The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: The liar's bench

Post by goinbroke2 »

Here’s my mud truck, a 91 ranger on 35’s and welded diffs etc called “stumpy swamp donkey” ( notice shreks donkey on the door?) lol.
Once I put one ton axles and 39’s on it, THEN I’ll be done....😂
1687C872-95FE-425D-BCC2-107B1848A5B1.jpeg
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Hello.... is this thing on???

Frigging kids, I was fighting with the computer, trying to get the wifi or Bluetooth or whatever the heck to work so I could print from the printer downstairs. After about 10 minutes of yelling the kid comes by and laughs at me. “ oh dad, this is so simple, you old people, hahaha”

I said “ listen you little shit, I had to teach you how to use a spoon, so kiss my ass”
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

I’ve been cooking stuff after watching YouTube, there’s a million cool recipes on there. Having a drink with a buddy I asked if he wanted some “Cuban veggie something “ and he was sure. So I made it, it was good. Then he says he knows something that goes with beer... I’m like, we’re drinking whisky!
He grabs some beer from downstairs and starts putting stuff together.
“What are you making “?
“Just wait”
“What’s that”?
“Just wait”
“4 Eggs”?
“WAIT dammit! Go sit over there”

So I wait, he’s all done and they’re these pretzel like things but with garlic and something. Really good with beer.
“So, what’s in this, I can taste garlic...”
“Can’t tell you, family secret”

“Mike, your family doesn’t live off these and you fooled around on your wife twice, what the fuck family secrets are you babbling about, is it cinnamon or not”!!!

Some people...
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

My computer stopped receiving e-mails.
Kept asking for a password then not accepting the one I gave it.
Okay, wrong password?
My grandson who works in IT checked it out.
Password was NOT the problem; yahoo had made a change in their security set-up!

Geoff
The Baker
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Had a couple over tonight, don’t know them real well, they’re the wife’s friends. Anyway, we’re yakking about something and I gave a sarcastic comment to the wife, the guy looks at me and says “sarcasm won’t get you anywhere “
I said “well it got me third place in the world sarcasm nationals in Paraguay in 2018”
He went all wide eyed, “really”??

“No”

His wife snickered but he almost looked offended. I thought if that upset you cupcake, watch this!...

Wife came in and stopped me by changing the subject and saying we need more likker from the basement. I think his wife got my humour but the guys a dud. For example, I asked if he wanted a drink, he said yes. No please or even what he wanted, I was going to load some neutral with hot sauce but I did that before to a guy and the wife caught me this time. So I gave him a whisky and seven. I asked if he wanted an umbrella in it to celebrate national umbrella day. He said “sure”... again the wife stepped in.

Where does she find these people and why does she bring them home??
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

goinbroke2 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:02 pm Had a couple over tonight, don’t know them real well, they’re the wife’s friends. Anyway, we’re yakking about something and I gave a sarcastic comment to the wife, the guy looks at me and says “sarcasm won’t get you anywhere “
I said “well it got me third place in the world sarcasm nationals in Paraguay in 2018”
He went all wide eyed, “really”??

“No”

His wife snickered but he almost looked offended. I thought if that upset you cupcake, watch this!...

Wife came in and stopped me by changing the subject and saying we need more likker from the basement. I think his wife got my humour but the guys a dud. For example, I asked if he wanted a drink, he said yes. No please or even what he wanted, I was going to load some neutral with hot sauce but I did that before to a guy and the wife caught me this time. So I gave him a whisky and seven. I asked if he wanted an umbrella in it to celebrate national umbrella day. He said “sure”... again the wife stepped in.

Where does she find these people and why does she bring them home??
urg, i hear you. wife has a friend. she and her son likes wiskey with coke.... always trying to spunch. i dont waste my wiskey on guys that drink it with coala. they get the feints.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well this is bizarre, I picked up the mail and apparently I still owe Columbia house for the 30 cassettes I got for 1cent each in 1985.

