The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HDNB
Site Mod

Re: The liar's bench

Post by HDNB »

Setsumi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:15 pm That wil never happen to my daughter... you see we never get much snow in South Africa.
ha. i guess not.
we get a ton of the stuff...sometimes only a couple feet over the winter sometimes a lot more....my inlaws live in a place on the west coast (the area in Canada that recently flooded badly) and the average winter snowfall for the area is 19 feet! good thing they be retired, thats a lot of shoveling just so your car is not crushed by a glacier!

we don't have much in the way of poisonous animals, tidal waves, earthquakes, tornadoes and hurricanes though, so i guess there's that.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Setsumi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:15 pm That wil never happen to my daughter... you see we never get much snow in South Africa.
Then I wonder: what does your daughter follow?
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

southern people are funny about snow. Fascinated by it i'd wager.

a couple years ago i was visiting Arizona and had to make the obligatory trip to the south rim of the grand canyon. (lot of people don't realize the canyon is high country, not low (7000 ft elevation))

as i drove up, up, up from phoenix and got into the snow belt that elevation brings there were signs on the side of the road that instruct people "do not stop on the road and play in the snow"

seemed like sound advice, but honestly, you don't need to tell (most) Canadians that.

now i drink for evil.
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

Kareltje wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:47 pm
Then I wonder: what does your daughter follow?
Probably the guy delivering post on the bicycle.... boy will she be in trouble. Our post office service and delivery is non operational.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Well , FUCK ! SOH in retirement ain't working all that well for me .
Had my routine of quiet days surfing the net or whatever else I had to do all day long in QUIET . Piss the dog a couple of times and let the calico cat in or out according to her whim . She doesn't like humans ; just considers them convenient wait staff . Pet her 3 strokes is ok . Go for a fourth and get the shit clawed out of you and bit a time or two if you aren't quick . I kind of admire her style .
So ,now , I get up to constant chatter all day . Laments that the cat she drug in won't cuddle , my sister is a cunt (I agree on that) yada . yada , yada .......
So , yesterday , she goes off to a blanket weaving class for the day and I got quiet back for the day . Happy quiet day ... Till evening when she returns with a little black furball about the size of my fist that likes to cuddle with her . Calico doesn't like it , dog is jealous of the diverted attention and keeps coming to me for reassurance If she's on her way to "Crazy Cat Lady" , I'm on my way to the divorce lawyer .
Rant off .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bryan1
Swill Maker

Post by Bryan1 »

Get double vaccinated then have a virus that stands you like your death warmed up well thats our family and no joke this high bourn virus is one beauty to knock a man down. Go and get tested only to say there is nothing wrong with you and no you don't have covid so I ask well what the F is this and they said why should I care
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Well , the new kitten is working better than I expected . Little black fur ball is kind of cute and very loving . Dog is starting to tolerate him . The calico cat would like to tear him a new asshole . Such is the good life here today .
How's by you ?
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

“ How's by you”
Well, hell, weather’s moderated so I can stand the shed. Reloaded 9mm yesterday and reset for 5.56 tomorrow. Got a so-so deal on good honey for mead today. God willin’ and the creek don’t rise, there’ll be food on the table and friends at the door.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Yonder wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:07 pm “ How's by you”
Well, hell, weather’s moderated so I can stand the shed. Reloaded 9mm yesterday and reset for 5.56 tomorrow. Got a so-so deal on good honey for mead today. God willin’ and the creek don’t rise, there’ll be food on the table and friends at the door.
'Bout all a man could ask for .
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Yonder is living high on the hog. Flaunting that he has primers. :)
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

subbrew wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:31 am Yonder is living high on the hog. Flaunting that he has primers. :)
:wink:
Bought ‘em quite a while ago in 1000 lot boxes. Still have a couple left. Now, ball, well, that’s a whole different matter. Might scarce. They tole me we import the damned lead from China or some damned place. God alone knows why.
stillanoob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stillanoob »

I have a Remington 550-1 .22 rifle that I have since I was a kid, some 40 odd years. What with all the childhood abuse it had a broken stock that had been repaired a few times. About 15 years ago the stock finally gave up the ghost and the rifle sat unused. About 2 weeks ago I got a hair up about it and found a really nice walnut stock for it. It came and it fits like a glove. All I had to do was mount the trigger guard. Gave it a good cleaning and oiling then just went and popped off a box. Shoots just as straight as when I was a kid. Except now I can't see sh!t without my glasses. I've always like .22s for general plinking and it sure was great to spend some time with my old friend.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Yonder wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:05 pm
subbrew wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:31 am Yonder is living high on the hog. Flaunting that he has primers. :)
:wink:
Bought ‘em quite a while ago in 1000 lot boxes. Still have a couple left. Now, ball, well, that’s a whole different matter. Might scarce. They tole me we import the damned lead from China or some damned place. God alone knows why.
Because the goobermint banned lead mining in the US.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

