%&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 »

And for those of you who would like to see the national security aspect of it and what was done...;

http://omnologos.com/world-exclusive-ci ... nd-more-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

World Exclusive: CIA 1974 Document Reveals Emptiness of AGW Scares, Closes Debate On Global Cooling Consensus (And More…)

2009/12/03 Maurizio Morabito (omnologos) 67 Comments

An eye-opening “global cooling consensus” CIA document dated 1974 has just been re-discovered in the British Library by Yours Truly and is extensively mentioned today in the (printed) pages of The Spectator (UK) and Il Foglio (Italy).

(updated 20091203 – 1042am GMT – the (suitably degraded) scan of the Spectator article is at the bottom of this blog)

(updated 20091203 – 1143am GMT – the PDF of the CIA document is now available online thanks to Guido Guidi and Climate Monitor)

“A Study of Climatological Research as it Pertains to Intelligence Problems” will make quite an embarrassing reading, especially for:
•the most obdurate catastro-warmists (when they will notice that almost all AGW scares are a search-and-replace job from “cooling” to “warming”), and
•the history deniers fixated on ‘demonstrating’ that a scientific consensus about Global Cooling in the 1970’s were a ‘myth'(*)

And there is more (much more), from ever-improving climate models promising to become good in a few years’ time to the unsettling apparent ease with which Government agencies then (as now) could get scientists to agree on whatever they needed them to agree on.

Nobody aware of the CIA document’s contents should be able to avoid a good chuckle after reading any of the current AGW reports on famine, starvation, refugee crises, floods, droughts, crop and monsoon failures, and all sorts of extreme weather phenomena; on climate-related major economic problems around the world; on Africans getting in climate troubles first; and so on and so forth.

Why? Because it is all too clear that those scares cannot be real, since they have already been mentioned verbatim in all their dramatic effect, but about Global Cooling.

The whole lot of them, they are just empty threats, instruments of doom-and-gloom policy manipulation with no relation to reality.

It is deeply ironic that it takes a 35-year-old document, available on the web so far only in title, to show the absolute vacuity of the vast majority of pre-COP15 reports and studies. It is time to ditch everything we hear about collapsing ice sheets, disappearing glaciers, species extinctions, and each and every “it’s worse than we thought” report by “scientists”.

It is time to become climate adults.

As I wrote for The Spectator:

This might be the most important lesson of the 1974 report on global cooling: that we need to grow up, separate climatology from fear, and recognise – much as it pains politicians and scientists – that our understanding of how climate changes remains in its infancy.

(stay tuned for the full text of the Spectator article, and the PDF of the PDF of the CIA document)

(*) Anybody thinking about Thomas C. Peterson, William M. Connolley, and John Fleck’s largely mistitled “The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus” (Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society Volume 89, Issue 9, September 2008, pp 1325-1337)? Well, think again after reading this little gem of theirs:

By the early 1970s, when Mitchell updated his work (Mitchell 1972), the notion of a global cooling trend was widely accepted, albeit poorly understood

As I wrote a little more than a year ago: “Widely accepted”: check. “Global cooling”: check.. There was a global cooling consensus among scientists, at least up to 1974. And it went on to appear in Newsweek, The Washington Post, The New York Times and many more media outlets around the world, at least up to 1976.

CASE CLOSED.

UPDATED: This is the scanned Spectator article

The CIA's 'global cooling' files (title)

The CIA's 'global cooling' files (text)
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

The studies say pollution causes climatic changes. In the 70s some thought it would cool earth down. Now it looks that it heats earth up.
Anyway, both would be a reason to stop the pollution. But you think it proves, that it is no matter what we do.

According to the information I have, the high temperature during the Romans was only a peak, and it was still lower than today. There are many peaks in each direction.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well lets just pretend I'm completely out of touch and you can't believe anything I say...how about this article talking (with proof) about how the media has changed from a cooling crisis to a heating crisis FOUR TIMES with all the same "FACTS" in the last 100 years.

