The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Re: The liar's bench

Post by kiwi Bruce »

cranky wrote:I just realized, as of a week ago I have been a member here for 5 years now :D
CONGRATULATIONS CRANKY ! ! ! (not lying, for real)
Getting hung up all day on smiles
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote: Yepper . Understand why you had to leave early . Still , there are consequences . Stickin around the fire until the last dog is hung delivers some benefits .
SOH and I will hoist the 4 oz I brought home in toast to all and the memory of a good time had by all .
SOH missed all you folks , too . She's hinted that she might let me host another gathering year after next .
Somebody else will have to pick up the slack next year . That's already being discussed .
Stuff that dreams are made of .........
Think I can twist her arm a bit with another offering of Amaretto?
SOH just made a counter offer . You host a party and she will come along as kitchen help and bring a bottle of her kahlua . Ball's back in your court .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

cranky wrote:This post might be best placed in the Home Distillers Anonymous thread but I noticed nobody has been around the bench lately

I just realized, as of a week ago I have been a member here for 5 years now :D I was actually a lurker for some time before that and still have a bottle of all-bran that I made back in 2013. I found it the other day and tried it and I still think it's pretty darn good. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a little reading :D
Yes, it is amazing! There clearly was a distillers life before HD. :sarcasm:
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us nonetheless. :thumbup:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

kiwi Bruce wrote:
cranky wrote:I just realized, as of a week ago I have been a member here for 5 years now :D
CONGRATULATIONS CRANKY ! ! ! (not lying, for real)
Kareltje wrote:
cranky wrote:This post might be best placed in the Home Distillers Anonymous thread but I noticed nobody has been around the bench lately

I just realized, as of a week ago I have been a member here for 5 years now :D I was actually a lurker for some time before that and still have a bottle of all-bran that I made back in 2013. I found it the other day and tried it and I still think it's pretty darn good. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a little reading :D
Yes, it is amazing! There clearly was a distillers life before HD. :sarcasm:
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us nonetheless. :thumbup:
Thank you, It's amazing how the time has flown.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Cranky you dont look five years old! Seems longer my friend. Time passes all too quickly especially when you're having fun. I haven't been around much as other things come along and the deck is reshuffled. All the cards are still in play but there is only one joker in the deck and he rarely shows up. I talked to Jimbo today to wish him a happy birthday. It was good to hear from him and we spoke of HD so i made time to visit here tonight. Not even TB misses me as i havent heard from him either. Call a man every week on the same day at the same time for six months and miss two calls and no one notices. Oh well, i think i am gonna take this Husky Varner and cut the leg off this damned bench and set it back in place with some of this damned clay mud until TB comes back around to whittle. Feel like burning something too. Damned me! Ole Mayor's wife got them granny bloomer of hers hanging on the line. They'll make a good start!
Ga Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Good to see you are just a cantankerous as ever Mr. Flatwoods. Notice I said Mister as I heard you are a gentleman farmer these days.
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Truckinbutch wrote: SOH just made a counter offer . You host a party and she will come along as kitchen help and bring a bottle of her kahlua . Ball's back in your court .
If I only had the space to do it. I would love to throw and S3 one day.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote: SOH just made a counter offer . You host a party and she will come along as kitchen help and bring a bottle of her kahlua . Ball's back in your court .
If I only had the space to do it. I would love to throw and S3 one day.
I understand space limitations . That's reason not to host one because it's hard to turn folks away on account of available space . I think you got credit on 'The Bench' for your contributions this year .
I'll be posting a picture of this iconic symbol at some point .
Who knows ? I might get to see you if I go fishing in the marshes next year .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Flatwoods ,
You randy old goat ! You've been keeping yourself so busy between storms and cane farmin that you even missed S3 18 . I been busy since spring , too . Pried loose a Friday to Sunday trip for me and Jed to attend S3 18 .
Since spring we got a mile of high pressure water line across the farm and a mile and a half of all weather gravel road for the gas company to reach their booster pump at the back end of the farm .
That includes 2 miles of new 5 strand fence and 2 cattle guard crossings .
6,000 tons of gravel and they are still trucking in stone .
Our contractor is within 3 weeks of finishing a 1,280 sq ft final phase addition to our house .
We been a little busy .
SOH is getting the second shoulder replacement done 10/23 and taking a month off from work .
I was just about to call you and see if you could run them storms off long enough for us to visit a day or two in November .
You don't seem to be holding as much sway with Mother Nature as you have claimed in earlier posts .
I'll be callin .
Butch
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote:Good to see you are just a cantankerous as ever Mr. Flatwoods. Notice I said Mister as I heard you are a gentleman farmer these days.
He's been proppin that , Corene ; but , I think that he went and rescued that damned monkey and they set up a weather control generator and used a cane field for camo .
They are in bidness together now in storm damage recovery .
Iddano ........
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

