What are you guys getting for christmas?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

MisterSteve124
Site Donor
Site Donor

What are you guys getting for christmas?

Post by MisterSteve124 »

Well on my list this year for my new hobby is a new fermenter, racking cane, new alcoholmeter, history channel distilleries 2 dvd and a few other small things.
new_moonshiner
Trainee

Post by new_moonshiner »

I'll most likely get same as last year.. Socks and Sex, and neither was a perfect fit.. :D :D :D
BW Redneck
Trainee

Post by BW Redneck »

My friends are going to drain me a keg and give it to me for Christmas. They get the beer, I get the keg, we share the liquor. It's a win, win, win situation! :D
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with bullshit."
"Don't steal. The government hates competition."
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see"

20lt small pot still, working on keg
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

one thing I am getting myself, is that Foxfire book set. It is amazing the many varied things you find when you read this site. My wife also goes for that sort of thing. I told her about the books over dinner, and you could see her eyes light up.

H.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

A new (and much much bigger!) hard drive, and a new optic drive (DVD burner this time, not just CD burner).

I have also become interested in the Foxfire books, and will be checking them out.

And if things work out, I will have some mango brandy to help celebrate it all. (Setting the ferment up tomorrow.)
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
BrianC
Novice

Post by BrianC »

new_moonshiner wrote:I'll most likely get same as last year.. Socks and Sex, and neither was a perfect fit.. :D :D :D
ROFLMAO,

I'll probably probably get the same.
Still, I need some new socks...........

I'll probably buy myself a hangover.
A bottle of Glenfiddich.
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

Getting the temp controller for my mash room.

http://mashmaster.com.au/p/365439/fridg ... r-kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
CoopsOz
Distiller

Post by CoopsOz »

I'm a youngin', so I put in a order for a nintendo Wii. You would be amazed how fun the 10 pin bowling is with a group of mates sucking down UJSM's all night.
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
Still_Crazy
Bootlegger

Post by Still_Crazy »

CoopsOz wrote:I'm a youngin', so I put in a order for a nintendo Wii. You would be amazed how fun the 10 pin bowling is with a group of mates sucking down UJSM's all night.
Hey Coops, I'ma young'n too! (47 is young right? :lol: )
I hear those things are fun, just don't throw the controller through any VDU's (video display units)

:shock:

But seriously,

Some of y'all are gonna be happy I can tell come Santa time. I'm not expecting much but with the new g/f I imagine she will do something even if I tell her not too.
She's really interested in what I'm doing so I've kind of tossed out there :wink: that I'd like to get the distillation related, DVD's (any of them) and hey it's something to watch together which means time on the couch together so it all works out :D

Now, what everyone gets from me this year is a lump of coal. No *hit, real coal! Some how :?: it came from one of the coal cars that runs behind the building every day. I have a large ziploc bag of it. Aren't you glad I don't have your address?

:P
~ After all these years, a drop in time helps soothe my mind ~
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

Husker wrote:one thing I am getting myself, is that Foxfire book set. It is amazing the many varied things you find when you read this site. My wife also goes for that sort of thing. I told her about the books over dinner, and you could see her eyes light up.

H.
Oh, my, I haven't thought of those in years!! We had the set when there were only three, I wonder how many there are now?

The moonshining, if I recall, was in the first.

I'm gettin' an industrial strength router set-up for my other 'job', piano technology! Can't wait!!

(Last year, I got a sweater...would've much rather preferred a moaner...)
Purposeful motion, for one so insane...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

The Chemist wrote:
Husker wrote:one thing I am getting myself, is that Foxfire book set. It is amazing the many varied things you find when you read this site. My wife also goes for that sort of thing. I told her about the books over dinner, and you could see her eyes light up.

H.
Oh, my, I haven't thought of those in years!! We had the set when there were only three, I wonder how many there are now?

The moonshining, if I recall, was in the first.

I'm gettin' an industrial strength router set-up for my other 'job', piano technology! Can't wait!!

(Last year, I got a sweater...would've much rather preferred a moaner...)
There are 12, but I think the "real" set is the first 8. Yes, 'shine is in the first book, along with hog butchering ;)

H.
Butch50
Swill Maker

Post by Butch50 »

What I really want are a bunch of those old porcelain looking gallon jugs. What I will probably get is a gift certificate to the local steak house. Which is just fine.
Banjos and Whisky, Down On The River Bank
Dutchmancreek
Swill Maker

Post by Dutchmancreek »

Still_Crazy wrote:[

Now, what everyone gets from me this year is a lump of coal. No *hit, real coal! Some how :?: it came from one of the coal cars that runs behind the building every day. I have a large ziploc bag of it. Aren't you glad I don't have your address?

