The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Re: The liar's bench

Post by corene1 »

You know Jimbo gave me that ostrich on loan out. I give it back after the fight ring was over, it was just too much for me to handle. Strange how we don't hear much from him anymore since I gave it back. Probably a handful to manage. Last I heard Flatwoods has the monkey and the ostrich melted the his ol dog down to ashes. Who wound up with that ol Chupacabra? It was pretty darned feisty too. Gonna have to look back and check out some of the pictures folks had sent in showing off their contenders before the fight.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Well I ain't certain , Gal . But , SOH and I went to visit Flatwoods a while back and he had this humongus pot in his syrup shed that he served us some stew from whose continents were of questionable origin .
Didn't make us sick or nothin . Just curious what he found to fill such a big pot .
Only thing we seen there that resembled a monkey was a strange looking hide tacked to his barn wall ...........
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

I would only be really concerned about what was in the stew pot...if he served monkey bread with it, Instead of biscuits or cornbread. JMHO, I'd still mostly be worried about the sarcastic irony, not the ingredients.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

I bought a bottle of bushmills black Bush omg I wish I wouldn't have
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

It's been quite a few years since I purchased any store bought likker. I like what I made better than what they make.
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

ismbardbrunel123
Novice

Post by ismbardbrunel123 »

SassyFrass wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:09 pm It's been quite a few years since I purchased any store bought likker. I like what I made better than what they make.
Been about 4 months since i paid for Whisky.....but i find i drink more.....oh well, even more savings.... :econfused:
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

ismbardbrunel123 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm
SassyFrass wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:09 pm It's been quite a few years since I purchased any store bought likker. I like what I made better than what they make.
Been about 4 months since i paid for Whisky.....but i find i drink more.....oh well, even more savings.... :econfused:
I have only aging stock on hand and low wines. I'm not touching my rum or my single malt or my corn barley rye bourbon
ismbardbrunel123
Novice

Post by ismbardbrunel123 »

Oh dear.. so many choices...there are people that can help out if you have problems making decisions....sorry i live to far away.... :lol:
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

My son and buddy came over yesterday to spend a little range time. They came back to the house with a couple gallons that had been hidden in a hollow log for a few years. Not sure of the exact date because sharply does wear off after awhile. But it was made after 1999. I looks like a 2...but I could be wrong.
Anyway, both turned out to be some pretty decent corn likker. So they each went home with a gallon and i got a sip out of each. Just for Quality control, of course.
SF
PS: what's funny is neither one is big drinker and a gallon will last them for a long time.

stillanoob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stillanoob »

ismbardbrunel123 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm Been about 4 months since i paid for Whisky.....but i find i drink more.....oh well, even more savings.... :econfused:
The more you drink, the more you save! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Ya aint drank till bottles fly off porch n cats get lessons in flight.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jedneck wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:16 pm Ya aint drank till bottles fly off porch n cats get lessons in flight.
When a full glass of whiskey gets bumped off a porch railing and drops 16 feet to land in rocks without spilling a drop and a cat flies from a dinner table(with assistance) for 60 feet and survives ; you have experienced an S3 gathering at Jed's .
You can't make this shit up .
Fact is stranger than truth .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

I've resorted to a bottle of single malt from last year the bushmills black is just eww
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

Fuck yeah the wife just won 2k on the chiefs game legal betting rocks
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Friends birthday so we went out, 5 of us from 4:30 to about 11. There was two bills, combined it was $620 including the $75 tip.
THAT is why I don’t like going out! Probably drank $30 in shine for comparison. $7 shots, etc.

Anyway, it was a good time, sang happy bday to her a dozen times getting the bar involved. One girl was getting a little too friendly and asked if I was married, I said “yeah I’m a trophy husband”.
Somewhere in the crowd I Heard my wife yell “yeah, but like, a participation trophy”!

She’s getting too good at zingers...

The other day she said to a friend. “ now that he’s retired? Oh he still does stupid shit, only now he does it slower”
I’m like “I’M IN THE ROOM “!!!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

goinbroke2 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:09 pm Friends birthday so we went out, 5 of us from 4:30 to about 11. There was two bills, combined it was $620 including the $75 tip.
THAT is why I don’t like going out! Probably drank $30 in shine for comparison. $7 shots, etc.

Anyway, it was a good time, sang happy bday to her a dozen times getting the bar involved. One girl was getting a little too friendly and asked if I was married, I said “yeah I’m a trophy husband”.
Somewhere in the crowd I Heard my wife yell “yeah, but like, a participation trophy”!

She’s getting too good at zingers...

The other day she said to a friend. “ now that he’s retired? Oh he still does stupid shit, only now he does it slower”
I’m like “I’M IN THE ROOM “!!!
Cherish that gal . She sounds fit to ride the river with .'Specially when she continues to tolerate you .
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

TB, glad to hear the arm is healing. GB sounds like you gotta keeper there.
SF

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Yeah she puts up with me for the most part. The other day her and her friend was yammering in about something and said about childbirth and the pain, blah, blah, blah. I said getting kicked in the crotch is way more painful for a guy then a woman having a kid. Of course the first question was “have you ever had a kid”?
I said “no but after a while a woman will ask to have another kid, no guy EVER said hey, kick me in the crotch again”.

That didn’t go over well but I made my point.
Kinda like the time I mentioned the wife put on 50# with each kid. Of course the women were yelling about body changes and stuff until I said “we adopted”.

