tim from moonshiners shine at my local package store.

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

red dirt shiner
Novice

tim from moonshiners shine at my local package store.

Post by red dirt shiner »

Let me start by saying while I know 90% of the info on moonshiners is bunk I still enjoy the show and I'm glad Tim was blessed with the opportunity to "go legal".with that being said I don't think I could ever fork out any money for a bonded "shine" not to mention I also couldent force myself to drink anything called climax.now I understand that's where he's from but seriously do you know what kind of images would appear in my minds eye if I were to put something in my body made by a man in overalls called climax.just an epic fail of a name if you ask me.what do yall think?
Mike Lawry
Novice

Re: tim from moonshiners shine at my local package store.

Post by Mike Lawry »

Id try a bottle just to say I did. More if I liked it.

Mike Lawry.
Lima Whiskey
Novice

Post by Lima Whiskey »

We have climax water around here. Comes out of a spring in climax ky.
Lima Whiskey
Novice

Post by Lima Whiskey »

I won't drink the water either. I'm with you on the name.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

So you ain't gonna drink no clean water cause the
name of the spring. I rekon you ain't never been truely
thirsty. You start haven to add pills to water for
you can drink it it mite change your tune

so IM tole
jase1977
Novice

Post by jase1977 »

why not give it a chance? If he exported it to NZ I'd buy it
Lima Whiskey
Novice

Post by Lima Whiskey »

Goose,
I have added pills to water to be able to drink it. I've eaten grasshoppers and chewed bark cause I was hungry. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children taught me all kinds of stuff I can do to survive. If I'm not trying to keep hydrated to stay alive, when at the 7-11 I'll take a bottle of aquafina over the climax any day. I understand it is just the name of the town it comes from. I like the OP have a mental image that goes along with the name. If in the liquor store, I'd buy a bottle of popcorn's before climax every time. The post wasn't about survival but the name. I wonder what the basis for naming these towns climax was. Maybe at the top of hill for town seat?
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

I d buy 2 bottles of popcorn's and 2 climax bottles. Id drink 1 and keep other.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

LW , Climax was the highest town close to a mountain of molybdinum , a steel hardening agent . It was tunneled and stoped until the pinnacle was reached and then they caved the mountain into the largest open pit moly mine in the world . My Dad was a tramp miner that worked there in the early '50's while they were still 'honey combing' the mountain . We lived in the old town of Dillon before the reservoir to service Denver flooded the entire town . The company sponsored health care facility was 'state of the art ' for the time . Next closest health care was down in Denver . Come winter , you just weren't going to get there .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
LFRoberts5
Novice

Post by LFRoberts5 »

I've had a bottle of Popcorn's....Not bad ...but I've had better....
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

I could be 100% wrong, but I suspect that given the time, expense, red tape, background checks, etc, that Tim does not hold a Federal Distilling License. I think it's far more likely he has contracted with a legal distillery to market a white whiskey under his name to cash in on the popularity of the show. The madness continues: I see where Tickle will a spin-off show of his own. God help us all.

BG
jase1977
Novice

Post by jase1977 »

Perhaps you guys should be supporting him and not knocking the guy down?
red dirt shiner
Novice

Post by red dirt shiner »

I would be happy to support him but not at nearly 35$ a 750 ml I can buy much better for that.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Why should folks here support him.
Ain't no way he can make a product as good
as here for a profit an be affordable. He
got all kinds of hidden costs.

So IM tole
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

A little off topic but kinda not I hear that there is gonna be another show along with tickle having his own show this fall. Hatfields and McCoys now gonna make moonshine on Discovery and fight and shoot each other. If you thought moonshiners was stupid I think this will prove (moonshiners) it was/is a work of art. I might be wrong.
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

Why should we support Tim when his show going against everything this Forum stands for?

BG
wv_cooker
Trainee

Post by wv_cooker »

halfbaked wrote:A little off topic but kinda not I hear that there is gonna be another show along with tickle having his own show this fall. Hatfields and McCoys now gonna make moonshine on Discovery and fight and shoot each other. If you thought moonshiners was stupid I think this will prove (moonshiners) it was/is a work of art. I might be wrong.
I live pretty close to where the Hatfield and McCoy feud took place and I have watched this new show. All I can say is that the History channel is nothing but a joke. They have none of their facts correct and those dumb a**es would blow themselves up if they tried to make a drip. I firmly believe that the producers of the History channel are just trying to make a mockery of our beautiful state. I don't blame the show's, I think they are comical. I blame the idiot producers that think they know what the Hillbilly spirit is all about. Sorry to Hijack the thread but I have been Fuming about the so called History channel as of late!
jollyroger
Swill Maker

Post by jollyroger »

+100 wv_cooker
Crazed Country Rebel
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

+ another 100 , Cooker . They only wast to sell ad space . They don't have a clue what we are about . Same as that dickhead show that was being filmed close to Charleston .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
janee
Novice

Post by janee »

i think its true that they are just out to make a buck off the "moonshine craz" went east to visit my younger brother in henderson ville NC last year, he knows i make a drop now and then so he bought a legal jar made somewhere neer there for me to try, well i was not impressed,too much heads,tasted a lot like polish remover, could a took it home and cleaned it up,but couldnt take it on the plane home.
jase1977
Novice

Post by jase1977 »

Going by the BS that History channel does about WW2, then I would believe you. Nothing more disgusting than calling New Zealand troops "Britsh"
Buckshot
Novice

Post by Buckshot »

I wonder if Tim makes his brew in a galvanized black pot still.