The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The liar's bench

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

corene1 wrote:That all sounds pretty complicated. My Dad just reached down and wrung their necks and I had to dip them in hot water and do the plucking.

I still remember that dam smell.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Hot wet feathers...yum !
Getting hung up all day on smiles
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

Well, we were doing it for supper, not for profit, speed wasn't a necessity.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Started a Prepper's post...http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=69065... Let the fun and games begin !
Last edited by kiwi Bruce on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Appalachia-Shiner wrote:
corene1 wrote:That all sounds pretty complicated. My Dad just reached down and wrung their necks and I had to dip them in hot water and do the plucking.

I still remember that dam smell.
Yes sir, it is unmistakable. That is for sure!
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

kiwi Bruce wrote:Started a Prepper's post...http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=69065... Let the fun and games begin !
No I didn't...well I did but I think it's been taken down...and I didn't think it was that radical !

No...it's still there !
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I think it has a second chance . Let's see how it fares .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Here we are at the last day of the year . I'm going to leave a quart of SRD's peach here at 'The Bench' . He ain't had no time for himself or his family much . 12 to 16 hours a day for damn near a year now and no relief in sight as long as the economy stays strong and the coal fired power stations keep being refurbished .
Anyhow ; early in the morning , my oldest grandson and I are going to fire a brush heap nearly the size of my house over in the holler in the edge of the yard . When it gets burned down to a safe level we are going to go coyote hunting about 3 sets .
New Year's Eve will be spent rolling in the fire with the tractor and enjoying life . Counting our blessings .
Come sit by the fire this coming evening if you are of a mind to . We got a 'Bench' here .
Been signed , too .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

OOOweee... Just won $12,000 on a lotto ticket. Time to put this stillin' thing into hi gear... soon I'll have enough alcohol to get the whole town drunk...
EEEEha... https://youtu.be/9SfyObUd5e8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

MaxMondo wrote:OOOweee... Just won $12,000 on a lotto ticket. Time to put this stillin' thing into hi gear... soon I'll have enough alcohol to get the whole town drunk...
EEEEha... https://youtu.be/9SfyObUd5e8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Really good luck!

Geoff
The Baker
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Where that quart of peach gone? Could use me a swaller of something now. Damn near gone crazy. Worst thing bout living on an island is waiting on a ferry boat to get anywhere. Been sittin here in my truck for 4 damn days doin nothing. Ferry boat tied up due to bad weather. Don't look like we gettin anywhere tomorrow either. /End rant, y'all be good now, and like my father used to say if ya can't be good, be careful.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2228311 ... 552022891/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I GOD , Flatwoods ! You'd bring up something like that amongst these gentle folk . They might not understand .
I remember the first time I seed one when I was a youngster .
Me and this older gal hiked to a wild apple orchard to gather some apples .
The deers had done ate all the windfalls and I was too short to cotch a limb and shinny the tree .
So I given her a boost enough to cotch a limb and shinny up enough to shake some out for us to fill our croaker sack .
When she cotched that first limb and come off my shoulders I looked up and was starin directly up under her shift and I asked her ,
"What's that ?"
"That's my wampus cat ."
I'm here to tell ya that that thing plumb scared the hell out of me ! It had shit in one eye and blood in the other and one eyebrow that could have shamed UMW President John L Lewis .
I didn't stick around long enough to see what the teeth looked like .
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Good thing TB that it didnt show you those teeth! Believe me, once sunk in with a vengence it is similiar to "hell hath no fury like a pissed woman!" and has eaten many a man. Never the same once mauled upon are any men attacked by the lothesome wompus cat!
Flatwoods
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ga flatwoods wrote:Good thing TB that it didnt show you those teeth! Believe me, once sunk in with a vengence it is similiar to "hell hath no fury like a pissed woman!" and has eaten many a man. Never the same once mauled upon are any men attacked by the lothesome wompus cat!
Flatwoods
You sure right about that for them young kids .
I found out through trial and error that if you could just find the perfect way to pet and stroke one they will settle right down .
Why , HELL ! They gentle down almost as much as a blind rattlersnake during a thunderstorm and that's a major improvement !
Evenso , it's always going to be a rocky ride .
I trucked across Arkeesaw many a time . I can handle it .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Well , Damnit ! The calm before the storm .
Have a horn on me and give one over to Jed .
Me and the 2 dogs had 4 days of peace and quiet . Shipped SOH off to the Florida Keys for a vacation that she thoroughly enjoyed .
Dogs and I did right well alone for the entire time .
Today , in anticipation of her return , I busted my ass :
Washed every dirty dish , vacuumed the carpets , mopped the hardwood floors . Even showered and put my teeth in .
I mean , we wanted to welcome her back home like she was really missed . And she was .................. Somewhat .
And just about 20 minutes before she got home ; Jed called .
We as having a good visit and talking about the nature of dogs and how they channel people . And how mine already knew that 'Mommy' was headed home .
And she was ........
Jed heard the dogs go off and said ,
"Mommy's home."
And she was . And while I was trying to maintain a conversation with Jed I ran 2 dogs back enough for her to get through the door before she got mobbed by them .
That's where it all went to shit ! Well as I had maintained things while she was off following her dreams I guess that I was supposed to jump her ass just like the dogs when she graced our home with her presence instead of finishing a phone conversation with my friend Jed .
Sorry for the embarrassing end to the conversation , my friend .
I don't expect our next conversation to end in the same manner .
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

