Knee surgery December 3

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Knee surgery December 3

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

I finally get to have my poor old crippled up knee worked on, it's been bum for about 3 years now. The last time I hiked up in my beloved Olympic Mts when it went all to hell. Doc is going to clean out a torn meniscus and clean up some arthritis I sure hope it works I hate being limited in my ability to get around. Gotta be lots of guys out there that have had the same thing done............howd it go for you all?
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
Jimbo
retired

Re: Knee surgery December 3

Post by Jimbo »

Good luck Doo. I had a torn meniscus cleaned up with surgery. Knee continued to degenerate. I use to run marathons (alter ego to drinking too damn much) I can no longer run and it now hurts pretty much daily, and significantly if Im on it for a couple hours plus or for a long walk (bone on bone). Doc wants to put an artificial knee in. Im only 50, and they only last 10 years, so Im holding out for a new gasket. Surely, someone smart somewhere will look past the huge $$ involved in artificial knees and develop a new fucking replacement gasket to slip in there between the joint. They can put vagina's on men for fuck sake (literally) so Im holding out hope on humanity to give me a simple solution. In the mean time I deal with the pain.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Thanks rockchucker,damn Jimbo bone on bone at 50 that sucks, mine isn't bone on bone yet so I have hope. You're right about them being able to put a vagina on a man but for gods sake don't let them put one in your knee..just think what the dogs would do to ya. :ebiggrin:
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

If they could put one in my knee that would be the ultimate torture, just a femur away and unreachable....
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

I hope you do well OMD.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Jimbo if it did hurt though you could just stroke it with a couple of fingers till it lubed itself all up again!
Ga
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
rtalbigr
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rtalbigr »

Jimbo -

I was bone to bone in both knees. I know the misery you are experiencing. I had replacement surgery seven years ago and it was one of the best things I have ever done. The surgery and rehab is absolutely horrible but once ya get past that.... life is good again.

The products they got out there now will last far beyond ten years. My uppers are ceramic which will last forever. That leaves the lowers which have a hard plastic disc, in a metal tray, that is replaceable.

Anybody that asks me, I tell "em, get the new knees! It is well worth it.

Big R
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Hey OMD, best of luck. Bad knees and arthritis run in my family. Fortunately haven't had any replacements yet. My dad had his first major knee surgery before he was 30. Both replaced now, and a hip. Said it was immediate relief after surgery from replacement. But where I am, it's fully covered. Hopefully the surgery helps a lot for ya!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Hope they are able to fix it! Just heard this morning that old dog is going in for heart surgery on Wednesday which I reckon is probably pretty close to now with the time zone difference.
thepatchworkdoll
Swill Maker

Post by thepatchworkdoll »

tn.jpg
tn.jpg (2.66 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
Hey Guys
Know the feeling here and have the x-ray to prove it
regards
Patch
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

LOL. Nice dick...ed up knee
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

OlympicMtDoo wrote: You're right about them being able to put a vagina on a man but for gods sake don't let them put one in your knee.
You shouldn't have put that idea in my head.
My knees hurt as normal and now I have a backache from seeing if licking my knee was possible.
First time I ever tried that.
Bet I could have done it a half century ago. :roll:
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

Vaginal knee, that's some funny, perverted shit. Would add a whole new aspect to the Rockettes or saying you need someone.
Good luck OMD, gonna follow you down that path someday soon.
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
Coyote
retired

Post by Coyote »

OMD, good luck my brother, If only I could have avoided
about 2 dozen surgeries.

Jimbo get the sawbones to put in new pads if you can
mine have lasted more than 15 years and going strong

Coyote
"Slow Down , You'll get a more harmonious outcome"
"Speed & Greed have no place in this hobby"
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

Jimbo you would be fine. Friends tell me that the docs tell them that extra weight has lots to do with how long they last. You don't have a problem there. Put on a few extra pounds all you got to do is start drinking your last meal of the day.
bellybuster
Master of Distillation

Post by bellybuster »

I get regular shots in both knees due to deteriorating meniscus. I'm gonna look into the pussy on the knee cure. This is the first I heard it was available. It would go well with breasts on the inner thighs.

Good luck with the surgery OMD
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Them shots are dubious at best. Sometimes it seems to offer a touch of relief, most often fuckall of any benefit. IMHO anyway. Now the narcotics they give ya... ya, gotta be careful with that shit, few of those washed down with a highball glass of bourbon and suddenly rays of sunshine are shining down on your decrepit broken old ass like Julianne Hough just landed in your lap, naked, with a big old shit eatin sassy smile on her face.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Steroid shots work for me. At least for now.
Hydrocodone puts me to bed and out of trouble.
If the doc wants me to loss weight, he needs to give me an incentive.
Grafted something on the bottom of my foot, that I'd loss weight to look at or touch.
Red Rim
Trainee

Post by Red Rim »

Just caught up on this thread.
Jimbo you f*cling kill me!
I would like the vagina knees and Julianne Hough! Hot damn!

