The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HDNB
Site Mod

Re: The liar's bench

Post by HDNB »

Truckinbutch wrote:Spendin a day MIG welding on dozer bogey wheels in an auto-dark helmet , combat boots , while wearing a pair of bermuda shorts and no shirt can have dire consequences .Don't you dare ask me how know this .

ooo...how was the sun tan? as good as the day you passed out nekkid floating out on the lake?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

HDNB wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:Spendin a day MIG welding on dozer bogey wheels in an auto-dark helmet , combat boots , while wearing a pair of bermuda shorts and no shirt can have dire consequences .Don't you dare ask me how know this .

ooo...how was the sun tan? as good as the day you passed out nekkid floating out on the lake?
Much worse ! At least my 'buddy' escaped the burn .
I was a quick study on that MIG welding ........
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Blarney Stoned
Swill Maker

Post by Blarney Stoned »

Truckinbutch wrote:
HDNB wrote:

Much worse ! At least my 'buddy' escaped the burn .
I was a quick study on that MIG welding ........
MIG welded an aluminum diamond plate boat dock for a feller years ago with no shirt. The skin on my chest fell off the next day. :oops:
Last edited by Blarney Stoned on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Yep . Them welders deserve some respect .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Hilltop
Swill Maker

Post by Hilltop »

Truckinbutch wrote:Yep . Them welders deserve some respect .
I'm in the chemical plant tig to welding 2 inch schedule ten stainless pipe today and it's raining to boot. I'm having to wear rubber boots to keep from getting shocked as my gloves are wet.
"Virtute et armis" By valor and arms

Let's keep our country free as God has given us.

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death."
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Best story I have there happened about 4 years ago. My son had been messing around on his Mountain bike and fell over , yep he had been drinking a bit, and shattered his thumb. To fix it they had to do surgery and there were pins sticking out of the cast holding the bones in place. He had come to my workplace and needed something TIG welded for his car. He was always trying something to go faster. So he was holding it in place while I tacked it together. Some how the first arc started and ran through the little rod sticking out of the cast that was running through his thumb bone. He must have been grounded out somehow by leaning on the table. You have never heard such a sound come from a grown man before. All I could do is laugh and ask him to hold the piece a bit steadier.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

corene1 wrote:Best story I have there happened about 4 years ago. My son had been messing around on his Mountain bike and fell over , yep he had been drinking a bit, and shattered his thumb. To fix it they had to do surgery and there were pins sticking out of the cast holding the bones in place. He had come to my workplace and needed something TIG welded for his car. He was always trying something to go faster. So he was holding it in place while I tacked it together. Some how the first arc started and ran through the little rod sticking out of the cast that was running through his thumb bone. He must have been grounded out somehow by leaning on the table. You have never heard such a sound come from a grown man before. All I could do is laugh and ask him to hold the piece a bit steadier.
HAHAHAHA!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Seen some guy whiz on an electrical fence years ago, some interesting facial expressions right there.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Been there, done that, got piss all over my T shirt to prove it.
Not one of my best memories as a teenager, trying to milk a herd at 6 in the morning, total numb nuts the rest of the day.
Last edited by kiwi Bruce on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting hung up all day on smiles
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Dew wet tennis shoes on 2 mouth breathing redneck 9 year olds in 1959 who decided to hold hands and piss on the fence to see who was the toughest . The fence won .
We laid on our backs in the grass lie 2 baby robins . Mouths opening and closing with no sound coming out .
Lessons like that stick in your mind ..............
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Heard of an electric fencer being connected to a steel plate where an annoying dog used to piss....

Geoff
The Baker
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

The Baker wrote:Heard of an electric fencer being connected to a steel plate where an annoying dog used to piss....

Geoff

years ago one neighbor set that trap for another neighbor's little dog who regularly watered

the first neighbors pansies. the poor little dog spent the rest of his life with a hard on.
be water my friend
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

The Baker wrote:Heard of an electric fencer being connected to a steel plate where an annoying dog used to piss....

