just about anything Irish folk or Irish folk-punk. Cash.
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

Im gonna check to see how many of these bands are on rhapsody once I get off work, hopefully quite a few of the.
Kidnapper2
Swill Maker

Post by Kidnapper2 »

For those of you who like Old Crow Medicine Show, check out a band called Turnpike Troubadours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahmn02Urc0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
*It should be observed, that neither age or double distillation, will render good, whiskey originally bad; or that has recieved an improper flavour during the fermentation. From The Distiller, by Harrison Hall 1818.
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

Hey greenmtn, what is this american routes you speak of?
MontanaMule
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MontanaMule »

Kidnapper2 wrote:For those of you who like Old Crow Medicine Show, check out a band called Turnpike Troubadours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahmn02Urc0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Love the Troubadours... great band! I have been listening to a lot of red dirt music (jason boland, randy rogers, jackson taylor, Cross Canadian Ragweed) plus a little Canadian country like Corb Lund and Tim Hus...the shit thats coming out of Nashville is garbage, no offense to you boys down south, but if I hear one more damn song about how great the south is i'm going to start pulling my hair out ... the north ain't so bad! :lol:
The man bangin' on the door yelled "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms!"....I just assumed it was more supplies.

HD GOOGLE SEARCH A distillers BEST friend besides yeast!
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

I agree just about everyone making the new country music is to poppy for me if I have to hear another taylor swift song I might just eat a bullit for breakfast
bobtail
Bootlegger

Post by bobtail »

This is the only utube link i could find to free beer. but found all 3 albums on itunes.
I have the 1st 2 albums just never located the 3rd,
This isnt there best music but gives you an idea of their sound. lots of steel pedal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DxEJTPF ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
GreenMTNfermenter
Novice

Post by GreenMTNfermenter »

Dixieann -
It's a weekly 2 hourradio show that travels through history and influences of american music tradition. It's based out if new orleans and is likely the best 2 hours of sound one can find, ifn you like that sort of thing.
The websitehas tons of archived shows.
Greenmtn
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

Rhapsody has all of the free beer albums its good music was listenin to it all day at work, thanks greenmtn im deff gonna check it out!
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

This is a good show you might like -

http://www.coopradio.org/content/pines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
I do all my own stunts
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

just found out tonight after work i get to see my hero "No show Jones" for the first and last time in concert. I grew up listening to my dads folks listening to his music and ive listened my whole life and now i get to take my kids. its his last tour so i guess i get to check it off my bucket list. ill make sure i have a nice silver flask with some nice corn likker inside my jacket. im a blessed daddy i get to go sideways every once and again :ebiggrin:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

I collect old country music a hobby, don't mind Hank Williams Hank Snow, Carter Family (will the circle be unbroken is a fav) and Ernest Tubbs version of the Confederate national anthem is pretty good. Marty Robbins sung a bootleging song (ballard of thunder roadand I like Kitty Wells singing Rockytop. Johnny cash is a less old fav especially the album bitter tears and of the more modern stuff DA coe with The Confederate Railway sang a song one outlaw left also not bad as is HW jr's mighty oak trees
Got I suppose bout 3000 tracks on this lap top mostly pre 1960's country and had hundreds of old 78's
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

blind drunk wrote:This is a good show you might like -

http://www.coopradio.org/content/pines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

thanks blind drunk i checked out the previouse shows, deff good stuff, instead of bringing my phone to the stereo in the garage when im "workin" ill have my lap top hooked to it, my phone wont co op with that website :(
Dixieann13
Novice

Post by Dixieann13 »

thecroweater wrote:I collect old country music a hobby, don't mind Hank Williams Hank Snow, Carter Family (will the circle be unbroken is a fav) and Ernest Tubbs version of the Confederate national anthem is pretty good. Marty Robbins sung a bootleging song (ballard of thunder roadand I like Kitty Wells singing Rockytop. Johnny cash is a less old fav especially the album bitter tears and of the more modern stuff DA coe with The Confederate Railway sang a song one outlaw left also not bad as is HW jr's mighty oak trees
Got I suppose bout 3000 tracks on this lap top mostly pre 1960's country and had hundreds of old 78's

I know im new here and im a simple a** country boy so dont take this the wrong way, but i love it when i see another good ole boy from way a way and over yonder in the holler listenin to the confederate railway hahaha ifn i aint sippin to much i think its railroad but yes sir indeed just what the whiskey asked for its all good drankin music. +1 croweater ill sip to that!
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Bump.

Cannot say anything good about tennessee football but thanks for it all Charlie

Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
tombombadil
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tombombadil »

Flurgin
Uncle Hamish And The Hooligans
The Peelers
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Thanks, Stoney.

Great stuff.

Geoff
The Baker
Stilljoy McFlavour
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stilljoy McFlavour »

I'm checking out the suggestions here; very nice. Here's some of my own:

Serious sippin':
Mississippi John Hurt
Robert Johnson

Relaxed sippin'
Tony Joe White
Muddy Waters

Happy sippin'
Screamin' Jay Hawkings
Dan Tyminski
Dr. Hook and the Medicine show (pre '75)

Extatic sippin'
Seasick Steve
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

The Baker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:38 am Thanks, Stoney.

Great stuff.

Geoff
Not sure what you saw Geoff .... But Guessing you are taking the Aussie piss :ebiggrin: ... All I got was this too , down under :wink:

Maybe they are region coding us poor bastards :|
Attachments
image.png