stillanoob wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:55 pm I have a Remington 550-1 .22 rifle that I have since I was a kid, some 40 odd years. What with all the childhood abuse it had a broken stock that had been repaired a few times. About 15 years ago the stock finally gave up the ghost and the rifle sat unused. About 2 weeks ago I got a hair up about it and found a really nice walnut stock for it. It came and it fits like a glove. All I had to do was mount the trigger guard. Gave it a good cleaning and oiling then just went and popped off a box. Shoots just as straight as when I was a kid. Except now I can't see sh!t without my glasses. I've always like .22s for general plinking and it sure was great to spend some time with my old friend.
I love it. I’ve taught my grandkids to shoot with a Mossberg .22 single shot bolt. Dad bought it for me from Ace hardware when I was 12. Won’t swear to it but he paid less than $30. Last year I rebuilt, reblued, and restocked the old man’s 300 Savage Remington. Hell, the scope alone cost more ‘n the original gun. But he loved it. A tribute gun in his memory. Zeroed it, let my grandson run 20 rounds thru it and will probably never fire another round. But, who knows. :cry:
I live in Texas and you gotta pay to hunt here, unlike the East. Maybe someday I’ll get rich.
stillanoob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stillanoob »

Yonder wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:39 pm
stillanoob wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:55 pm I have a Remington 550-1 .22 rifle that I have since I was a kid, some 40 odd years. What with all the childhood abuse it had a broken stock that had been repaired a few times. About 15 years ago the stock finally gave up the ghost and the rifle sat unused. About 2 weeks ago I got a hair up about it and found a really nice walnut stock for it. It came and it fits like a glove. All I had to do was mount the trigger guard. Gave it a good cleaning and oiling then just went and popped off a box. Shoots just as straight as when I was a kid. Except now I can't see sh!t without my glasses. I've always like .22s for general plinking and it sure was great to spend some time with my old friend.
I love it. I’ve taught my grandkids to shoot with a Mossberg .22 single shot bolt. Dad bought it for me from Ace hardware when I was 12. Won’t swear to it but he paid less than $30. Last year I rebuilt, reblued, and restocked the old man’s 300 Savage Remington. Hell, the scope alone cost more ‘n the original gun. But he loved it. A tribute gun in his memory. Zeroed it, let my grandson run 20 rounds thru it and will probably never fire another round. But, who knows. :cry:
I live in Texas and you gotta pay to hunt here, unlike the East. Maybe someday I’ll get rich.
Grandkids here not quite a shooting age but close. That is one of the reasons I got around to fixing it. I have an old Colt .22 revolver that will be good for that too.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Got 4 kids and 7 grandkids . All hunters and shooters . They are going to get a windfall picking and choosing from 'Pap's' gun safe when he passes .
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Got in a grumpy mood the other day an jumped on SWMBO about cleaning an dustin’. Said something about Lawrence of Arabia, if I recall. Well, she looked right at me and said dust to dust, ole’ man. I don’t know who i’d be disturbing and it might be someone important.
Sigh. Guess iI need to think these things through.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

Aint stopped by in a bit due to some ongoing medical stuff. But I reckon it'll all work out eventually. Figured I'd stop by and wish yall a Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year. Hope all have a great one. Plus I figured I'd drop off this jug of persimmon brandy for yall to sip on.
SF
Do yall know why Santa is so jolly?
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

I suspect Santa is Jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I asked Santa for his bad girls list for Christmas . MERRY CHRISTMAS , Y'ALL .
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

Folks been trying to get that list for years. Aint none of us seen it yet. Old feller ain't sharing with anyone but the elves.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

SassyFrass wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:40 pm Folks been trying to get that list for years. Aint none of us seen it yet. Old feller ain't sharing with anyone but the elves.
SF
Why the hell you think they run around happy all year and make all them toys for free? They're all high on stink finger.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Deplorable wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:47 pm
SassyFrass wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:40 pm Folks been trying to get that list for years. Aint none of us seen it yet. Old feller ain't sharing with anyone but the elves.
SF
Why the hell you think they run around happy all year and make all them toys for free? They're all high on stink finger.
Never thought of it from that perspective . Makes sense to me .
stillanoob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stillanoob »

Two in the pink and one in the stink. Or is that the other way around? Anyway...

Been playing with my .22 I was talking about above. Firing great. I finally got around to looking up the stamp to date it and by golly it was made in January of 1949! I didn't think it was that old. I bought it without my parents knowledge in about 1975. I think I laid out the princely sum of $20 for it. Boy was that a good purchase!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

My son was gifted a Winchester Model 62A .22LR . Took me a week of scrubbing to clean that neglected rifle up . It's a tack driver now .
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Finest gifts are like that,TB. From the heart.
stillanoob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stillanoob »

Truckinbutch wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:21 pm My son was gifted a Winchester Model 62A .22LR . Took me a week of scrubbing to clean that neglected rifle up . It's a tack driver now .
Nice! I always liked those but never had one. What year?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

1936 . 80% finish . Just never been cleaned for ages .
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

20220102_072910.jpg
Big expetations for 2022. Now let me go sharpen my knife, soon i will make some bushbuck biltong.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

went to the bar last night for a beer and was chatting with the guy sitting next to me.
"My place got broken into last night" he says, making me think he's looking for someone to buy him a pity beer.

"oh man, that's sucks!" I told him. "did he get anything?"

"Sure did" He replied. "Busted Jaw, 3 broken teeth and a dislocated shoulder!"

I was like "damn Bro...."

he says "yeah, my wife thought it was me coming in drunk."

now i drink for evil.