Old Message Boards

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Old Message Boards

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Which posts from the old boards should we bring to the new message boards? Post URL's of your favorite topics here please.
fish
Novice

Post by fish »

Or to be honest all the posts in the flavor and aging forum that are on topic or grouping all like posts for reference.
Josesillo
Bootlegger

Post by Josesillo »

isnt there a way of bringing them all together
- - - - - - -

--Fishing and Distilling... What else is there to do???.--
MrPlace

Old Board

Post by MrPlace »

Uncle Jesse,

Cant we keep the old board as a read only type of archive? It is a shame to lose alot of the knowledge. I am a true newb and have found a wealth of info in posts from way back.
AkCoyote
Swill Maker

Post by AkCoyote »

I would definitely like to see all of the recipes brought over.

AkCoyote :P
Fourway
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Fourway »

AkCoyote wrote:I would definitely like to see all of the recipes brought over.

AkCoyote :P
really what should happen is one of us needs to go through the old forum and strip out the recipes and put them into a text doc to submit to Tony for inclusion in the homedistillers site.
Tony gets most of the user submitted material on the site from the Yahoo forum because even though this forum is actually on the site Tony lives in yahoo not here.
"a woman who drives you to drink is hard to find, most of them will make you drive yourself."
anon--
anon coward

Post by anon coward »

what ever happened to THEDUDE
LT

Post by LT »

unle jess what was wrong with the old forum? did THEDUDE do something to it?
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

LT wrote:unle jess what was wrong with the old forum? did THEDUDE do something to it?
uh, no, fear no script kiddies. the old software costs $200/year and the new software is free. not only that, it's better. no way i'm forking out $200 for message boards.
LT

Post by LT »

jesse unblock my IP adress. this is geting old! :twisted:
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

what's old is that i have to babysit.
theeeeeedude

you can be my worst enemy or my best friend you pick

Post by theeeeeedude »

i dont go and say ignorant things to people who dont diserve it. i just get even with people and i could get even with you but i wont go that far unless i have to. so if you want me to act mature just let this all go and it will end
Grayson_Stewart
retired

Re: you can be my worst enemy or my best friend you pick

Post by Grayson_Stewart »

theeeeeedude wrote: i could get even with you but i wont go that far unless i have to.
Sweet talk like that will surely win over UncleJesse's heart.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Fourway
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: you can be my worst enemy or my best friend you pick

Post by Fourway »

theeeeeedude wrote:i dont go and say ignorant things to people who dont diserve it. i just get even with people and i could get even with you but i wont go that far unless i have to. so if you want me to act mature just let this all go and it will end

Look TheDude... none of us ever did anything to you.

You were trolling and trying get someone to get their back up but pretty much nobody did... we all acted pretty relaxed and let you do your thing...

we thought it was sort of silly but what the hell it wasn't making the forum unusable and mainly we hoped you'd just get bored and quit messing around.

Jesse came back and stopped you doing it...
and I guess it was mostly about time.

Many of us really couldn't have cared one way or another as long as we could still communicate with each other but Jesse is the Admin right?

It's his Job to stop people from gaming the board and trying to get people upset. What other possible choice did he have?

What would you have done if you were running a board and there was a prankster on it having conversations with himself and cursing people out?

If you're really the guy who was DDoS attacking the site for the last five days consider this...
Your problem is with uncle jesse not with us.

We didn't even act hostile toward you most of the time...

you'll recall that the one time I sent you a PM it was sweet as pie.

And this isn't really Uncle Jessie's hang out, he's the landloard...

When you try to get back at uncle jessie by attacking the board you hurt a bunch of people who are only interested in freely sharing information (with you) and havn't ever done a bad thing towards you...

it really doesn't hurt Uncle Jessie at all, he goes weeks and months without posting, not being able to access the board for a few days is no big thing to him....

It does hurt the folks who post here every day who you don't have a beef with at all and who have never even offered you a single thing to get offended about.

It seems to me like you're probably a good guy, youve posted plenty of good stuff in the past, you don't need to get in a war with the admin on this forum to make it interesing... it's already pretty interesting. Can you please just relax and find some other way to get satisfaction?

Thanks Man.
"a woman who drives you to drink is hard to find, most of them will make you drive yourself."
anon--
secretagent

Post by secretagent »

see thats all it took. you were being mature and no one gets mad.