As for knee surgery, I tore my ACL when I was 20 didn't get it fixed till I was almost thirty. Bad decision. I did way more damage in the mean time. I wore my joints down so bad that they drilled the end of my femur to make extra scar tissue as a cushion. Then like the genius that I am (like f*ing Jimbo) I took up running and ground the rest of that miniscus to nothing. A few thousand too many miles I guess. 43 years old and busted up! Now I am looking forward to my next surgery. A month of pain (whiskey and Julianne will help you with that) and then life will be much better and pain free.

Incidentally, I think I finished mine off while scree skiing down the South Sister. My son said I looked like Wiley Coyote chasing Road runner down the mountain. Hell you only live once! Enjoy it!
There is no such thing as a stupid question....... Unless you didn't research it first.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Red Rim wrote:Just caught up on this thread.
Jimbo you f*cling kill me!
Gawd. Me too. Between "dick"ed up knees, x-rated x-rays, vaginal implants and RD dropping in to express his appreciation for new members it's been quite an evening. :wtf:

tp
Soft batch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Soft batch »

Good luck with the surgery Doo. Been there, done that on both knees. Now I'm in Jimbo's situation - just waiting as long as possible before I absolutely have to new knees.
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

Good luck OMD hope it goes well for ya.

I crashed a motorcycle almost 8 years ago and crushed the meniscus in my left knee and tore the acl. Doctor said I didn't need an acl because I don't play basketball.. (??) Some days are better than others. I don't think it's bone on bone yet, mainly due to an attempt at positive thinking.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

You need another doctor to go along with a new knee.

tp
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Thanks for all the well wishes and the humor guys...good stuff. As I was reading through this thread I start to get a feeling that there may be a connection between makin shine, or at least drinkin it and bum knees or other similar ailments, it don't really make the pain go away but it at least lets ya forget about it for a while. I quit smoking a little over three years ago, about the same time my knee went to hell and between the two I've put on about 40 lbs which only magnifies the knee issue. Hell I gota wear a hat these days just so folks can tell weather I'm walkin or rollin. Oh and happy turkey day that should help in the extra lbs area. Cheers OMD
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

vagina knees is a really bad idea. I only wear shots 3 or 4 months out of the year. I would put it on my forearm. Only place for it. Roll up or down in 5 seconds or wear short sleaves to show it off.
myles
retired

Post by myles »

First time back here in a month or two and see this topic. Hope all goes well and will follow with interest. Both my knees have seen better days, but I am putting off doing anything about it. Good luck and make sure to keep us updated.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

I go the same day to have a nerve test done on both arms and hands. Been getting numb in both especially at night, driving, and holding this damn tablet and typing. May have carpal tunnel and elbow equivalent and I suspect arthur as well. Took ahead on wreck and stiff armed the impact in a '72 Dodge pick up with a lot of play in the steering in 1985. Wrapped the steering wheel around that metal center post and horn cap like a ten speed bike handlebar. Shoulders used to be only problem but hands and arms dominate in that area now. Large protusions in each elbow of tennis elbow. Hand braces at night seem to help along with naproxene 800 mg twice a day.
ga Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

ga flatwoods wrote:I go the same day to have a nerve test done on both arms and hands. Been getting numb in both especially at night, driving, and holding this damn tablet and typing. May have carpal tunnel and elbow equivalent and I suspect arthur as well. Took ahead on wreck and stiff armed the impact in a '72 Dodge pick up with a lot of play in the steering in 1985. Wrapped the steering wheel around that metal center post and horn cap like a ten speed bike handlebar. Shoulders used to be only problem but hands and arms dominate in that area now. Large protusions in each elbow of tennis elbow. Hand braces at night seem to help along with naproxene 800 mg twice a day.
ga Flatwoods

Just finished up with all that shit for my left arm and hand, nerve tests MRI all that shit, ended up with wrist brace and a steroid injection in my lower neck, seems to be helping a little. I screwed it up last May pullin shrimp pots. My cure is a by God electric pot puller for this next year.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

OlympicMtDoo wrote:I finally get to have my poor old crippled up knee worked on, it's been bum for about 3 years now. The last time I hiked up in my beloved Olympic Mts when it went all to hell. Doc is going to clean out a torn meniscus and clean up some arthritis I sure hope it works I hate being limited in my ability to get around. Gotta be lots of guys out there that have had the same thing done............howd it go for you all?

I hated it.
I thought for some strange reason I would be up and tap dancing immediately there after....Took for ever to get my full range of motion and strength back.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Well shit Larry didn't need to hear that but what the hell it is what it is. I figure at this point though damn near anything is better than what I have now. I mean damn I just got done putting the fifth wheel hitch in my truck had to use a step stool to get in the damn bed.