I understand women 100% and can explain:
(cosα − cosβ)2 + (sinα − sinβ)2 = (cos(α − β) − 1)2 + (sin(α − β) − 0)2 cos2 α − 2cosαcosβ + cos2 β + sin2 α − 2sinαsinβ + sin2 β = cos2(α − β) − 2cos(α − β) + 1 + sin2(α − β) (cos2 α + sin2 α) − 2(cosαcosβ + sinαsinβ) + (cos2 β + sin2 β)
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

fizzix wrote:I understand women 100% and can explain:
(cosα − cosβ)2 + (sinα − sinβ)2 = (cos(α − β) − 1)2 + (sin(α − β) − 0)2 cos2 α − 2cosαcosβ + cos2 β + sin2 α − 2sinαsinβ + sin2 β = cos2(α − β) − 2cos(α − β) + 1 + sin2(α − β) (cos2 α + sin2 α) − 2(cosαcosβ + sinαsinβ) + (cos2 β + sin2 β)
I can do a lot of things but understanding the mind of a woman aint one of them...
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

fizzix wrote:I understand women 100% and can explain:
I think you don't know shit from shinola . Mebbie don't even know what shinola is .
No offence intended . In SOH's defense she has witnessed Jed and I marathoning a likker lubricated conversation to 4 hours at a fuel consumption rate of over a half pint to the hour .
Anyhow , we hit the reset button and everything is cool , again ....
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

piss off a woman.jpg
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Ain't that the damn truth.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

TB at your age you should have been smarter than that. Perhaps at your age you are well beyond giving a shit!
Flatwoods
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Well fellers, if you ever get in a pinch and can't quite figgur it out just let me know and I will give it a think or two and maybe get you headin in the proper dirrection to keep you out of the doghouse. On the other hand We women folk like to stick together, so advice should be taken with a grain of salt. You know you are special if we give you a bunch of grief it's when we are quiet that you need to worry!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Women...can't live with them, can't sell them for parts....

wait...was that my outside voice?
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

On another topic.. got a bunch of sugar on sale from the restaurant supply place during Christmas break. Been running batches since. Need more carboys, finished last run and topped off the neutral one and filled two one gallon jugs and 4 quarts. Can't leave it in the quarts or gallon jugs so I need another carboy. So that's about 7 gallons of neutral, 5 gal of whisky and about 3 gallons of stuff I'll run again. (edit: and about 2 gal of feigns)
Still have about 12 pounds of barley left too. Did I mention I got a grain mill for Christmas?

anyway,

That is all....
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

goinbroke2 wrote:Women...can't live with them, can't sell them for parts....

Well I have heard of some that do a bit of tradin but you might get you fanny chewed when you ask so beware! Then again you might be the one gettin traded.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

It's a two way street . SOH and I was disussin that very thing this evening .
We got over 30 years together and she still doesn't have me totally housebroke . She considers this a benefit because I'm a 'work in progress' .
I figure that it's a benefit because it gives me reason to make more and drink more .
Detente ...........
Those that have been here seem to have enjoyed our banter .
Ya never go totally wrong if ya take time every day to hug your Lady . That's how I roll .
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

corene1 wrote:
goinbroke2 wrote:Women...can't live with them, can't sell them for parts....

Well I have heard of some that do a bit of tradin but you might get you fanny chewed when you ask so beware! Then again you might be the one gettin traded.
Well that proves, as if you didn't all know, that corene is not Australian!

Here, gentlemen do not have fannies, it's a girl thing.

Geoff
The Baker
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt !
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Anyone not familiar with the saying...Bob's your uncle

it's the same as saying everything is Hunky dory