Anyway, actually just stopped by for a quick shot of the stuff in that jug, thanks whoever left it, and to mention I screwed up. (No really)
I made a batch of beer a week or so ago and without thinking, dumped two bags of sugar in the pail. I thought crap, grabbed a hydrometer and checked 8%. After it fermented I checked and got about 3%. Ok, it fermented out to 5%, whatever. As I was kegging it I had a taste..sweet damn it! So now I have sweet lager sitting for a couple weeks and hopefully it will taste better. Stupid, stupid, stupid. So used to making shine and putting 2 1/2 bags in per pail (about 10-12%)

We’ll see how it turns out.

Gotta go get the blower going, got a foot of snow over night and it’s still snowing. Checked the weather ap and it says snow for the next 6 days. Poo...
Oh well, more “snow wheeling”.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Wow, I’ll have to chalk this up to “the wife is drinking with her friend”.

It’s snowing quite hard here, has been all day. The wife is at her friends taking care of her. (She had surgery on both wrists) I blew the driveways out and went for a bit of snow wheeling with the truck on the power line. Figured I’d head over to a buddies place, see if he wanted to play. Got on a trail and met a moose. Big bugger, huge rack. I just shut the truck off and watched as it ambled on by and kept going. I went another 5 minutes and hear a ding as the wife text me. I said “I just saw a moose on the way to Dave’s place”
She asked “how do you know it was going to Dave’s place”?

What??

I asked if they were drinking, she said Cheryl is on pain meds but the rest of the girls are. The “rest” of the girls huh? Now I see why she hasn’t been home in 2 days.
Said they were having a great time, I should come over and do the driveway for them, I was like “ahh, nope”. She started whining so I said “hey, be nice, I happen to know there are hot young women within 5 miles who want to meet me”!

I laughed

Haven’t heard from her since.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

goinbroke2 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:16 pm Wow, I’ll have to chalk this up to “the wife is drinking with her friend”.

It’s snowing quite hard here, has been all day. The wife is at her friends taking care of her. (She had surgery on both wrists) I blew the driveways out and went for a bit of snow wheeling with the truck on the power line. Figured I’d head over to a buddies place, see if he wanted to play. Got on a trail and met a moose. Big bugger, huge rack. I just shut the truck off and watched as it ambled on by and kept going. I went another 5 minutes and hear a ding as the wife text me. I said “I just saw a moose on the way to Dave’s place”
She asked “how do you know it was going to Dave’s place”?

What??

I asked if they were drinking, she said Cheryl is on pain meds but the rest of the girls are. The “rest” of the girls huh? Now I see why she hasn’t been home in 2 days.
Said they were having a great time, I should come over and do the driveway for them, I was like “ahh, nope”. She started whining so I said “hey, be nice, I happen to know there are hot young women within 5 miles who want to meet me”!

I laughed

Haven’t heard from her since.
Daymn! You do like to walk on the dangerous side , don't you . I could have talked all day without sayin sompin like that .
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well TB, it’s not that I’m stupid, just sometimes I have bad luck with thinking... :problem:
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

goinbroke2 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:57 pm Well TB, it’s not that I’m stupid, just sometimes I have bad luck with thinking... :problem:
I am gonna f*in’ treasure that line forever. Or at least ‘til I sober up... :shifty:
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Durhommer wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:18 pm I've resorted to a bottle of single malt from last year the bushmills black is just eww
If ya gonna fork out ya hard earned for Bushmills get the malt, blackbush ain't worth a squirt of goat piss in my opinion. Bushmills own another called Middleton that is darn fine but it's high dollar gear.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

Thanks for the info
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

I got the wife this coffee cup for Christmas that I thought she’d like.
FA846F34-5C5B-4371-845B-DCBDB7BBEC3E.jpeg
She freaked out and thought it was an insult.
I’m like what??? No, a trophy wife is a pretty play toy that an older guy gets in a mid life crisis or whatever. It’s saying your out of my reach in normal circumstances.

Made her a coffee this morning and she freaked out again.
So obviously I’d go to a place of esteemed culture and providence like home distiller and ask for a collective opinion.

What say ye? An insult or a compliment (as I intended)??
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

GB, what we think doesn't really matter. What matters is what she thinks. I figured out a long time ago that my idea of a compliment dont necessarily agree with my wife's idea of a compliment.
Granted, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I never could explain why I thought it was a compliment. I just seemed to dig the hole deeper.[emoji848]
Good luck.[emoji16]
SF

CoogeeBoy
Rumrunner

Post by CoogeeBoy »

goinbroke2 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:54 am I got the wife this coffee cup for Christmas that I thought she’d like.

FA846F34-5C5B-4371-845B-DCBDB7BBEC3E.jpeg

She freaked out and thought it was an insult.
I’m like what??? No, a trophy wife is a pretty play toy that an older guy gets in a mid life crisis or whatever. It’s saying your out of my reach in normal circumstances.

Made her a coffee this morning and she freaked out again.
So obviously I’d go to a place of esteemed culture and providence like home distiller and ask for a collective opinion.

What say ye? An insult or a compliment (as I intended)??
You know what they say, Happy wife, happy life!

Or as I say now, Happy Wifi, Happy life! Seems like they are giving away free Wifi's everywhere! 8)
Taking a break while I get a new still completed....
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

Happy wife, happy wife's life.

Happy all is better :lol:

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

Post by HDNB »

Brother, from what i can tell there is no accounting for what's on a woman's mind from moment to moment. best wait for one of the ladies here to chime in and translate for you, takin' advise from other men is just gonna make things worse.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
CoogeeBoy
Rumrunner

Post by CoogeeBoy »

HDNB wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:48 pm Brother, from what i can tell there is no accounting for what's on a woman's mind from moment to moment. best wait for one of the ladies here to chime in and translate for you, takin' advise from other men is just gonna make things worse.
Yes, i shouldn't speak, we are happily married,
She's happy,
I'm married!
Taking a break while I get a new still completed....