I hope everybody reads it and understands what the big picture is, there needs to be a crisis, either warming or cooling. Its called "Fire and Ice" and should be (to anyone who doesn't just believe what they are told) curious if nothing else as to why this has happened. Does this not make your spider sense tingle?

http://archive2.mrc.org/node/30586" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

And believe me Dr Wo, I am dead set against pollution, I applaud those who clean up after themselves and vilify those who do not....but I'm not gullible either and when something smells fishy, but your not allowed to look in the package until after you bought it...I get suspicious. And if I'm called a name because I won't buy the package without being allowed to find out what smells? Yes I start to call scam.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

goinbroke,
you started with posting those Time titles to make fun of the current fear of rising temperatures. Combined with a political statement.
Then cranky reported, those articles are not really about a global cooling.
So it looks you want to influence us with faked information.
Then instead of either admitting your error or proving cranky wrong, you choosed to post a bunch of other sources of similar information for us.
Then I found out (at least for me), that at least one of your information (The high temp while the Romans) is wrong, and instead of admitting your error or proving me wrong, you again post a bunch of other "facts".
This makes everything you post about such things untrustworthy. Si I don't want again and again read new links of you. I tried a few and one ask to google or wikipedia proved it wrong. Or it only were information, that it's not sure, in which direction the pollution caused climatic changes will lead at the end. No statement generally against the effects of pollution. Yes, of course, no one knows, which info is faked. And yes, I know this "crisis" argument. You find this theory in different ways (financal crisis for example. There has to be a crisis, that the people accept their low standard of living). And ways you wouldn't like I think. Yes it stinks.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Perhaps you missed the point, the fear of global warming in which I made fun of is the same as the fear of global cooling in which I posted links to. Then I posted a link showing the fear of both by the same media (ice and fire).
As far as the romans, yes it was approx. 2 deg warmer then than it is now, that is why in northern Germany they found buried a few years ago, vineyards in the upper mountains which in no way would support grapes...and yet the romans planted and harvested them there 2000+ years ago.

Read through the fire and ice article and tell me something doesn't seem suspicious that the same facts have been used for both cooling and warming 4 times in 100 years...a reporter saying that he doesn't need to listen to "climate deniers" any more than he would have to listen or report on holocost deniers so he just reports one sided stories....none of this makes you question ANY of the "facts" people with vested interests have been telling you? You don't question anything?

I guess I'm a bit more pessimistic about people who want, no, need, to sell me something.

Now, about the politics thing..wtf are you talking about?
I said;
"In the early 70's (up to 1975) the crisis was global cooling (because of mans co2) and by the year 2000 there would be mass hunger/freezing/rioting/etc due to the lack of food.
Here's some covers of time magazine from that period and the ice-age hysteria that was being promoted then (by some of the same "scientists" I should point out)

Again, if you didn't agree with them, you were a "denier" and obviously evil, paid by big oil. :roll:"

What part of that has anything to do with politics? Or if I'm not toeing the line with what you perceive as the "correct" ideology then I can't say it? There is nothing political in the above statement unless YOU want to perceive that one party is pro and another against even though that would be a tangent to my comments at best.

To comment directly to Crankys post "One of those articles is about the actual winter weather in January 1977, the other 2 are about the energy crisis and oil embargo and not predictions of an ice age :problem: " I read numerous articles from Time (among others) a while ago and remember the same covers of the magazines. I quickly googled for the cover of the cover I remembered the article in and saw three covers together and while they may not of been the exact ones, I posted them. In hindsight, you are correct, I should of spent the time to get the exact month/year cover of the one I was talking about, not quickly grab the first/quickest one I could find. To amend for the error of my ways, I supplied numerous other links from Time magazine (and others) to show I wasn't making facts up or trying to "influence you with fake information" but actually did research this years ago quite extensively. Lesson learned, when quoting an article, ensure you are linked to the correct one.

Bottom line to all of this is, there are many reputable sources which have claimed global warming/cooling and the resultant crisis or catastrophy that will happen if man doesn't do (insert current agenda here)
You believe in the warming and that the world will burst into flame if you want, but what will you tell your kids in 30-40 years when the ice age is about to happen and again the only solution is to limit your personal freedoms?
I remember the ice age stories of the 70's and remember the talk of world hunger, I accepted it as I was only young. My parents had been listening about the coming ice age since the 50's so they believed it....but they never had the internet to check facts with either. They HAD to rely on "scientists" because that's all there was back then. Who in the 70's could even find a newspaper article from the 30's talking about the warming? And why would they question a scientist?