:P
Coal is always a welcome gift to a blacksmith. I'm down to about 700 pounds now, so I'll be needing more by spring, depending how many projects I work on.
Never take off your hat, never sign your name
Dutchmancreek
Swill Maker

Post by Dutchmancreek »

Butch50 wrote:What I really want are a bunch of those old porcelain looking gallon jugs. What I will probably get is a gift certificate to the local steak house. Which is just fine.
Too bad Zanesville Pottery seems to have quit carrying those jugs. Maybe if everyone sends them an e-mail they will do another production run.

http://www.zanesvillepottery.com/bin/ca ... ategory=53" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

The ones shown are small. Until recently they had the new one gallon size for $11.95 but sold out quickly.
Never take off your hat, never sign your name
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

:lol:

Cartoon in today's paper: two little boys in pj's sitting by the Christmas tree, one dumping coal out of a stocking.

Caption: "It's a paradigm shift-- good boys and girls get real fossil fuel, bad ones get toxic toys from China..."
Purposeful motion, for one so insane...
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

I got my wife(lmao) a 47" plasma TV.
I got my kids 4-wheelers.

I told the kids if they didn't behave, Santa would leave snowman turds in their stockings. So, I am gonna put a couple marshmallows in their stockings, and tell them it's snowman turds. lmao

For myself.....not sure yet, Probably a 50"Samsung LCD .
Then I can put the wife's tv in the bedroom.
"Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country."
"The best things in life aren't things."

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"-Albert Einstein
grainhopper
Swill Maker

Post by grainhopper »

Christmas bills.
Read Please, Try it, Learn!
wineo
Distiller

Post by wineo »

Hopefully a card that says,ITS OVER!!! :lol:
Rotgut
Bootlegger

Post by Rotgut »

I got myself a Model A for christmas. So hopefully I can finish it by summer and get in some trouble.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

got myself 3 vintage campers a 14 ft1956 burro 15 ft 1961 nomad and a 12 ft 1969 shasta.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

Got most of the family comin home for xmas. Best present out. :lol: 8)

Specially so some of the boys can help me erecting the walls of the distilliery, Got one wall up and the next frame done yestarday, screw the tin on the second wall and slip the window in, then to start on the front wall :roll:
Frames gotta house a 7' x 8' door as well as a man door and a large oblong spy window that came out of a caravan factory. Got inbuilt venetians and smoked glass outer skin 8)

Then put the beam up for the gantry for lifting full drums from the back of the ute, and fianlly just screw the tin on top.

Then comes the good bit, the fitout...

Collecting a lotta bits already, gotta find a nice pump for pumping mashes into the still though, i'm over carrying all these drums all the time. :evil:

Any hints for something reasonable that's gunna last the distance and cope with some lumps? (240 or 12 volt)
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

tater wrote:got myself 3 vintage campers a 14 ft1956 burro 15 ft 1961 nomad and a 12 ft 1969 shasta.
My old man had a '69 Shasta when I was a kid. We took it all over the place, then he traded it in for a Cobra Motor-home.
"Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country."
"The best things in life aren't things."

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"-Albert Einstein
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

When one reaches my age one desires nothing for chrismas, However, if one were to push the matter, another fermenter would be bloody handy. :)

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

blanikdog wrote:When one reaches my age one desires nothing for chrismas, However, if one were to push the matter, another fermenter would be bloody handy. :)

blanik
Too many fermenters are barely enough, hey Blanik?
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

blanikdog wrote:When one reaches my age one desires nothing for chrismas, However, if one were to push the matter, another fermenter would be bloody handy. :)

blanik
How sad. :cry:
CoopsOz
Distiller

Post by CoopsOz »

The problem with to many fermenters is you have to find time to run them.
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
rumbaba
Swill Maker

Post by rumbaba »

CoopsOz wrote:I'm a youngin', so I put in a order for a nintendo Wii. You would be amazed how fun the 10 pin bowling is with a group of mates sucking down UJSM's all night.
Coops, I'm 42 but I am getting a Wii from the missus. They look bloody great. I closed myself off from technology for a year or two, and it is remarkable how fast it develops.
Ricky
Swill Maker

Post by Ricky »

i dont know what im getting but i put in an order for them foxfire books though!
Day Late;Dollar Short
bronzdragon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bronzdragon »

The missus and I have set our sights on upgrading our surround sound set-up. We recently got a new Sony Bravia flatscreen. So, I'm going to get a HD-DVD player and new 7.1 surround receiver. During the holidays they usually have some killer deals ... we're just waiting to pounce on one.

My wife knows better then to get me brewing/distilling stuff. I take care of all my supply ordering. She just does the tasting! :)

~r~
"If it weren't for the alcohol, beer would be a healthfood."
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

punkin wrote:How sad. :cry:

Not really punkin. What can you give to someone who has everything, including a 1970 Volkswagen Kombi. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmmm, except maybe a course in keeping a 1970 Kombi running?

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.