Pretty sure I paid it but damn, ya gotta love their tenacity!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Ok, where the heck is everybody? The bottle under the bench is empty, the one behind the bush is empty...
I brought a pint of “walking around whisky” so I guess I’ll leave that under the bench. Never thought to bring refills.
I’m taking the empty bottles with me by the way, I’ll fill them and return.

Dang, not even the birds are making a sound...pretty dang quiet.

Did I miss the apocalypse and nobody told me???

Hello.....

Is this thing on??
CoogeeBoy
Rumrunner

Post by CoogeeBoy »

goinbroke2 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:38 am Ok, where the heck is everybody? The bottle under the bench is empty, the one behind the bush is empty...
I brought a pint of “walking around whisky” so I guess I’ll leave that under the bench. Never thought to bring refills.
I’m taking the empty bottles with me by the way, I’ll fill them and return.

Dang, not even the birds are making a sound...pretty dang quiet.

Did I miss the apocalypse and nobody told me???

Hello.....

Is this thing on??

I suppose every one is too busy making things!
Taking a break while I get a new still completed....
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

B18D04A7-0902-44C5-9ED2-4DEED4CC4633.jpeg
You know, maybe if I had a daughter instead of two boys I’d feel a bit more sympathetic in times of...delicacy.

All I could do was laugh as my wife was freaking out in horror. My son was playing with his VR system and brought his chin down on top a desk driving his front tooth clearly through his lower lip. He ran upstairs yelling “I dwovemytoothfwoomywip”!!!!

I saw the white and burst out laughing!

Check this out, this is after I pulled his lip down and pulled the tooth out
CoogeeBoy
Rumrunner

Post by CoogeeBoy »

goinbroke2 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:27 pm B18D04A7-0902-44C5-9ED2-4DEED4CC4633.jpegYou know, maybe if I had a daughter instead of two boys I’d feel a bit more sympathetic in times of...delicacy.

All I could do was laugh as my wife was freaking out in horror. My son was playing with his VR system and brought his chin down on top a desk driving his front tooth clearly through his lower lip. He ran upstairs yelling “I dwovemytoothfwoomywip”!!!!

I saw the white and burst out laughing!

Check this out, this is after I pulled his lip down and pulled the tooth out
Fangs for the memories!
:lol:
Taking a break while I get a new still completed....
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

That was virtually shocking. It’s amazingly real. I now fly only virtually and one day I was toodling along in a 172 and my controller was getting in my way. So, naturally, I took it off, reached out set it on the copilots seat. Damn. New controllers are expensive. :problem:
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Lol, I could see that. I only use it when he says hey, check this out.
Him and his girlfriend are both Into VR.

You can get a program to fly a plane eh? Sounds interesting. I’d fly a 767 or something big, then I could take off and then put it on autopilot and go work in the garage for 4-6 hrs as I fly from Canada to Europe. Lol!!
River Rat
Swill Maker

Post by River Rat »

I found a '92 Dodge W-250, 5.9 cummins, no rust, etc. Gem of a truck. Flew to Wyoming and drove it 26 hours back home. A few weeks later I took it to the parts house to pick up some things for it. The guy working the counter at Napa (who I know and love) says "You know those trucks are wider than any other pickup ever made, 4 men can sit up front in the bench seat."
Now I haven't researched dimensions on every pickup truck ever made, but I do know 4 grown ass men would be very uncomfortable in that bench seat.
He was completely serious. It's OK though. He sure is a good parts man.
Plain ole pot rig.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Lol, never heard that one before.

Funny stuff some people say
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

We had all our manufacturing shut down here and was swamped with Asian imports claiming seating numbers that makes you think of the TARDIS , I think it starts with the first two in the glove box
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Taking the kid to work this morning he wanted a breakfast meal from Mac Donald’s. I was like, it would be free if you made breakfast at home right? But no he wanted a sausage McMuffin.
Fine.
We pulled up and the girl asked what she could get me,
“Whisky please”
“Sir, this is Mac Donald’s “
“Ok, gimme a mcwhisky please”

Kids like “dad, seriously, stop”

So then I really had to embarrass him!
I asked her “hey, are you into old, fat, greying bald guys”?
She burst out laughing and said no so I said “I guess we’ll just have a sausage McMuffin then please.”
She was still laughing when we pulled around.