In 40 years I'll look you up if we're still around and I'll say "HA, told you so" when the Thames is froze over. :D
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

goinbroke2 wrote:As far as the romans, yes it was approx. 2 deg warmer then than it is now
German wikipedia says about the Roman warm period:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_d ... %B6merzeit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Die Temperaturen waren danach ähnlich wie die des 20. Jahrhunderts, nördlich der Alpen vielleicht etwas wärmer, jedoch nicht so warm wie gegenwärtig (1986-2015).
Translated:
The temps were similar to the temps of the 20th century, northern the alps perhaps slightly warmer, but not as warm as now (1986-2015).

I know this is nitpicking. But I don't want to search more examples, what's wrong or not in what you write.

The question is not, if the earth cools down or heats up, the question is, if our pollution is responsible for that. If yes, we should reduce the pollution, because any climate change will have more bad than good consequences. And the current politics at least in the US move in the opposite direction.
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Der wo, just to make a point Wikipedia can never be used as a sourse of ligitimate information as anyone can add, edit, or remove information. I'm staying out of this debate but felt the need to point out that accidemic point.

Carry on
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

yakattack wrote:Der wo, just to make a point Wikipedia can never be used as a sourse of ligitimate information as anyone can add, edit, or remove information.
Been there, done that. :lol:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

yakattack wrote:Der wo, just to make a point Wikipedia can never be used as a sourse of ligitimate information as anyone can add, edit, or remove information. I'm staying out of this debate but felt the need to point out that accidemic point.

Carry on
and on that and and every other article, "study" hypothesis etc , unless you know the author personally or were present at said study is no more reliable.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

thecroweater wrote:
yakattack wrote:Der wo, just to make a point Wikipedia can never be used as a sourse of ligitimate information as anyone can add, edit, or remove information. I'm staying out of this debate but felt the need to point out that accidemic point.

Carry on
and on that and and every other article, "study" hypothesis etc , unless you know the author personally or were present at said study is no more reliable.
In practive yes lol.

But I was talking from a.purely accidemic point of view. Having just finished a set of collage courses for work, as long as something is published on an accredited source( I.e. medical journal, science journal,) it can be cited with confidence. It doesn't mean it's an absolute truth, as things change.
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

6 inches of the shit here to
uuuuuugggggggggggg
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

so are you all trying to say that if it's written on the interwebbies it's not necessarily true?

Damn. where am i gonna get my opinions now? Do I have to brain it myself now?

Personally i think humans have about as much impact on the earth's temperature as bacteria on your skin has on your body temperature but alas, I have no proof. Perhaps the little bastards are keeping me warm. Or cool. I dunno.

You know what pisses me off about climate change? David Suzuki. He goes on and on about the gloom and doom and how we all should reduce our carbon footprint and hug a tree.. usually pontificating from one of his FIVE residences around the world, or on a stage in one country or the next. I'm sure he has built these houses with natural or recycled material by hand, himself, uses natural heating and cooling and only travels these places by foot or in a canoe hollowed from a tree trunk. :roll: Lets all send his foundation some more cash so he can continue his good work.

That, and the fact it's snowing here and it's the 8th or April. :evil:

slightly off topic but maybe you get the parallel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nuPlE2KU8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

sorry, can't remember how to link a video...now let's reduce our carbon footprint by making our likker at home!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

HDNB wrote:
Personally i think humans have about as much impact on the earth's temperature as bacteria on your skin has on your body temperature but alas, I have no proof. Perhaps the little bastards are keeping me warm. Or cool. I dunno.

<snip>

Dont underestimate the little bastards, the bacteria living in HDNB outnumber your cells 10 to 1. And collectively weigh in at 3-5 lbs.

And not to gloat about our weather, but since its been shitty all week I will,... look what we have in store for this weekend... finally
weather.JPG
weather.JPG (12.77 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Got snow freezing rain and sleet yesterday... Hoping today is nicer.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

1:50 am and I'm pretty full so I'm not going to comment much. I'll just say Wikipedia ? Really? Lol!!!
Never mind what the scientists are saying I'm just showing all these media have said these things before, 4 times in the last 100 years using the same facts and tactics to scare people about warming and cooling.
Look up time or Newsweek yourself. This is what they reported to people as news in that current day and how if the people of that day didn't do whatever, there would be a crisis and millions would die.

