American Holiday

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bohunk
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

American Holiday

Post by Bohunk »

As we all know, December 5th is an important cultural and historical day and those of us who honor our past and cherish the future should take the time and effort to celebrate appropriately. Thursday is the anniversary of the repeal in 1933 of pernicious and seditious prohibition. Let's all drink to take !!

The Ole Bohunk
Bushman
Admin

Re: American Holiday

Post by Bushman »

I remember this time of year as Mash Rookie cooked 10 - 12 Turkeys at one time in his glassblowing ovens and took them down to feed the homeless as their tent camp was washed out due to flooding last year. This year he is fighting ALS and I emailed him the other day but got no response and I am worried for his health. He lives an 1-1/2 from my house and I don't want to just drop in but sure others are concerned as well! He has a son and daughter but lives alone or at least did last time I saw him.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

I will raise a glass to that.

Bohunk did you try to email me something the other day? I got a weird email that didn't contain anything at all. Just you sent it.

If you find out anything about MR Bushman. Please keep us informed.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Bohunk
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Bohunk »

PP, I stopped at SugarDaddies and sampled your CherryPiss, the note I sent to you was to tell you I loved it. Wish I could make that stuff. You did a great job.

The Ole Bohunk
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Well thanks for the complement. Coming from you. I will take it as a big compliment.

Oh yeah that email is dealing me fits. Sory I wanted to reply to you. But couldn't for some reason.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

I remember this time of year as Mash Rookie cooked 10 - 12 Turkeys at one time in his glassblowing ovens and took them down to feed the homeless as their tent camp was washed out due to flooding last year. This year he is fighting ALS and I emailed him the other day but got no response and I am worried for his health. He lives an 1-1/2 from my house and I don't want to just drop in but sure others are concerned as well! He has a son and daughter but lives alone or at least did last time I saw him.
Yeah, that was amazing what he did. I sure hope he is doing ok...I miss seeing him on these boards.
googe
retired

Post by googe »

Always remembered that bushman, takes a great man to do something like that, so selfless :thumbup: . http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p7026577
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

Thanks for the link. Those look better than I can do with one bird...
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

image.jpg
Bohunk
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Bohunk »

Great Picture Bushman......... Prohibition started it all for us folks, I think everyone I talk to has a story about a releative, or some one who made "shine". I would love to sit down and talk to some of those folks, like my dad's cousin Raymond. I never had a chance to pick his brain before he died. What a stupid law that was.

The Ole Bohunk
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bohunk wrote:Great Picture Bushman......... Prohibition started it all for us folks, I think everyone I talk to has a story about a releative, or some one who made "shine". I would love to sit down and talk to some of those folks, like my dad's cousin Raymond. I never had a chance to pick his brain before he died. What a stupid law that was.

The Ole Bohunk
The law was ill concieved but it did make many of my relatives wealthy that had been dirt poor . A dead critter is a loss for a farmer . On the other side of the coin it is a windfall for the scavengers . :)
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .