%&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:55 am

7.5 oz.
Takes a lb of blossoms to make a gallon of wine
10 gallons of wine to a gallon of shine(roughly).

Wow, don't remember it taking that much but I was a kid then and it was dandilions and a bunch of other stuff we used to pick for my aunt when she made various wines. (still does and turned 83 last Friday)
We'd take buckets down to the beach to pick beach plums and the next day she'd send us out for choke cherries and on and on. She still has her three 15 Gal crock pots behind the stove in the kitchen with elastics holding the cloth covers on.

Man, bags and bags of blossoms to make a gallon of shine eh? This is why if they made it legal I still think 90% of the population would be too lazy to make shine. Well that and, "it'll make you go blind" right? Don't question that either btw.

Viruses, I'm a mechanic who has eaten a fair amount of dirt/grease/oil/garbage in general and I have an excellent immune system. Everybody catches crap and gets sick but I don't. The majority seem to be the ones who are fanatical about using disinfectants on their hands every 5 minutes. There was even a study released last week showing baby's that had dogs with log hair had less chance of becoming obese and developing something else.(my memory is not my strong point lol) But it makes you wonder if we are hurting our immune system by fighting all the germs and viruses for them huh? Course eating all the oil/dirt/grease could be effecting my memory?/... :wtf: :ebiggrin:

EDIT: It was bugging me so I had to look it up, it is allergies and obesity (and mostly theoretical);
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.4060080" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Hows this for going off topic? lol!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
der wo
Master Distiller
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am
Location: Rote Flora, Hamburg

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by der wo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am

Only to pick out one of the gathered stupipedia here:
Guys that just love this polar ice story try getting a large jar of water put in a Chuck of ice and mark the level then once its melted remark the.....wait no need same level. How can this be when a fair portion of that ice was out of the water? Simple water is denser than ice and the volume percentage of that difference will not displace but float.
This does change a bit if the ice is fresh water in sea water and due to brine precipitation a percentage will be (although some of this is offset by pockets of concentrated brine, salt entering the ocean s from land run off blar blar blar. Point is it would take a whole shit ton of melting and an incredible amount of energy to do it to raise sea levels by any conceivable amounts and this is just one of the red herring that make me want to look outside before I buy the umbrella. That said it doesn't bother me if folks have opposing views and with a solid argument I might change mine :thumbup:
Noone claims, that the melting icebergs are responsible for the rising of the oceans. Even wikipedia says, that the melting of all icebergs would only result in 4cm rising.
Only the anti intellectual hillbilly press always screams, that the global warming propaganda claims this. See! Look! Haha! And so easy to prove the opposite! Hahaha!

If you have a glass of water and pour in more water, does it affect the level? So when there is melting continental ice and it flows into the ocean, what will happen?

Or ask your hydrometer for an answer. We all know how temperature affects the reading. Why? Because warm water has more volume than cold water. So because warm water has more volume, what happens if the global temp rises?

Again: I don't claim, that the current rising of temp is man made and enduring.
Again: It's not me who wants to prove something or discuss politics. I only see how easy you are trapped in such simplified truths.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:16 am

:wtf:
Gore never said the oceans would rise 20ft because of global warming melting the ice caps??.....ok then....since we're in total denial there's obviously no use debating it. You never saw an inconvenient truth? You know, the one that a judge had to stop them from showing in schools in the UK unless they read a warning?

http://scienceline.org/2008/12/ask-rett ... ent-truth/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

nope nothing to see here, move along...remember :shh: or else, better still :silent: and remain that way as discussion is not allowed, the global alarmists have spoken!


Oh, and I don't react to "what if" because that would be silly. What if all dogs attacked their owners, what if the moon exploded, what if...etc, etc, etc. The other one is "to be on the safe side, IN CASE" Yes, again we should kill all dogs IN CASE they attack their owners. :roll:

And nobody but you has referenced anything being political. This is just something I find ridiculous, that anybody in a free country with freedom of speech can discuss, no need to take anything personal or get bent out of shape, just a topic. I like v8's someone else likes 4 cyl's....is that political too? Or is it just the uncomfortable feeling you're getting because there is dissention with no clear concensus?

I say tomayto, you say tomahto..do we have to say it one way only and no one can discuss it or even question the pronounciation?

The whole point of the thread was my anger about the snow which wouldn't stop, it kept snowing and snowing and snowing then a plow filled my driveway in again. Go in the house and hear people screaming about global warming was kind of ironic I thought. More than that, it was funny. Then to here them adamant that I can't question global warming while I'm up to my nose in snow is rather disconcerting. Then the snow goes on longer and colder than in recent years and it's blamed on global warming! Ok, enough is enough, I call bullcrap. Did some research and my claim of bullcrap was confirmed, there's more to it than people are letting on, there is a hidden agenda.
Soooooo, whenever I hear global warming (or climate change now so they are right if it gets warmer or colder) I laugh and point out the silliness of the pretense which is built on a flawed theory and has been, repeatedly, for over a hundred years. Again, go read "fire and ice" and wonder (even if climate change was real) why would the media switch sides 4 times in 100 years using the same "facts" and anecdotal evidence? Why? Regardless of whether its right or wrong, why?

Bottom line, this is my opinion, which I have came to after the research I've done, others obviously have come to a different conclusion and that's ok in my book, is it in yours?
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 am

Oh, and al gore said 7ft back in 1985;
http://www.nytimes.com/1985/12/11/us/ac ... shift.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

That's what, 32 years ago?

How much has the water rose since 1909? (since we've had two "global warming" crises in the last 100 years, lets see if the dire predictions they made back then have came true??

Forty-eight-year records of sea level, and other variables, were analyzed for Balboa and Cristobál. It was found that from 1909 to 1962 the sea level has increased by 8.5±1.5 cm at Balboa and 7.1±2.0 cm at Cristobál. No significant trends were found in the climatological records. The increase in sea level at Panama, therefore, is probably due to subsidence of the land.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... onvenience" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow.

The panama canal would be pretty messed up if the water started rising or falling any great amount..but since 1909 and two hits of global warming...negligible movement...but, but, they said it was going to rise, just wait and see! So the first two global warmings didn't do squat (we have history as proof) but THIS one will...trust us... umm...no.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
der wo
Master Distiller
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am
Location: Rote Flora, Hamburg

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by der wo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:27 am

Again you only puke a bucket of "facts".

Gore speaks about ice caps not icebergs. Exactly the difference I pointed at in my previous post. Melting icebergs don't rise the oceans, but melting ice caps do...

Anyway, did I say Gore is or was right in every detail? Did I say I am a believer of rising oceans? Did I say there were never failed prophecies?
I only said, you are way to undiscerning with your believes confirming information.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
cranky
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 5755
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by cranky » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:33 pm

I've been trying to stay out of this whole thing and am going to regret saying anything but I gotta say some "facts" really seem to be getting stretched here :problem:
goinbroke2 wrote:Oh, and al gore said 7ft back in 1985;
http://www.nytimes.com/1985/12/11/us/ac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow ... shift.html
In fact reading the article he didn't say that. What the article says is
New York Times wrote:Senator Albert Gore Jr., Democrat of Tennessee, said he would introduce legislation to expand and focus scientific efforts on this greenhouse effect.
Then it says
Tew York Times wrote:Scientists have warned that carbon dioxide, from the burning of fossil fuels, and other man-made gases, such as methane and chlorofluorocarbons, are accumulating in the atmosphere. These gases trap in the earth's atmosphere solar infrared radiation that would otherwise escape back into space. Projections based on mathematical models indicate the average temperature at the surface of the earth, starting by the end of this century, could increase by as much as 9 degrees Fahrenheit by the year 2100.
Note, it is not Al Gore saying this it is "Scientists" I will also note these scientists are not a Law professor which was used as a source in the argument that "Scientists" were promoting global cooling. These scientists were saying if nothing was done sea levels could rise by as much as 7 feet if the ice caps melt as a result of that warming.

I personally don't care what you believe but when you are distorting facts to make an argument you do yourself and your argument no good at all.

