This will make you think

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fish
Novice

This will make you think

Post by fish »

http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm#Main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I usually avoid the propaganda but this makes you think.

Post by Guest »

By showing you only what they want you to see, of course they can make you think. A good film editor can make you think that you were born from a toilet paper roll.

AkCoyote
fish
Novice

Post by fish »

Easy now :? I wasn't offering any opinions just thought it was worthy of sharing. I agree that maniupulaing is all smoke and mirrors. Don't want anyone thinking I agree with the movie just found it intresting.

Post by Guest »

Fish:
There are elements in this country (U.S.) that want the public to believe that we attacked ourselves to justify going to war to (fill in the blank). Supposedly we want everything from world domination to control of the world's oil supply. This plot was supposedly hatched by the biggest bumbling idiot to ever occupy the White House and thousands of political lackys are in on the coverup. This is all just plain nonsense.

The last 2 national elections have showed that this country is divided almost evenly between the left and the right and each has totally different visions of what America should look like. Flash presentations such as the one presented are designed to lead you to a specific conclusion, not to make you think. 8 out of 10 people may see this for what it is (meaning propaganda) but there are some who will actually believe it and that is what scares the hell out of me.

BTW, my BA is in Communications with an emphasis on Rhetorical Analysis so I tend to look at this type of crap a little differently. Didn't mean to get on a soap box.

AkCoyote
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

ok guys

Post by Uncle Jesse »

no politics.

it's a rule, ask the old timers.

believe me, if we get into politics, i will have all of you hating me, so just leave it alone if you don't mind.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
AkCoyote
Swill Maker

Post by AkCoyote »

No problem Uncle Jesse. I would probably be hated just as bad.

AkCoyote
level Joe
Swill Maker

Post by level Joe »

WELL... BUT... THEY... HE...
Awwww CRAP!!!
..nevermind..
Salus populi suprema est lex. [L.] The safety of the people is the highest law.
fish
Novice

Post by fish »

My apologies :oops:

Nothing political was implied or intended.

I will steer clear of anything similar just thought it was worthy of passing along if not just to provoke further thought and knowledge of the subject.
I wouldn't base anything solid on anyone webpage. Only belive half of everthing you see and don't trust the other any further than you can throw :wink:
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

well

Post by Uncle Jesse »

don't take it wrong, not trying to be a jerk. the simple fact is that we have a really broad and friendly community, let's not hamper it with political bickering. i'm sure we run the spectrum of political thought here. personally i'm a left-wing, revolutionary anarchist/syndicalist. yes, those black bloc guys in black masks at protests are my friends. i doubt any of you wants to listen to me rant and i wouldn't burden you with it.

we have lots of different folks from all over the world here and political discussions only lead to unnecessary bickering and flame wars. so far the only person here i haven't liked was a troll! i'll take that any day.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
AkCoyote
Swill Maker

Post by AkCoyote »

Uncle Jesse:
If you would ever like to have a friendly political chat, I would be more than happy to sit down, sip a little and have a rational exchange of views.

AkCoyote :)