The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Re: The liar's bench

Post by SassyFrass »

You know, as well as I, that time makes most things better. Or at least more tolerable.
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Just had a buddy show up and while shooting the shit realized my other buddy should be here any time. Neither had ever met each other before so I told him he’s hard of hearing, you got to yell. Then I texted my other buddy who was on his way that this guy was here and he’s hard of hearing and he’ll have to yell. For 10 minutes they yelled at each other until they realized I’m an asshole! Lol!
The wife even came out, asking what all the yelling was about, I shushed her and said let it play out. She went back in the house saying I’m such a jerk to my friends.

Never a dull moment around here, lol.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

I am trying to be less of an asshole each day though.

Baby steps...

Fuck you

:ewink:
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Yep, had some friends that liked to prank is other fellers.

Some of them real good guys. Too bad they went missing..

. .but sink holes need filled.

Naw, just kidding...why waste all that meat, hogs gotta eat...

Seriously,...I'm just kidding. LOL

SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Last night sucked for me ,too . Went to bed when I got off here and slept for 2 hours before I had to piss . On the way back from the bathroom that damned calico cat started streaking figure 8's around my legs and tripped me .Broke my right arm and SOH had to help me get up off the floor . Visited with some nice doctors today .
They said , what with the cast they put on my arm and all , that I shouldn't try to prep the cat for the crock pot .
Guess she lives a while longer .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Sorry to hear TB. Broke arm sux. Hope you get to feeling better, faster than expected. Heal well.
SF

cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

sorry to hear butch you could have gone another 203 pages without a broke arm I reckon.

heal well, and fast. keep that glass of liquid pain killer topped up.
be water my friend
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Damn, TB that’s some tough luck. But in the end it’s just another opportunity the good lord gave to practice your patience. Enjoy it while it lasts ‘cause any day on the right side of the grass is a good day.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Thanks for the good wishes . Pulled the door latch on a suicide rear car door in 1952 to see what would happen . 60' flight and 200' of endos on the asphalt and 3 months hospitalization recovering from abrasions and a skull fracture .
Never dampened my enthusiasm for "Pull the pin , let go the handle , and see what happens next ."
Told the Doc today that being tripped by a cat was anticlimactic compared to bailing from a farm tractor rollover and surviving that first broken arm and the 4 ribs .
........She just shook her head and kept on wrapping the cast on my arm.
Such is life .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

TB, rolling a tractor is a scary thing to think about. Let me guess, going around a hill sideways? Or bushhogging and dropping one side off into a real deep ditch hidden by the brush. Or just driving one of those tricycle tractors? I knew quite a few folks that turned them things over.

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Mowing a steep pasture . A rear mount mower with the bar downhill . Low rear tire rolled out from under the rim and the race was on . rolling down hill ahead of a rolling tractor .I heard them angels wings flapppin that day .
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Those 6'-8' sickle bars were dangerous, if you didnt keep your wits about ya. Like cleaning out tough briars that tangled up the blades. Never had a tire slip a rim like that. Had some blow outs from hitting sharp stobs, but luckily all on flat ground.
Growing up on a side hill farm, most of our equipment wasnt the best and might have been considered ramshackle. Reckon we could have done better on maintenance. It's a wonder that so many us made it past our teen years.

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We were agile and bounced well . Learned our limits while young enough to survive mishaps .
Farming , horse breaking , bull riding , coal mining , logging ,truck driving , bar room brawling ; nothing in my life has fostered longevity .
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Yep, did all that plus some other stuff except coal mining. Had too many in the family that worked the deep mines. Now that was a hard life. Hell it ain't easy for the miners now. I'd rather be under the sun than the ground. Them folks earned their pay, and then some.

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

5F1AFE4B-AACB-4E51-B299-02E60561BEC5.jpeg
Well fuck.
Out wheeling tonight, rolled the fucking truck.

Broke out both back windows and kicked out. The windshield
Likker and 4 wheeling isn’t working for me...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Full throttle, jumping Shit, ended upside down in a fucking ditch. Fun while it lasted. Buddy lost his wallet, we’re going back tomorrow
Had a friend v of my kid with me, 21 year old 6 ft blonde hottie, broke her front tooth, I hurt my left leg and the chainsaw in the back got me in the side of the head on the way to the front seat. 1:50 am, just got home after rolling it back over and got it going and drove it home.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

More pics
B11E0E7F-4153-471B-8254-5AD83A62C5B4.jpeg
3ACC628B-3A9A-49A8-867D-41DE821D95CD.jpeg
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Fuck, just went to bed, reached up... there’s a chunk missing from my right ear. I guess the chainsaw got me more than I thought.
FE3F18C5-E5E3-475B-B256-5AFC63011237.jpeg
2B79A3B0-E467-4CF3-969A-82A5D263A285.jpeg
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

YOU ARE STILL BREATHING . That has to carry some value . Poor judgement has no age limit . Longevity expiration dates are , however, flexible . You can exit this mortal coil at any time without warning .
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Truckinbutch wrote:YOU ARE STILL BREATHING . That has to carry some value . Poor judgement has no age limit . Longevity expiration dates are , however, flexible . You can exit this mortal coil at any time without warning .
I gotta agree with TB. It's a good day if you are upright and sucking air. Beats hell out a pushing up daisies. TB just said it better than me.

Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

goinbroke2 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:59 pm Fuck, just went to bed, reached up... there’s a chunk missing from my right ear. I guess the chainsaw got me more than I thought.
gladd you and rest are allright. not for me to lecture but stuuf should always be tide down. learned that from young age. hollidays, kids rode in the back of the land rover. on the beach the old man was not always fresh and hitting a dune on the leeway down with loose stuff around.... and if you complained your backside burned.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Holy crap I’m sore this morning! So left quadricep is so sore I can’t bend my leg, got a chunk out of my right ear and a 3” diameter red mark/scuff on the right side of my head. My neck is so stiff I can hardly move it. Buddy lost his wallet in the recovery and 8 of them are out looking for that and whatever else flew out of the truck. Got the whole story on the tooth, I thought she did it in the truck, turns out she had a glass in her mouth while running up the stairs and tripped going face first into the wife curio cabinet. Whole lot of confusion here last night.

I was a dumbass though, besides the obvious, we weren’t wearing seatbelts because we just jumped back in the truck after a pee break. Roll bars don’t help you if you’re not strapped in.
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

Damn hope you all heal quick
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Yep. I hope everyone heals well and quickly. I probably ought a give ya hell about being a dumbass, but that'd be like the pot calling the kettle black. [emoji16]
Get well soon GB.
SF

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Thanks guys, the plot thickens...now we’ve figured she never hit the curio cabinet (couldn’t of, none of the crystal stuff is moved/broke)
Now we think she tripped and broke her tooth on the mug. (Not glass)
Pretty foggy here today, never found the wallet and my little jerry can with the chainsaw gas that was left behind is gone. So, obviously somebody else was on the trails between 1:30 this morning and 11:00 or so when they got back to it and took the can and possibly the wallet.
Heading back into the hot tub and the wife is going to bed. Time to sit and quietly ponder in 104f water...
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

Truckinbutch wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:02 pm Pulled the door latch on a suicide rear car door in 1952 to see what would happen .
I was on tow in a sailplane just after takeoff 150-200 feet up when the passenger says what's this thing do? and reaches

over and pulls the emergency canopy release. that releases the hinge pins but not the latches on the other side. the canopy

pops open and hangs on the latches its 8 feet long and 5 feet wide flattened in the wind and now its folded in half over

the right wing root. SHIT. cut the tow rope, set it down in a stump filled field and assess the fact there is no human

damage, just bent aluminum and a destroyed canopy. 3g's for the canopy $10,000 total. and the boss gave the asshole in

the back seat his money back because he didn't get a proper ride.
be water my friend
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Glider? I've never been in one.
I reckon your boss has a better sense of business than me. I'd probably had to read to him from the book. Well, once I pulled the seat cushion out of my butt.[emoji16]

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Not a fan of gliders, stick feels like it’s in a garbage can of mud. Pull back....wait... push forward....wait. Besides the wind noise it is quiet but you always have that feeling of being on the edge, ready to fall off. Not a fan. With an engine at least you can add throttle.

Course I don’t like sailboats either... maybe I just like having an engine.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Got up today, still sore. Took the clothes basket to the basement for the wife, one step at a time. Still hurts to bend my leg. Got back upstairs and she asks me to take two bags of clothes to the truck for the needy bin. I said just throw it in the garbage, I’m not walking out to the truck and dropping clothes off in a bin.
She said “there’s poor starving people who don’t have any clothes “.
I said “if your clothes fit, they ain’t starving “.

I hurt all over now.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

SassyFrass I used to do 3 touch and go's off 1 tow up in that old bird.
goinbroke2 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:04 am Not a fan of gliders, stick feels like it’s in a garbage can of mud. Pull back....wait... push forward....wait. Besides the wind noise it is quiet but you always have that feeling of being on the edge, ready to fall off. Not a fan. With an engine at least you can add throttle.

Course I don’t like sailboats either... maybe I just like having an engine.
Iv'e never had that problem it sounds like you needed a better A&P mechanic. :clap:

Course I love sailboats too. have owned at least a half dozen racing and class boats.

don't get me wrong I love high HP ground pounders, and owned several

I once told some tree hugger Richard (sic) that it was my destiny to burn the last

drop of dinosaur juice on the planet, and he could suck a muddy Birkenstock. :!: :!: :sarcasm:
be water my friend