Someone in behind her I couldn’t see but heard said “I knew it was him, hahaha”
Humour, some get it...

Kid said he’s never going through a drive through with me again, EVER!
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

Just bought the daughter her first car I cant stop worrying about her crashing
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

3 girls reached maturity with a couple minor speeding tickets an one or two 'whiskey blisters'.
Went to recover my youngest son from his 3'rd major crash and he asked me if I thought the cops would give him a traffic ticket .
I looked over the scuffs on the banks , the skid marks on the asphalt , and the total loss of a reasonablely good vehicle and replied : "No , SON . But the FAA may want to charge you with flying below legal ceiling ."
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

Durhommer wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:01 am Just bought the daughter her first car I cant stop worrying about her crashing
i hear you. daughter went to a friend on a small holding. group of students living there. next morning i see the drivers side met up with a serious bush. asked her what happened. turned out she let one of the students move her car.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

My youngest ran in the house the other night saying he put the car off the road AGAIN, but it wasn’t his fault, he was only going 40km’s (the speed limit on the lake) it was icy, the abs stop working , the.... I said stop, couple weeks ago he hit the snow bank and knocked the driving light bezel out that I had to fix and now you’re off the road in again. You’re driving too fast on the lake roads. I took my truck to tow him out, he was about 100ft from our driveway, straight off and was straddling the snow bank all four wheels off the ground. Well, my 2wd pickup won’t pull that. Backed up and got the wife’s mud truck and went up and pulled it out. No damage but if he would of cleared the snowbank it’s a Deep enough drop he would of rolled it on its side or roof. I’ll take a picture, it’s been warm and the snow is clearing but it’s obvious where he went in. Poor car is beat to hell for a 2011. Oldest bought it and drove it like he stole it for 2 years. Made a $10,000 car a $500 beater. Damn shame, it just went past 120,000kms
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well it’s +2 this morning and misty/raining. Snow has dropped significantly since even last night. Took the dog for a walk and here’s the pictures.
Ok, after resizing down so much you can’t even see anything.... I’ll try this one last picture then I’m giving up
89DB3D2B-2E1F-4174-A172-CCBD72A9E2A6.jpeg
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

That bank was high enough to get all four wheels off the ground a couple days ago.

What I’ve found is boys and girls are exact same driving as they are growing up. The boys destroy the place and the girls are all drama. Boys crash the cars from being too rough or pushing the envelope and girls cause accidents by being too timid or overly dramatic. A generalization for sure and there are exceptions, but my buddies 19 year old daughter has caused 4 accidents so far but has never been in one. One time on the highway she decided to turn into a gas station, on a highway, she came to a stop and put her right blinker on then turned in(the massive entrance that you wheel in at 40 mph) she heard tires screeching but ignored it. By the time she got to the pump there was a 3 car pile up as one car behind her jammed on the brakes and got rear ended and the car behind that one hit the second car. His wife who was in the car with her freaked out and said she caused the accident, nope, cops got there and said the guy who jammed on the brakes blocked the road causing the accident. The person who rear ended him was charged with tailgating or driving to close for the speed.
So if you’re concerned with your daughters driving, I’d ensure she uses her mirrors any time she touches the brake pedal. I did the same with my boys so they’ll never cause an accident that way, I just got to get them to lift the skinny pedal so they don’t cause accidents that way.

I guess one final thing, is she driving a new car or a beater? Every new driver will have some minor scuff, pull to close to the house, back into the lawn mower, better they do it in a beater or older car than a new one.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

goinbroke2 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:36 am That bank was high enough to get all four wheels off the ground a couple days ago.

