The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: The liar's bench

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well, while I do subscribe to the “happy wife, happy life” doctrine, I’m more into “slightly pissed off wife, exciting life” theory.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

goinbroke2 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:31 am Well, while I do subscribe to the “happy wife, happy life” doctrine, I’m more into “slightly pissed off wife, exciting life” theory.
not afraid to poke the bear huh?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

Very fine line between slightly pissed off wife and the erupting volcano of a SWMBO.
And dont forget, they remember EVERYTHING. And not the way you remember it either.
JMO
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Meh, heard her and her friend talking the other day having a few drinks. Her friend asked if when she met me, she was into good guys or bad boys.
She said neither, she was into taco’s and bondage.
I burst out laughing and they both yelled from the kitchen about me eves dropping.

So, yeah, it’s a “special” relationship we have I guess, poking the bear is fun, it’s knowing the limit or when to stop that I’m still working on.

One day it’s everything can be joked about and the next, out of the blue, her dead grandmother if off limits... strange girl.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

One of her friends called me trash once, I told her that doesn’t mean I can’t do great things.
I said it’s a “trashCAN” not a “trashCANNOT”

She still doesn’t like me though, I think it’s because I have a better moustache. Well at least in my opinion, she wouldn’t answer.
jward
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jward »

goinbroke2 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:54 am <photo of coffee mug saying trophy wife missing>
What say ye? An insult or a compliment (as I intended)??
Trophy Wife is an OK joke among most of my friends but occasionally someone reacts like your wife did.

Sometimes I introduce my one and only wife as "my first wife". :wink:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

“My first wife” hehehe, oh I’m gonna use that! Lol!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jward wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 am
goinbroke2 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:54 am <photo of coffee mug saying trophy wife missing>
What say ye? An insult or a compliment (as I intended)??
Trophy Wife is an OK joke among most of my friends but occasionally someone reacts like your wife did.

Sometimes I introduce my one and only wife as "my first wife". :wink:
I introduce SOH as second and last wife as well as best wife .
Raises eyebrows at family gatherings when wife #1 has the nerve to show up .
35 years post divorce and the dumb bitch still uses my last name and is still single . Bet that thing done growed shut .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I prolly shouldn't have said that .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Bwahahaha!

“Was that my outside voice? Lol
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Truckinbutch wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:25 pm I prolly shouldn't have said that .
Ha! But you just couldn't help it could you! :D I heard a story from a friend of mine about men poking at women to see what happens. Well it turns out she was military and he poked a bit too hard. From what I heard he wound up with a black eye. When I asked my friend if the fella learned anything he said. Well sir, a person should never mess with an angry cat!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Forgive me , Corene . I can find no quarter for that woman when she is still so bitter and shriveled after all these years . I got the prize with SOH . 30+ years together and she helped me raise those kids when I got custody of them .
Judge thought she was batshit crazy too .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

We lost Suzie's old dog Poddy tonight, old fella followed her down the chook yard but he didn't make it back. Looks like he stopped for a rest and kinda never got up, he woulda been 17 come August.
Poddy
Poddy
Last edited by thecroweater on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Raising one to Poddy , Suzie and you Crow .
Almost 17’s a long time .

Get the spade out and make a decent Cross Crow .
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Sorry to hear that Crow....Cyber hug coming that way for Suze. Its hard loosing a dog you have had for a short time...........a long time just makes it worse.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Sorry, Crow. I'm just starting coffee this morning, but I'll be sure to raise a glass later in honor of Poddy. Our previous dog was with us for 14 years, and it's hard to overstate how important they become in that amount of time.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Become a member of the family, really.
I do not have a dog, but there are some that come to stay with me for a few days or weeks and even then I feel an empty space when they are gone.
RC Al
Swill Maker

Post by RC Al »

Sorry mate

Nothing like the unconditional love of a dog
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Sorry , mate . At least , your dog went down on the job .
Jaye and I had to make the decision to put down our 17yr old Aussie when her senility made her behavior unacceptable .
Good dogs become family very quickly . Even moggies begin to tolerate humans in time .
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

sorry to hear Crow, raising a glass to you and yours
be water my friend
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Sorry to hear Crow. I know exactly how you're feeling.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

We had to put down 1 of our Great Pyranees dogs. He was either hit by coyotes, a bear, or 1 of the bigger cats. Vet couldn't tell from his wounds which predator got him. But he was doing his job and protecting his stock. Funny thing, its winter, so common sense says bears should be hibernating and scientist say no big cats left in this part of Appalachia. But, apparently the big cats and the bears didnt get the word because they are all over the trail cams from folks around me.
SF

HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Man that's awful, sorry to hear your loss. Great Pyranees would have been a fight for any critter. You even got bears big enough?
"they" tell the public the same thing here but the game wardens talk and as the people that actually know, they're tracking 1/2 dozen Blacks a few cougars and a pack of wolves, all around the county.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

i lost my parrot yesterday, an african grey. actually it was not my parrot. neighbors moved away about 12 years ago and asked me to look after it for a while.... he used to say... Riana, bly stil Ek praat nou... in english Riana [wife's name] shut up I am talking now... oh she hated that. stupid bird only ate sun flower seed and i think that killed him... if i scolded him on the seed he would go, pa kom ons braai... or dad lets barbeque... stupid bird, laid him to rest in a soft green spot.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Setsumi, we also have an African grey. He was my mom's and came to us when she passed in 2015. Hes approximately 45 y/o and has a massive vocabulary. Our "farm" is a menagerie. Got the stock but I'm not allowed to eat anything that the wife names. Which is everything that shows up. Got 5 more adult pyrs and 12 puppies, 2 litters of 6 each. Had a stray chicken show up last year. So the SOH got some more so ruby wouldnt be lonely. Now we got more eggs than we know what to do with. Goats, cows etc...
Yep, bears and mountain lions in the Appalachian mountains...who'd a thunk it.
SF

thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Some birds can live a long time, particularly cockatoos and the like. My Grandpa's grandparents were both born in the early 1820s, she died in the 1870s ( bowel cancer in believe) and he died a very old man in 1915. The point is they owned a cockatoo and after they passed away the bird whent to their kids and then to the grand kids and then great grandchildren and was being looked after by a great great grandchild before passing away. This bird out lived two full generations of a family and darn near 3 .
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

I was over at a friends place last night having a drink and the 6yo was crying and going on because she wanted to wear this little princess tiera. Her mother was “you have to learn to share”
Couldn’t stand the crying so I said “Amanda, you’re 35, just give it back”!

Some parents...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

I was in the garage working on the truck, just getting the new one ton axles lined up so I can start fabricating brackets and the girlfriend starts complaining that I’m spending all my time in the garage.
I said “you’re starting to sound just like the wife”

Don’t understand women, seem awful needy..
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Cold weather and snow sucks....
Here’s some pictures of what I’ve been accumulating for my off road truck.

I got a pair of 03 f350 superduty axles and a set of 39x13x17 tires.
Pic is buddy of mine holding the tire up against his stock 91 ranger.
71708C94-E0A2-47D7-9518-CF770B1E99CD.jpeg
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Here’s the pic of the axles in the back of my truck on the way home.(after resizing, lol)

CED93F0E-5A45-4033-9F7B-4737C72C8D2B.jpeg