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:14 am

You didn't read the complete story, I just went back to highlight it and the link doesn't work??

I'll find it, I certainly don't need to make anything up, it's all out there for anyone to see IF they want to do a bit of research themselves.
Back in a bit...

Here, in case the link doesn't work again, I found it and just copied everything;


ACTION IS URGED TO AVERT GLOBAL CLIMATE SHIFT

Special to the New York Times
Published: December 11, 1985


WASHINGTON, Dec. 10— A group of senators and scientists today called for national and international action to avert a predicted warming of the earth’s climate resulting from a buildup of carbon dioxide and other man-made gases in the atmosphere.

They warned at a Senate hearing that such an effect, like that of a greenhouse, would produce radical climate changes and a subsequent rise in ocean levels that could have catastrophic results in the next century unless steps were taken now to deal with the problem.

Senator Albert Gore Jr., Democrat of Tennessee, said he would introduce legislation to expand and focus scientific efforts on this greenhouse effect.

Because the rise in temperature is expected to be higher at the earth’s poles, another effect of the climate change is expected to be a melting of the icecaps and a rise in the level of the oceans of seven feet or more

This is out of the new York times, Dec 11 1985
Al Gore is going to intro legislation, because temp is expected to.....a rise in the level of seven feet. This was the legislation he intro'd because the ocean would rise 7ft. More research and you'll find where he went on about this claiming the oceans would rise. (20ft in his movie)
Last edited by goinbroke2 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:31 am

Edit: Feeding info that anybody can find if they want to is silly. I just deleted a post from 1986 saying we'll all be dead by 2000 due to the earth heating up but whatever.

We're all going to die tomorrow unless we send $100...yup, here ya go, now I feel so secure.


at least it stopped snowing here.....
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
cranky
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 5755
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by cranky » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 am

goinbroke2 wrote:You didn't read the complete story,
:problem: Actually I did and you are once again distorting the article when you did this.
goinbroke2 wrote: Senator Albert Gore Jr., Democrat of Tennessee, said he would introduce legislation to expand and focus scientific efforts on this greenhouse effect.

Because the rise in temperature is expected to be higher at the earth’s poles, another effect of the climate change is expected to be a melting of the icecaps and a rise in the level of the oceans of seven feet or more
You make it look like Al Gore said that second paragraph but in fact If you bother to read the article you can see that Between the paragraph about Al Gore and what you make look like the next paragraph there is a whole lot you edited out which says
New York Times wrote: Senator Albert Gore Jr., Democrat of Tennessee, said he would introduce legislation to expand and focus scientific efforts on this greenhouse effect.

At a hearing of the Senate Subcommittee on Toxic Substances and Environmental Oversight, Mr. Gore said his bill would call for ''an international year of scientific study of the greenhouse effect and would request that the President take steps to begin this worldwide cooperative investigation.''

Gases Trap Infrared Radiation

Scientists have warned that carbon dioxide, from the burning of fossil fuels, and other man-made gases, such as methane and chlorofluorocarbons, are accumulating in the atmosphere. These gases trap in the earth's atmosphere solar infrared radiation that would otherwise escape back into space. Projections based on mathematical models indicate the average temperature at the surface of the earth, starting by the end of this century, could increase by as much as 9 degrees Fahrenheit by the year 2100.

Because the rise in temperature is expected to be higher at the earth's poles, another effect of the climate change is expected to be a melting of the icecaps and a rise in the level of the oceans of seven feet or more.
You make it look like Al Gore said way more than he did. By carefully editing what you posted you are manipulating it to look like it is supporting what you are saying and relying on people being too lazy to read it for themselves. And once again you are only hurting your argument by distorting the facts.

User avatar
HDNB
Site Mod
Posts: 6663
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 am
Location: the f-f-fu frozen north

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by HDNB » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 am

so that 9* shift must be exponential not linear huh? I'm asking, since we are 33 years after the statement and it's still snowing on april 12.

GB, where do i send the 100$ ???

I think Jimbo misunderstood me too. I think the bacteria IN me likely does have an effect on the host organism and overall temperature. But it would be arrogant of the bacteria ON me to think they can effect my temperature. I'll just wash them off. likely i'll miss one of two, or be faced with invaders from a nearby organism (imagine bacteria with little space suits on, jumping from Heidi Klum to me...mmmhmmm yee haw!)
Once reinfected they would likely start to propagate again. But they don't really bother me until they get IN me.

That's how i see people, a fairly inconsequential effect on mother nature. When she's done with you, she'll shake you off her back just like dog dander. There is a check and balance for everything in nature. Carbon sinking (oil in the ground, coal, diamonds etc. etc.) has been going on for ever...whatever we do to extract and oxidize this carbon just accelerates the process of sinking it faster. Add fertilizer to the water, the algae grow faster to use it up kinda thing.

If smothering ourselves in smog is the plan mother nature has for keeping us in balance there is jack shit you can do about it, maybe she's gonna drown us with ocean or smite us with an asteroid or a volcano or tectonic plate shift. Maybe a virus (gets my vote) or we actually do fuck up the atmosphere and go subterranean, to protect from space and sun...shit then the bacteria is IN her...and that will deffo piss the ole lady off.

All i do know know is you ain't getting out of this alive. The leading case of dying is living. All you can do is reduce, reuse and recycle on an individual level, not that it will make any difference individually, but collectively the effect of everyone at least trying will help prolong the agony of this mortal coil. (to paraphrase Dr Jane Goodall.)
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.

User avatar
thecroweater
Master Distiller
Posts: 6015
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:04 am
Location: Central Highlands Vic. Australia

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by thecroweater » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 am

Whoa so asking what ya think about this weather gets heavy round here :moresarcasm:
@ der wo do you know the saying "zwischen zwei stuhlen sitzen" :wink:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
cranky
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 5755
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by cranky » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:14 am

HDNB wrote:so that 9* shift must be exponential not linear huh? I'm asking, since we are 33 years after the statement and it's still snowing on april 12
I believe that was the thinking .

I knew I would regret even getting involved in this and quite frankly I don't care what people think but if you want to distort references to attempt prove a point expect someone to call you on it. Maybe the last paragraph in that article is just too true
New York Times wrote:Senator Dave Durenberger, the Minnesota Republican who heads the subcommittee, said: ''One of the frustrations of dealing with this issue is that it is virtually beyond the grasp of human imagination. Despite what the best scientific minds in the world tell us, our instinct is to reject them out of hand.''
All I can say is your weather is local, not global.

User avatar
der wo
Master Distiller
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am
Location: Rote Flora, Hamburg

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by der wo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 am

thecroweater wrote:@ der wo do you know the saying "zwischen zwei stuhlen sitzen" :wink:
"zwischen zwei Stuhlen sitzen" sounds like "sitting between two feces" for me, I think/hope you mean "zwischen zwei Stühlen sitzen" :lol:
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 am

Cranky, not saying your wrong, but I didn't intentionally distort anything. The point is, al gore (who was spewing about this before '85) used the scientist claim to start legislation. That legislation was based on the fact that the scientists claimed that the ocean would rise 7ft. Al gore said he needs to start legislation because the oceans would rise 7ft. He later went on to claim they would rise 20ft. (at one point it was 70ft but then that quickly changed)

Missing the whole point though, the reason I linked any of that in the first place was to show how alarmists have been screaming in the media that the world will end if we don't (whatever). I understand where you are going with it and it does appear I'm cherry picking facts in this case and even if not intentional, that's bad for my argument, understood. My point is al gore is the biggest proponent (and beneficiary) of the climate scam and is just the latest to jump on the money making bandwagon that started over a hundred years ago. I'm not trying to distort anything, I'm just linking to the multitude of stories out there which 20, 40, 60, 100 years later..never came true.
That's the great thing about these scams, say the earth will blow up in 50 years unless you stop using shampoo...in 50 years time nobody remembers so its an easy call. And when people DO remember? just change the timeline and say "not yet but we're on the way" and "we're revising the model to better reflect the current trend" (fancy talk for dang it, you caught us so we'll change it so we're still right)


HD, send the money to "save all the dying baby polar bears foundation" that just by coincidence has the same account number as mine. :thumbup:
Then when you see the polar bear population has grown in the last 10 years not declined like the alarmists said, you can pat yourself on the back and tell everyone that because of you and your $100 donation, you saved the world!

Isn't it great to feel all warm and fuzzy?
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
thecroweater
Master Distiller
Posts: 6015
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:04 am
Location: Central Highlands Vic. Australia

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by thecroweater » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:10 am

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
der wo
Master Distiller
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am
Location: Rote Flora, Hamburg

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by der wo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am

In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Middle aged, middle class, middle white....oh yeah, also known as the tax payers who have to pay for all this foolishness.

Of course we can expect lots of tax money from the liberal arts guys like this who do local theatre with government funding and grants! And don't forget to add white guilt cause that will convert some undecideds or at least groupthink them into shame so they'll cough up the dough. C'mon, gore needs a bit more to become the first ever carbon billionaire!
A post above I said one of the things they use is ad hominem attacks...yeah, thanks for pointing out the hypocracy, lol.

I think these guys confused who they are angry with and who's footing their bills.

Funny video though, they covered all the typical scapegoats for everything! Lol.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Forgot to add, it was raining this morning which obviously meant there would be world wide flooding but luckily it stopped around noon, so now obviously we're going to have a drought!


Aaaahhh! Crisis, crisis! Quick send money or it won't stop raining...oh, whew, somebody must of sent a cheque, thanks!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
HDNB
Site Mod
Posts: 6663
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 am
Location: the f-f-fu frozen north

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by HDNB » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:00 pm

After listening to the Geo Carlin bit and rereading my post...you'd almost think i'd seen that before.

ahhh..what the hell, may as well take the dogma from satirical hyperbolic comedy. good a place as any. At least ya die laughing. :lol: :lol:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.

User avatar
thecroweater
Master Distiller
Posts: 6015
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:04 am
Location: Central Highlands Vic. Australia

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by thecroweater » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:10 pm

when I was young mum would red to us every night often poetry and quite often bush (rural Aussie) poems. With all this talk one is flooding back to me.
For those interested in a smile at human nature google "Said Hanrahan"
@ der wo laughed til I near wasser furz , yeah here that would have been written stuehlen by the old folks to indicate the difference, the placed an "e" after the vowel but I wondered if that was just an Aussie German thing. Hell maybe the first translation is best, could be both auguements do exhibit a certain aroma :lol:
Anyways , it is a nice day on this my birthday. So I will be picking up my child red to spend the day with them in the mountains so presently I am greatful for the unclouded day
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Well happy birthday then Crow, have a great day with the family!

Hope you get to sit on your heel and chew a piece of bark! :lol:
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
der wo
Master Distiller
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am
Location: Rote Flora, Hamburg

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by der wo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:36 am

derkrähenesser,
don't get lost today zwischen zwei Schnäpsen... :lol:
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:01 am

zwei Schnäpsen? ich haben zwei gross beer bitte!

mmm Riegler, my favourite, from Riegel am Kaiserstuhl just south of Lahr. Best beer in the world imho.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
der wo
Master Distiller
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am
Location: Rote Flora, Hamburg

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by der wo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:25 am

tres bien, exquisement, enpanne2!
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 am

Aah, vous parle francais? Tres Bien pour vous aussie!



ولكن يمكنك التحدث باللغة العربية ?
Walikun yumkinuk alttahadduth bialllughat alearabia?
(I think I butchered that but I can't speak English very well either lol)
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 am

Oh and in case anyone is having a crisis withdrawl..


Half of All Children Will Be Autistic by 2025, Warns Senior Research Scientist at MIT

AAAHHHH!!!!
http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/mit-re ... m-by-2025/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Now I would think they would realise correlation does not automatically imply causation and "round up" has been banned here locally, probably for good reason...but the scare mongering tactic's drives me up the wall.
In 8 years 50% of all kids born will be autistic??? SERIOUSLY???