Media said it, it's out there for anyone to research, whole thing is a scam this time like the last four.

Or drink the koolaid and believe them and send your money, in 25 years you can either remember this scam or by then send your money to stop the coming ice age since we're warming now obviously the next scam is cooling again.

Sun came out today, that's proof having breakfast makes the sun come out. I had breakfast yesterday and the sun came out then too, you better eat breakfast or it will stay dark, so buy these expensive breakfast meals made by my company otherwise your a denier, and no you can't make your own, you have to buy the meal at the store or else your a denier. If you question anything your a denier, just be a good little sheep and do what the people with a vested interest say!

Gnight
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

freezing wind and rain no power till god knows when, darn head cold to really set the mood.

https://youtu.be/9SLbEDMZMAk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

Jimbo wrote:
HDNB wrote:

<snip>

Dont underestimate the little bastards, the bacteria living in HDNB outnumber your cells 10 to 1. And collectively weigh in at 3-5 lbs.

And not to gloat about our weather, but since its been shitty all week I will,... look what we have in store for this weekend... finally
weather.JPG

70's here up north also feels awesome, but back to reality tomorrow upper 50's will take it after the cold few weeks
It is what you make it
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Meanwhile in Texas:
High for today was 76°f. The honeysuck?ooming, the bass are spawning, Turkey's are gobbling and the gardens planted. Spring has sprung. Y'all have fun with the snowmen,lol!

As a side note...
Care to guess how much a gallon bag of honeysuckle blossoms,lightly packed, weighs?
Jbt
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

I'll bite, 3lb's?

While you're weighing those you can read an interesting book that came out in December 2016;

Why Scientists Disagree About Global Warming: The NIPCC Report on Scientific Consensus
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1934791598?ta ... -amazon-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
by Craig D. Idso (Author), Robert M. Carter (Author), S. Fred Singer (Author)

Well who wrote that? Some wackjobs right wingers paid by oil right?? RIGHT?? Nobody with any credibility would write crap like that right? RIGHT?

About the Author
CRAIG D. IDSO, Ph.D., a climatologist, is one of the world s leading experts on the effects of carbon dioxide on plant and animal life and is chairman of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change.

ROBERT M. CARTER, Ph.D., a geologist and environmental scientist, was emeritus fellow of the Institute of Public Affairs in London and author of Climate Change: The Counter Consensus (London: Stacey International, 2010). He died in January 2016 at the age of 74.

S. FRED SINGER, Ph.D., a physicist, is president of the Science and Environmental Policy Project and founder of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC).

Oh, wait... :think:

"Probably the most widely repeated claim in the debate over global warming is that 97% of scientists agree that climate change is man-made and dangerous, the authors write. This claim is not only false, but its presence in the debate is an insult to science."

With these words, the authors begin a detailed analysis of one of the most controversial topics of the day. The authors make a compelling case against claims of a scientific consensus. The purported proof of such a consensus consists of sloppy research by nonscientists, college students, and a highly partisan Australian blogger. Surveys of climate scientists, even those heavily biased in favor of climate alarmism, find extensive disagreement on the underlying science and doubts about its reliability."

They must be paid by oil, that's the ONLY reasonable answer, must be oil, can't be anything else.....
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

Yes, Fred Singer, before he founded the NIPCC worked for Exxon, Shell, Ford, Sunoco and Lockheed Martin.

Ok, you don't accept information from wikipedia. But why do you accept information from obviously not independent people? You are really easy to manipulate.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

ahhhh, my ribs are hurting from laughing so hard, stop, stop, hahahaha

Glad your so committed, no sir don't accept anything from anybody other than what the handlers said. Al gore knows all! lol!