What I’ve found is boys and girls are exact same driving as they are growing up. The boys destroy the place and the girls are all drama. Boys crash the cars from being too rough or pushing the envelope and girls cause accidents by being too timid or overly dramatic. A generalization for sure and there are exceptions, but my buddies 19 year old daughter has caused 4 accidents so far but has never been in one. One time on the highway she decided to turn into a gas station, on a highway, she came to a stop and put her right blinker on then turned in(the massive entrance that you wheel in at 40 mph) she heard tires screeching but ignored it. By the time she got to the pump there was a 3 car pile up as one car behind her jammed on the brakes and got rear ended and the car behind that one hit the second car. His wife who was in the car with her freaked out and said she caused the accident, nope, cops got there and said the guy who jammed on the brakes blocked the road causing the accident. The person who rear ended him was charged with tailgating or driving to close for the speed.
So if you’re concerned with your daughters driving, I’d ensure she uses her mirrors any time she touches the brake pedal. I did the same with my boys so they’ll never cause an accident that way, I just got to get them to lift the skinny pedal so they don’t cause accidents that way.

I guess one final thing, is she driving a new car or a beater? Every new driver will have some minor scuff, pull to close to the house, back into the lawn mower, better they do it in a beater or older car than a new one.
Good advice , that .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

TB, where ya been? Drinking alone here wondering what happened.
How’s the wing?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

goinbroke2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:51 am TB, where ya been? Drinking alone here wondering what happened.
How’s the wing?
Just been kinda down with broke arm and inherent muscle loss and debilitation .
Thanks for asking .
And thanks for helping keep this thread going . It's longevity has far exceeded my expectations when I started it .
Left a jug under the bench for all . I'll stop back in a while with the saga of my ongoing battle with a subcontractor for the energy company that ran a mile of waterline across my farm .
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well I must admit, keeping a thread going is a nice way of saying I never shut up! Lol!!
Being down always sucks, for me it’s not being up and going a million miles an hour that kills me. Went out last evening for a bit of snow wheeling with the trucks, got home at 5am after my buddy towing my wife home 11 miles because she took the transmission out of her mud truck. Being bedridden or otherwise “restricted” just kills me.

Can’t wait for the saga, we need more than me blabbering away on here. 😉
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

So I just fired my new .40 for the first time it's a shooter no jams and no recoil I love it now to get more ammo that shits expensive right now
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Durhommer wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:36 am So I just fired my new .40 for the first time it's a shooter no jams and no recoil I love it now to get more ammo that shits expensive right now
Yeah I got a call from an old friend last night looking to buy some ammo off me. He seemed offended that I agreed to sell it to him at the current market prices. I told him, look man, what I paid for it is irrelevant. I had the foresight to hoard it for the last 4 years. If you didn't, that is not my concern.

Buy cheap and stack deep. :wink:

When you find .308 for 32 cents a round, you buy all you can get.
I dont pay more than 28 cents a round for 5.56, and I've got several fat 50 cans packed full of it.
I literally have buckets full of .22, and 45.
In a pinch, ammo is always good for bartering. Keep more on hand than you need.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Bryan1
Swill Maker

Post by Bryan1 »

Well today was a heap of fun,

Decided to decanter a bottle of my neutral for my mate at the bottleshop and went into the local bottleshop where he wasn't there and the gal working there said just leave him a message

Put this bottle in the freezer and on a hot day have a cool dram of NOTHING

So on my trip for more cutlery as I'm hell bent on making dragon flies and flowers out of cutlery for this huge event over Easter where everything will be sold and in this cashless society we live in today making cash is great. I called into the other store only to find out i missed my mate by 10 minutes so I started a chat with the worker. A customer came up and said I've been using turbo yeast for over 10 years and it makes the best drop. I said well come on over to the other store and try my neutral where he followed me to the store.

I asked my mate to pull out the shot glass's where this guy had a dram and said I must of put this thru a carbon filter 10 times, I told him I've never seen a carbon filter let alone use one so he asked how did i make it. I said I did 2 60 litre TPW's and he asked what that meant. I said tomato paste wash one tub of tomato paste 12 kg of sugar and Lowans baking yeast in a 60 litre wash where he said don't use tomato as it will kill you.

My mate looked at me then came around and kicked this guy out of the shop saying come back and see whats waiting, now mate is just shy of 7' and when he came back in he said lets have a dram. The female worker joined in and after the dram she said it was the best taste of vodka she had tasted and when you said having a dram of nothing I didn't believe you but after tasting it I can see what you mean.