TB
You call, you come. Waiting on ya...
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ga flatwoods wrote:TB
You call, you come. Waiting on ya...
Have to see how SOH does with the shoulder replacement .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Sad day here . Have a pull off an indiscriminant jug of white dog AG and kick back for a while .
SOH is recovering slower than expected from last Friday's total shoulder replacement .
We had planned to do a last road trip while she was in recovery to visit the middle daughter , Flatwoods , And a lifelong friend in Chassahowitkska , FL .
That friend had suffered with what his PCP had diagnosed as acid reflux for 3 weeks prior to his wife insisting that he go to the hospital last Tuesday .
He died today from liver cancer that might have been treatable if diagnosed in time .
Just a fucked up day .
SOH healing so slowly is going to screw our trip to see Flatwoods before Thanksgiving .
Just , DAMNIT ! ......................
Life ain't always fair .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

That's a darn shame Butch, misdiagnosis can be a bad thing. Damn "horse doctor" mum was seeing told her she had some infection and she was on and off antibiotics for a blasted year I begged her to see another Doctor one that wasn't a hick town quack. Well luckily that clown got sick and she had to see another Doctor who knew in an instant it was something else as it was pain on the wrong side for a start. She had had bowel cancer for the last year and it was massive, just how it didn't cost her her life is little short of a miracle. Sorry it wasn't a happier outcome for ya old mate.
My ex's stepdad was and is a good friend, I was friend with him before I even knew the ex. Years ago I knew all his old drinking buddies but they have just about all gone now. I travelled with him to his stepbrother's funeral the other day, a bloke a fair bit younger than he and an all round nice fella. He got into some off chicken and it laid him out for a good few weeks. Anyways a few weeks back they said he was good enough to go home so checked him out of hospital and barely a week later he was back with massive organ failure, liver kidneys etc, I'm guessing they didn't do one damn test on him before sending him home as a simple blood test should have showed liver problems. Doesn't alway pay to blindly trust the Doctor.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Thanks , Crowe . He was booked to fly to Pittsburgh last Wednesday , see his only grandson for the first time and surprise his Mother on her 80th birthday ................
YESTERDAY !
Hell of a thing .
I was 200' away from her oldest son when he got killed in a coal mine collapse before he was 21 . Now losing the second son at 59 on her birthday . 1 son left .
Enjoy the mates you have while you have them . Tomorrow is not promised to any of us .
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

I am sorry for your losses, Truckinbutch.
Lost my best friend when he was only 56 and that is not funny at all.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Condolences Truckinbutch.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Sorry to here of the loss Butch.

Hope the wife gets to feeling better sooner rather than later and you all get to take a trip before the weather gets too bad to travel.

Haven't been around alot myself due to work and all but I did manage to knock down 3 ferments yesterday
Rum .126
HBB AG .068
Sweetfeed .075

Also been working on some more meads to bring to wherever S3:19 will be held.

Gathering up cider to make a proper brandy since our trees didn't do squat this year.

On a high note, I got a raise, company truck and a new Hitachi ex400 Excavator.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

a raise huh? those fellas must be smart enough to know an ex 400 can dig a hole deep enough the cadaver dogs can't smell 'em.

new truck is always a welcome perk too.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Shine0n wrote:Sorry to here of the loss Butch.

Hope the wife gets to feeling better sooner rather than later and you all get to take a trip before the weather gets too bad to travel.

Haven't been around alot myself due to work and all but I did manage to knock down 3 ferments yesterday
Rum .126
HBB AG .068
Sweetfeed .075

Also been working on some more meads to bring to wherever S3:19 will be held.

Gathering up cider to make a proper brandy since our trees didn't do squat this year.

On a high note, I got a raise, company truck and a new Hitachi ex400 Excavator.
Thanks for the condolences .
Happy to hear of your successes . I pull the lid on your peach from time to time just to savor the aroma . Can't bring myself to lose it all in one drink .
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

I was cleaning the lint out of my bellybutton this morning and my bum fell off!
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Kiwi, ya'll gotta remember that down your way things turn in the opposite direction. Next time turn the belly button anti-clockwise an it'll all work out proper.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

NO! My junk could fall off!
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Funny stuff kiwi :thumbup:

Thanks Butch, that stuff is potent so one sitting might get you into some trouble. lol

Now my 400 has a 90 ft APE mast with 80 ft of 24" auger because I like to digem deep.

Super structure going in in Va Beach and I'm the lucky bastard who gets to drill the piles for the footers.
emptyglass
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: Victoria, Australia.Usually the shed. Sometimes the cellar.

Post by emptyglass »

Sorry guy's, I havn't dragged a seat up at the liars bench for a very long time.

Glad to see your all still talking shit.

My wife came home, my dog is alive and my truck isnt broken down....I just played country music backwards
You design it, I make it. Copper and Stainless. Down under. PM me.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Don't play Heavy Metal backwards...your bum will fall off!
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Have you ever played bluegrass backwards? It sounds the same as going forwards and nothing falls off!
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Holy crap, Kiwi. Ya seen to have a problem keepin' yer nethers attached. :esurprised: mebee want ta see about some sorta straps or maybe some a that flour paste they talking about. :wtf:
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Camo Duck Tape! Keeping it ALL together...with the added advantage...I can run around the back yard naked, invisible from the waist down!
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

ADVISE!...LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE....DON'T MAKE A THONG OUT OF DUCT-TAPE!