Can't wait for the coming ice age in 10 years or so, which will be blamed on co2, like it was twice before in the last hundred years. Oh wait, lets conveniently forget the cooling part, you know "hide the decline"? Climategate of 2009 was it when east Anglia had 1000's of papers released showing david mann manipulated data to HIDE THE DECLINE and show his models were right? LOL!! Hilarious! Keep drinking the koolaid! The same university that went from $400,000 or so in annual funding for research to 12 mil since they started doing "climate" stuff? LOL! I want $1000 to find out why elephants have legs, no...ok I want $100,000 to study the effect of climate change on elephant legs, ok, no problem , here you go! But they don't have a vested interest in keeping the scam going or any reason for inciting the panic and hysterics that they do...right.. :roll:

If somebody tells me its raining outside I might take it at face value and believe them. If they say its raining outside and I HAVE to buy an umbrella from them before I go outside...I get suspicious and want to check it out myself. If I'm told its raining outside, I HAVE to buy an umbrella from them and I can't look outside and if I question them at all I'm a denier...yeah I say that's a scam.

But hey, like PT Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute"

I'm not buying your umbrella, thanks. lol.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

"This is actually a pretty straightforward scientific proposition. The sun goes through natural cycles and currently a 206-year cycle of the sun has ended global warming and has begun to institute a new cold climate period by cutting back on that energy by which it warms the planet," Casey, president of the Space and Science Research Corp., told J.D. Hayworth and Miranda Khan on "America's Forum" on Thursday

Obviously also paid by oil! lol!!!

EDIT: I better mention these are two unrelated things. The quote above is from http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/John- ... id/637524/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
The picture below I just threw in as a funny, I can see how someone might think the two are related and say I'm trying to "manipulate" or something

Here's a picture for you in case you forgot recent history...
Attachments
TIME_ICE_AGE.jpg
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

Yes, there is much bullshit about "climategate" online.
You are not paid by big oil but fooled by big oil... Smarter woul be being paid.

Please mods stop this. Again and again goinbroke breaks rule 5.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

goinbroke2 wrote:I'll bite, 3lb's?

are you trying to say i'm fuller o' shite than jimbo's estimates? :evil: :moresarcasm:

Der, we all know i ain't the best mod, but if GB's arguments are political I'm not sure which party he is partying with. But that said, you seem to be arguing for the other party and want the last word.

snow is a fact of life, just like politicos of either/all of? persuasions will use any popular argument to beat their particular drum.

really what i wish is y'all would start driving more and buy a bigger car. The economy in Alberta sucks right now and we need some more demand to drive the price of oil up...otherwise i gotta start paying more taxes to support the government instead of them buggering the oil companies for royalties. Frankly, it's better them than me :shock:

now i drink for evil.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

guys surely we can disagree even vehemently without allowing ourselves to be overly offended. Fact of life is not everyone is going to agree with you on everything and putting forward an opposing position you hold with supporting arguments should be an interesting exicise not an irritation. There are ideological and theocratic views there will often cause outrage in certain individuals ( should but they do) and that is why those subjects are singled out in the rules. Weather events are not a party (left or right) specific held view nor affected upon ones spiritual held beliefs and so has nothing to do with such invoked rules. You may find the middle left and middle right are more likely to promote subjects like carbon pricing and emissions trading but this trend has more to do with the agendas of the far right and far left and the consequences on those demographics they represent (not getting into the right or wrong of that) :lolno: .
Climate change is a fact, it has always been a fact, can ppl have an effect on that? Dunno maybe. Screwing the environment is tantamount to a pooch crapping in its own kennel that's for sure. A proverb I think is very true is "We don't inherit the land from our forefathers, we borrow it from our children"
As for global warming, I'd find it easier to swallow if it wasn't for all the red herrings. We have island countries north of up being inundated fact, yet the ocean has only risen something like .23 of a millimeter so how can this be. How's this for a theory, just imagine if the worlds crust wasn't solid but a bunch of plates ( let's call them tectonic plates) that are not stationery but constantly moving vertical and horizontal. Those islands came out of the sea and sad as it is are sinking back into it. Sea levels do rise and fall of the vast millenniums but hey so do plates and unlike ocean levels they can move dramatically is a short amount of time.
Melting ice caps flooding the earth : OK well before ya start building that ark take a look at some satellite pictures of Antarctica as since 2006 it has been slowly growing in sea ice to be the largest mass its ever been recorded at. Now some folks will say this is melt water running off the land into the sea and freezing. Give me a break, its like -30 down there ain't nothing is melting that's not in the water already.
Guys that just love this polar ice story try getting a large jar of water put in a Chuck of ice and mark the level then once its melted remark the.....wait no need same level. How can this be when a fair portion of that ice was out of the water? Simple water is denser than ice and the volume percentage of that difference will not displace but float.
This does change a bit if the ice is fresh water in sea water and due to brine precipitation a percentage will be (although some of this is offset by pockets of concentrated brine, salt entering the ocean s from land run off blar blar blar. Point is it would take a whole shit ton of melting and an incredible amount of energy to do it to raise sea levels by any conceivable amounts and this is just one of the red herring that make me want to look outside before I buy the umbrella. That said it doesn't bother me if folks have opposing views and with a solid argument I might change mine :thumbup:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well since I have absolutely no idea, how heavy is that bag?

