Parent Site Problem?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

likkerluvver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Parent Site Problem?

Post by likkerluvver »

When I go to the parent site, all I am getting is: It Works!

Wondering what the problem is. :?

LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Parent Site Problem?

Post by pfshine »

The admin is upgrading right now.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
MitchyBourbon
Distiller

Post by MitchyBourbon »

If it works, it works!
I'm goin the distance...
likkerluvver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by likkerluvver »

No problem then. Great!

Thanks Admin.

LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Thanks for the heads up.

UJ did some heavy upgrades over the weekend. I sent him a note about parent site. The forum and wiki are 'happy', but parent site may have had the index.php file overwritten or something (main file). It may also be some setting that needs adjusted, like expecting index.html or index.htm, etc, while a index.php is the 'real' main page. There are many open source packages that when you do major installs, do not always remember custom configuration from prior installs.

It should be fixed shortly.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Also, if you see anything else which you think 'used' to work, but is not working now, or performance issues, or anything out of the ordinary, please post about it, and we will look into it. It may take a little tuning to get the configuration all setup properly.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

My parent site page is still opening to a page about gin even after trying UJ's recommendations. ?
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

You might have cookie issues on the site. After the install, the site had the index page messed up, I fixed that. Then the new php engine was not supporting compression, so I removed that. Well to do that, I had to remove compression code from the cookies also. That got the site working, short term. UJ then rebuilt the php engine, adding the compression module to it, and the compression code was re-added to the parent sites php code.

For a while, I was seeing some compression errors on the httpd-errors.log file. It was clients coming in with non-compressed cookies, and the site wanting to decompress them.

At home right now, I am seeing the "It Works!" page when I simply go to homedistiller.org I do not know WHY that is happening, trying to refresh my browser is not fixing it. That file has been removed, so it has something to do with the caching on this web browser. I will have to likely clear the cache. Now, on this browser, I can easily go to homedistiller.org/index.php That brings the parent site right up, and works fine.

Now, for clearing the cookies (if that is your problem). Go to this link : http://homedistiller.org/intro/user_config.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow It is the very first link on the Intro menu of the parent site. Click on the "delete all cookies" button. I hope that clears up the problem you are getting. The parent site uses cookies to try to remember which page you are on, on each menu. It is very hard to get all of that right. It does an OK job most of the time, but due to a lot of technical things, it really is NOT an easy task to get working all the time, and working the same within all browsers.

H.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Using the subsilver2 theme, no sure about prosilver, there is a link at the bottom left of the board index page to delete all site cookies... Might save a few steps...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

On my firefox that was still getting the "It Works!" page (even though that was fixed properly on the server for the site), I got that browser fixed, by clearing the browser history (file cache). Now that browser works properly.

So anyone that has a 'helpful' browser that is aggressively caching, and showing the 'It Works!' page when going to http://homedistiller.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow you should be able to clear things up, by clearing browser file cache.

H.
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

It's doing it again...
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

e mail jessie with problem
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Tater wrote:e mail jessie with problem
I did that before posting :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I am not finding any problems, can you be more specific? Also a few posts up Husker has a link to delete cookies have you tried that?
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Bushman wrote:I am not finding any problems, can you be more specific? Also a few posts up Husker has a link to delete cookies have you tried that?
Yep, clearing out my cookies was both delicious and did the trick.

Cheers Bushman.