Geoff
I did that for an annoying dog that kept getting in my household trash can on my back porch . Laid down screen wire and placed the galvanized trash can on a piece of custom cut rubber mine conveyor belting . Cut the end off an extension cord and wired one leg to the screen and the other to the can . When I heard the dog on the porch I just rolled over in bed and plugged the cord into the wall socket .
Had dog shit sprayed all over the porch and a serious bulge in the woven wire yard fence the next morning .
That dog never came back :D
Blarney Stoned
Swill Maker

Post by Blarney Stoned »

Truckinbutch wrote:

Geoff
I did that for an annoying dog that kept getting in my household trash can on my back porch . Laid down screen wire and placed the galvanized trash can on a piece of custom cut rubber mine conveyor belting . Cut the end off an extension cord and wired one leg to the screen and the other to the can . When I heard the dog on the porch I just rolled over in bed and plugged the cord into the wall socket .
Had dog shit sprayed all over the porch and a serious bulge in the woven wire yard fence the next morning .
That dog never came back :D
Stop it !!! I'm laughing so hard my face hurts.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

The electric fences we used cycled at two in five...2 second on and 3 seconds until it came on again...those two second seems like a week when you can't stop peeing or get away from it...and SCREAM !!!
I heard of a drunk falling on one once...I can't imagine how quickly he sobered up...
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

HA HA HA! You fellas sure seem to have a problem with electric fences and marking your territory!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Sheilas can be a bit silly with this fence business, check out these kiwi chicks

https://youtu.be/p9YJlLNTI1E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

That was GREAT! guess she needed to check out the landing zone a bit better. When we were kids my cousin and i would go to the neighbors field and catch a small calf and see if we could ride it just for fun. Yes we hit the ground many times with the same results. Thank goodness the field had a transfer canal at it's edge so we could go jump in it and wash the muck off.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

So much for the first drink of the evening , Crowe . I just snorted that one through my nostrils and have to go pour another .....
A goog hanky would clean the poo . Who got the pleasure of kissing the booboos on that cute bum ?
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

THAT'S JUST TOO RICH!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Wow. I still remember a cold winter morning, waiting for the school bus with my little brother. We must have been about six and eight years old. I'm the older one although everyone thinks he is. Eventually the inevitable happened and we dared each other to soak the electric fence. It would be great to have a third person perspective of these two little boys beside a country road in tandem, pants low, but no - I just remember it hurt.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

corene1 wrote:Thank goodness the field had a transfer canal at it's edge so we could go jump in it and wash the muck off.
Milk powder plant with a runoff that went into the canal where we lived...local kids would swim in them...not me, we caught eels in there as big around as a cage wrestlers forearm and six foot long...real water monsters.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

so a thread on superstition just popped up and reminded me...

a few years ago i was visiting West Yellowstone and me and the wife went to grab a bite to eat. Nice looking little restaurant attached to a hotel...and out front they had a train car on display.
I'm always curious about historical stuff, so i stopped to view it. The little sign said it was a turn of the century lux sleeper car that had been decommissioned and fell into disrepair. They Decided to bring it back to it's former glory and restored it to original and then dressed it up with a few period items like suitcases and such.
It was a really beautiful restoration.
open to the public, we went in to walk though it an the very second i set foot on that car, a wave of nauseating unease overcame me. I thought maybe i was a bit off...maybe something bad from lunch a couple hours ago was coming to haunt me.
as my wife admired the craftsmanship. i hurried through and told her "i gotta get off this thing" and blitzed for the other door.
The moment i stepped out of the other door, the feeling was gone.
so (being somewhat stupid) i stepped back in. same thing happened, instantly.

I got back out and waited for the wife. and then we went and got a table for dinner. I was telling her about the experience when the waitress came over. I asked her - "so What's up with that train car" and out of all the answers that question could elicit, she says "oh, so you're one of those, hey?"

Of course i had to ask, one of what?

She went on to explain that any number of people "talk" about the train car in the same way, endless stories...

Any of you ever been to West Yellowstone and seen this train car?

now i drink for evil.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Never been to West Yellowstone . Been in many similar situations .
I generally walk comfortably with the spirits and they are friendly to me .
Most recent bad experience was in Cumberland , MD . One of our friends bought a pre Civil War mansion in the historic district of Cumberland . It had been a family home , that was commandeered as a hospital during the war and then was a funeral home for a time before reverting to a residence .
There was one room where the dark forces were so overwhelming that I could not sit in the room .
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Difference between American and Australian speech.

You say 'What's up with.... ' and you mean (I think) 'what is the situation....'

We say that and we mean, 'There seems to be a problem, a difficulty with....; what is it?''

Much stronger saying.

Geoff
The Baker
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

The Baker wrote:Difference between American and Australian speech.

You say 'What's up with.... ' and you mean (I think) 'what is the situation....'

We say that and we mean, 'There seems to be a problem, a difficulty with....; what is it?''

Much stronger saying.

Geoff
yeah, it is kinda an off hand remark in Canada. i may have been speaking 'stralian there that time :shock:

TB. i'm usually really comfortable with the spirits too. i even get animals. when i first moved into the place i'm at now there was an old barn and whenever i walked through it at night i would consistently see an old grey mare in one of the middle stalls. Of course she was gone many years. I did learn a few years later from a gal that boarded a horse at the time, first hand knowledge that a grey mare had died in a mid stall.
i replaced the barn and she seems to have moved on to greener pastures.

(people that don't get this prolly think those that do are absolutely nuts. :lol: :lol: )

now i drink for evil.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

HGNB , you walk with the spirits and they walk with you . If you deny them , they abandon you and you are on your own . I'm sure you understand .
My spirit animal is the redtailed hawk that soars over my home every day to check on me . He will also grab a squirrel or rabbit from my yard for a meal . I don't begrudge him that .
Almtngoat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Almtngoat »

Howdy all it has been a honor to read through this thread, I feel that I know you. To have read the tales, the trials, the tribulations, of life beginning, of life moving on and the comraderie I hope to be a part of in the future. I am so long divored and running lobo I wouldn't know what to do with a SOH though I can spin a yarn or three about my ex's. If I may I'll pull up this bucket, haven't earned a seat on the bench yet,and rest these bones a bit maybe I can bum a pull of a jug while I think of some tales to tell. I don't like being a bum but I''m a ways from getting my rig up and running and will gladly return the favor ten fold when I do.
Life's too short to not give it all you have, live, learn and drink whiskey!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Almtngoat wrote:Howdy all it has been a honor to read through this thread, I feel that I know you. To have read the tales, the trials, the tribulations, of life beginning, of life moving on and the comraderie I hope to be a part of in the future. I am so long divored and running lobo I wouldn't know what to do with a SOH though I can spin a yarn or three about my ex's. If I may I'll pull up this bucket, haven't earned a seat on the bench yet,and rest these bones a bit maybe I can bum a pull of a jug while I think of some tales to tell. I don't like being a bum but I''m a ways from getting my rig up and running and will gladly return the favor ten fold when I do.
You just dust off a patch of bench and have a pull off whatever is at hand . We ain't stingy or class conscious . A story teller's coin is his tales .In that respect ; all who sit here are rich .
Some fresh blood might get the rest of us to yarnin again .
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Pass that jar...i may be in a bit of trouble...

The wife arrived home after a long shopping trip, and was some pissed off to find me in bed with a young, lovely thing. Just as she was about to storm out of the house, I slowed her down to explain:
“Before you leave, I want you to hear how this all came about. Driving home, I saw this young girl, looking poor and tired, I offered her a ride.

She was hungry, so I brought her home and fed her some of the roast you had forgotten about in the refrigerator.” Her shoes were worn out so I gave her a pair of your shoes you didn’t wear because they were out of style.

She was cold so I gave her that new birthday sweater you never wore even once because the color didn’t suit you. Her slacks were worn out so I gave her a pair of yours that you don’t fit into anymore.

Then as she was about to leave the house, she paused and asked, “Is there anything else that your wife doesn’t use anymore?” “And so, here we are!”​

I think she's really mad about the shoes or something...

now i drink for evil.