50%!!

love this;
At a [recent] conference, in a special panel discussion about GMOs, she took the audience by surprise when she declared, “At today’s rate, by 2025, one in two children will be autistic.”
Ok, so they were at a conference which specifically was held to slam GMO's and more importantly Monsato (you know the big evil company that must be evil because..well, it's big)...and she blurts out after the full blown feeding frenzy of hysteria that "one in two will be autistic"....nothing like alarmism to step up the on going battle against GMO's huh?

Now, full disclosure, I don't care either way and if they ban GMO's, good for them, don't really care, haven't even done more than minimal research into it...but the alarmism to get what they want is what concerns me. If you don't follow what I say....EVERYONE WILL DIE BY TOMORROW!!!! so you better act now...Really???

8 years is a blink of an eye, it'll be here before people's lease on their new truck is barely over, and yet 50% of kids born will be autistic?
Only one way to ensure that happens, ensure the quantifiers to be included as "autistic" as opened way up so anything can be included. "little Johnny didn't speak until he was 13 months? AUTISTIC!" or "Little Sally doesn't like to play with the other kids? AUTISTIC" Then they can claim they were right. (and even more will line up to be taken care of by tax $$)

Lets say all this GMO stuff is all real, ignore the wheat that is hardier and can grow faster/better etc, lets say GMO's are really bad, is the alarmism the best way to spread the word to the general population?
Roundup has been used for 40 years now....but suddenly within the next 8 all hell will break loose? Stop everything with corn in it, shut down the industry! aahh! Umm, that's pretty much everything we consume..in North America...RICH North America I might add ...umm...yeah ya think that might be the point? Why do I think monsato would get a pass if it voluntarily paid autism credits? You know, send money from rich NA to poorer parts of the world? Transferring wealth from rich to poor...

Like I said, given the choice, I'd rather not eat crap that can hurt me or my family, if this does, then lets get rid of it same as they did with hydrogenated fats and oils which proved (while profitable) dangerous for consumption. But don't scream at me that I better stop eating hydrogenated fats or everyone I know will be dead by next Tuesday. :roll:
And yes in back to back tests with an independent reviewer it was proven that the oils are bad, so legislation was enacted to limit it. I still see "non-hydrogenated oils" in the ingredients of the margarine I buy and "hydrogenated oils" in the ingredients I don't buy, but that's MY (informed) choice. (side note, the tests and base data were available to anyone to see and question and even test themselves, everything was open and still available today)

Anybody here going to stop eating (or drinking) anything with corn in it so your kids won't be autistic in 8 years? (and look at the list of what corn, corn syrup, corn extracts are in)
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
der wo
Master Distiller
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am
Location: Rote Flora, Hamburg

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by der wo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:47 am

goinbroke2 wrote:...Monsato (you know the big evil company that must be evil because..well, it's big)
I don't know if it's evil now. But I promise you it will be really evil, when the Germans have buyed it. :twisted: Half of the children will not be enough.
BTW they pay 66 Billion $. Six-six :esurprised:
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Meh, 66 billion here, 66 billion there, first thing you know though you'll be talking real money! :lol:
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

User avatar
cranky
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 5755
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by cranky » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Yep, Monsanto is Evil, Bayer, the company you trust, has been made evil by buying Monsanto, and You Goingbroke2 are particularly evil :evil: but I have a deal for you, send me $100 within 3 days and I will absolve you of all that evil :ebiggrin:

Now getting back on topic, I had to scrape my windshield 2 days ago :( but fortunately it seems it didn't hurt the fruit trees which are just starting to bloom.

User avatar
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by goinbroke2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Well tonight on the news it said newfoundland is getting another 25cm and Alberta/Man/Sask are all under storm warning tonight. Not northern mind you, but across the middle of the provinces. Possible heavy snowfall.

Figure by another month or two all the snow should be pretty much gone! :thumbup: (right now we've got snow banks in the ditches)

Might have to put snow tires on the dragster! :lolno:

Well I got the $100 cheque made out and I felt so much better I ripped it up...now I feel bad again... :cry:
Last edited by goinbroke2 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

Post Reply