shoulder operation

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mud Mechanik
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: shoulder operation

Post by Mud Mechanik »

Starting therapy today Odin....how ya doin?
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway----John Wayne
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Better and better. Went to my second therapy day today. Another one on Friday. Then it is off on holidays for 3 weeks, doing exercises and all.

But ... even though I am "better", that's not the same as "good". I feel pretty tired after like half a day at work. Shoulder starts to sting. Means I work like 5 maybe 6 hours a day and when I come home ... I really need to sleep a few hours.

I guess the body is in a sorta recovery mode.

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

A 3 week holiday should help your shoulder and the rest of your body recover nicely. Have a speedy recovery and a good time off, Odin.
I do all my own stunts
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

Enjoy it, Odin, and no rodeo till later.
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

No rodeo!

But there will be:
- Lake Balaton;
- Some sailing;
- Making goulash in the garden;
- Drinking beer in the "Beer Garden" I built;
- BBQ;
- Palinka;
- Visiting distiller friends in Hungary;
- Visiting the beautiful Croatian mediterranian coast line;
- And my wife and I will be godfather/mother to a newborn cousin (or nephew, always forget which is which);
- To get that party started I will take with me: 10 liters of rye vodka, 2 liters of genever, 2 liters of akvavit, a liter of strawberry pantydroppers ...

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
wv_cooker
Trainee

Post by wv_cooker »

Not much room for clothes in that suitcase is there Odin. :D :D Have fun and get rested up!
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Cooker ... you almost sound like my wife!

:lolno:

Actually, skip the "almost" part.

:thumbup:

Odin.
wv_cooker
Trainee

Post by wv_cooker »

Odin wrote:Cooker ... you almost sound like my wife!

:lolno:

Actually, skip the "almost" part.

:thumbup:

Odin.
Now that is scary! :crazy: :D
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Odin wrote: - And my wife and I will be godfather/mother to a newborn cousin (or nephew, always forget which is which);
Congrats!

Odin wrote: To get that party started I will take with me: 10 liters of rye vodka, 2 liters of genever, 2 liters of akvavit, a liter of strawberry pantydroppers ...
WOOT!!!! ya baby, Ill be right over!
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
midwest shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by midwest shinner »

Glad you're at least feeling a bit better Odin, my Dad had shoulder surgery a few years back(also 3 back surgeries, and neck surgery) and it takes a while to get back to normal. Nice assortment of likker you're bringing along too, you sound like Jimbo bringing along some of his stash on vacation. At least its a good way to ensure you will have some quality booze for the trip. Anyway, have fun and take the time to relax and hopefully by the time you get back from your holiday your shoulder will be feeling that much better :thumbup: Cheers!
There's whisky in the jar
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Thanks!

Problem with taking really good booz' with you is ... not everybody appreciates it. I mean everybody likes it, but there are always a few around who feel like mixing my precious genever with tonic or whatever! "Please use my vodka for that!" I feel like screaming out, but never do. And when I genly suggest it, no, they want to drink my genever. Sure, but then don't mix it!

Sigh. I remember making a great whiskey. All red wheat AG. Aged on toasted American white oak sticks Holy Bear made for me. And then someone says: "Nice!" grabs a bottle of cola and starts mixing it.

Okay, this is just me having pre-holidays blues I guess.

I think I will just hand over the vodka and akvavit, and keep the genever to me!

Odin.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

My son and his friends here in Montana have taken a liking to my bourbon. All's well, theyre not mixing it. :D They say it kills Evan Williams, which is what they usually buy, handles of it, cause its relatively cheap and they're poor young folk. :) When I told them a fifth of bourbon costs 1.60 to make I think I planted the seeds in a few heads for future stillers. :)
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
midwest shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

way to go Jimbo, passing along the tradition. I hope to do the same one day myself
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Jim, now get me a bottle of that ASAP please!

Regards, Odin.
midwest shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jimbo's bourbon really is some killer stuff Odin, for only making whiskies for about a year or so, he has a fantastic knowledge and grasp of the AG and mashing process. Although i do think a lot of people overcomplicate it...
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Okay, now you really bring saliva to my mouth!

You tried it, it seems?

Regards, Odin.
midwest shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Yes i have tried a few of Jimbo's recipes, i have the pleasure of living pretty close to him. I really hope one day my likker is as tasty as his. He also makes some phenomenal apple brandy. If you're ever in the states Odin, let us know
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

I sure will! I may actually be over for the ADI convent somewhere 2014.

Regards, Odin.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Youre way too kind Mike. Thank you for the compliments! Youre hooch is damn fine now what do mean someday dude.

Odin, youre always welcome at my place. If youre here or passing thru add a layover to your trip. Chicago is a hub for many flights around the states.
Black Eye
Rumrunner

Post by Black Eye »

Odin, if you're heading to chicago, you should fly into Boston and stop on in and I'll take you the next leg of your journey
Only way to drink all day... is to start in the morning
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Haha. Im sensing a multi day bender for our friend when he hops over the pond.
midwest shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hell yeah,come in over Odin :mrgreen: And thanks for the compliment Jimbo, it means a lot coming from someone with as much experience as yourself. I know the area i do need to work on the most is making my cuts, but i know experience will help with that quite a bit also
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Just arrived yesterday after a 14 hour drive.Tiring. And I feel my shoulder again. Not good!

Party yesterday night was great though. 1 1/2 liter of vodka and like 0.5 liter of dille akvavit went down.

Odin.