First I thought it was a "what's heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of honeysuckle" (which of course is the pound of feathers.. Unless that's political somehow?)

But a gallon of honeysuckle? Mm....5lbs?

How come no one else is guessing?

Oh, and crow, if we try really really hard we will find something to be offended about :wink:
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

goinbroke2 wrote:Oh, and crow, if we try really really hard we will find something to be offended about :wink:
well, i'm offended. You dragged this thread wayyy off topic. It's about snow, what would the OP think?? :shock:

Oh, wait i guess that's you. :lol: :lol:

I'm also offended about honeysuckle blossoms in April. It's friggin' snowing here. can't you southerners keep this spring bragging crap to a minimum?? I'm mean: it's depressing looking at more snow all the time.

my guess is 9 oz. where's the thread so i can enter the contest? I think round trip air fare to see the blossoms is a fair prize!

now i drink for evil.
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

I didn't want to have the last word, I only wanted GB to stop political posting here. Perhaps you recognized, I didn't post arguments to prove the human made climate change, I only posted arguments against GBs posts. It would be easy to find 10 times more studies or "studies" proving or "proving" the human made climate change than studies against, but it is a distillers forum, not a politics forum. BTW, where do you know, I belive in the human made climate change? I only posted against the non-believers, not pro the believers.

5. Do not discuss politics or religion. These forums are a friendly place for a community which shares a common interest: creating high quality spirits. These discussions only divide people and quickly lead to flaming and hard feelings.
HDNB wrote: but if GB's arguments are political I'm not sure which party he is partying with.
As long you don't know, which party I am partying with, I can say anything political I want here? Regardless if it "only divide people and quickly lead to flaming and hard feelings"? I see, even mods want to discuss here about melting ice and so on. So for me the case is closed.
Perhaps next "Vietnam Veterans day" -thread I will post something, where you are not sure which party I am partying with...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

That sounds so familiar, and I've seen it played out over and over in the news;
1) We say you work for oil
2) We discredit your source
3) We ridicule anything you post
4) We do ad hominem attacks
5) We physically attack individuals that show up to protest our groups
6) we.....

Unfortunately some think you cannot question anything the leader of their agenda says. You just can't, period. or else.

Getting back on track, its supposed to be warm today which will be a nice change. (4 degrees colder than the average at this time of year, but I digress)

HDNB...9oz?....seriously, I'm that far off? Huh, who knew? Of course no one else is guessing and we haven't heard the answer so maybe I'm closer than you? Hmm, thinking about it, 3lbs in a gallon bag...maybe they're rock blossoms? :lolno:
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

7.5 oz.
Takes a lb of blossoms to make a gallon of wine
10 gallons of wine to a gallon of shine(roughly).
This stuff better taste like spring time in a bottle or ill have wasted most of my spring picking flowers.

As for climate change:
It's still cooler than when dinosaurs lived,and warmer than when herds of mastodons flash froze.
Have humans caused temp increases? Yeah,probably so.
Is it within normal range for the planet historically? Definitely so. Just keep in mind that one good volcanic eruption and it'll be winter for two years straight.
Bigger worry just might be the trillions of tons of viruses floating through the air that are randomly mutating and are harmful or deadly to humans before mutating and that our best defense against is a vaccine that is only effective for last year's mutation.
Jb
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!