900,000 pending applications for VA care found

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goose eye
Master of Distillation

900,000 pending applications for VA care found

Post by goose eye »

1- each GI - expendable

You mite not like what we did or what we do but by God shame on the leaders
that throw us away for following orders when they set the policy.

Someone help me out an post article . Ole boy ain't that good with this machine

So I'm tole
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 900,000 pending applications for VA care found

Post by bearriver »

You'll probably like this song. Bit at the end is pretty powerful... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOyqfQDKX7A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

God bless our men and women in the military.
Last edited by bearriver on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09 ... are-at-va/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... g-disgrace" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

The second article is about the topic.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
WhiteDevil504
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WhiteDevil504 »

Perhaps worse than the 900k pending....

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=61696" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

This whole VA institution needs to be gutted and rebuilt. The disability and compensation arm is broken, many other departments are equally broken.... There are some great providers, and a few great locations but by and large this system is broken.... Meanwhile they raided the tricare surplus while defunding and adding bottle necks in the "system of care" to wait people out. I am fortunate to have great employer supplied healthcare but there are thousands upon thousands of vets who aren't as lucky and it's unacceptable......

I'll go out my soapbox back in the basements now sorry....
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

you know how you can tell when the gubberment is lying to you?....
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

They say something
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

You got people with the best intentions acting on behalf of those with the worst intentions. The two are irreconcilable, yet somehow indistinguishably part of the same system. It's no surprise that so many are having a hard time mentally coping after returning from service. Come home to discover the propaganda isn't what they said it was...

The least we can do as a country is try to address the mess WE made. Healthcare is considered a human right for everyone in many developed countries. Yet somehow here in America even our soldiers go without the basic medical care they desperately need, sometimes for their literal survival. Read into that what you will.

Meet the Anti-Spiderman. All the power with none of the responsibility.

My uncle and brother in law are both forever scarred by their service. You think they get the help that they need to deal with those wounds? Heck no. More like a monthly prescription of pain pills in the mail box, have a nice day.
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

We've been treating our Vets shamefully for the last 5 decades or so and it looks like we're going to continue. Treat a politician like that and you'd go to prison.
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

This thread is hard for me as my dad served in London England during the night raids of WWII. In 1981 he went to the VA hospital complaining of chest pains. It took them a year to figure out he had cancer and he died in 1983. For me I have health insurance and will never step foot inside a VA hospital for treatment. One of the hard things I witnessed in the VA hospital was how many of my fellow Vietnam Vets were living in their care messed up due to agent orange.
RevSpaminator
Swill Maker

Post by RevSpaminator »

I wish more people would talk about these problems before we allow corrupt politicians to send our kids out to die...for a lie. How many Vietnam vets did we watch get kicked to the edge of society for the same kind of politics?
Instead we are told that the people who question our leaders are bad and don't support our troops.
Snake Oil Whiskey And Miracle Elixir - It'll cure ya or kill ya.
MashMaker
Swill Maker

Post by MashMaker »

Just a little personal note on this subject.
I served from 82-91 I ended up getting out because I had a kid coming and didn't want to be gone when she was born.
Anyway I got a bad infection that ended up in my heart damaging the valves while serving. Skip forward 2013 I can no longer work and I need valve replacement surgery due to that infection and the VA does the surgery. Two weeks after surgery I get a call saying VA will no longer provide me with medical care because my wife makes over 45k a year. I'm still laying in bed recovering from the sugary WTF!!!
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

It's been suggested that Vets be given vouchers to be used to seek their own medical help, but then, that might make too much sense. We must protect the bureaucracy at all cost.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

Born and raised by a paralyzed Vietnam Vet service yrs 63-65, have seen and heard all the BS he had to go through to try and live a "normal" life,and get help and Medical care,was a battle then,dont seem lessons learned yrs ago help now,hope to see changes in the system and will be supporting to the best of my ability,supporting the Former,present, and future Vets of our government forces!
It is what you make it
MashMaker
Swill Maker

Post by MashMaker »

It's been my observation that our WWII veterans received very good and hassle free medical care after there service for the reminder of there lives. It's been a quiet different experience for those that served after them. My experience comes from family. Two Grandfather's WWII, Three Uncles Korea, Father and Uncle Vietnam, Myself the Gulf, everyone listed here had life long complications due to service in their campaigns and the only ones that didn't have to fight the VA for proper medical care where the ones that served during WWII. Is it a sign of the times, is it a sign of public support for the service Era, or is it a sign of political buracrats forcing there agendas. I don't know the answer and I don't really care at this point but we have a hole new generation of veterans coming home from God forsaken places in the world that have been doing our bidding and deserve far more support than their fathers have gotten!!!!!!!
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

I've been 100% disabled since the turn of the century and I can objectively state without fear of contradiction, the treatment you receive is in direct correlation to the facility you go to. Oregon sucks, but, they have a 60 mile distance limit ( you have to live within that limit to be limited to VA care),before you have a "fee basis" card. That gives you permission to go to any local physician or clinic for your care. I now live in Idaho and the Fort Boise facility is a top of the line hospital and well staffed. Most vet's are now entitled to that "fee basis" card with different mileage restrictions. This year I had prostate cancer (think agent orange), and the VA wanted me to go to the Seattle VA hospital (500 miles away), to have the surgery performed, just in the nick of time I received my "fee basis" card and had it here in Boise. The system does need an overhaul, but not everywhere. If they would emulate the good examples set by some of the centers and get rid of the dead weight beaurocrat's, bean counters and outright thieves' we could have a VA system that would be enviable around the world.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Ain't gonna get into this an that but 70 % an you get
free health care. Suppose to be service connected
Injures or sickness an they will cover them but nothin else.
problem with us old folks is there was a fire an or they just
lost em. To prove your case you need proof.
I ain't gonna say nothin be the va ain't your friend.
Read up on how they got bonuses. .
They send paper you send paper. Don't give up.

So I'm tole
WhiteDevil504
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WhiteDevil504 »

Goose if it makes you feel better they also make it tough on those that weren't effected by the St. Louis fire.... I am too lazy to drag out the soapbox but I maintain that the whole system is broken and needs to be fixed... Had high hopes for the new top dog at the VA (did great stuff for P&G) but so far he's been a steaming pile of disappointment...if they ever have a write in campaign I will nominate you goose...if for no other reason than to see you draft your mission statement in Gooseinese (trademarked). :)
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

Exactly Goose.....DON'T GIVE UP!! Even with all my broken wore out shit and a DD214 in hand, it was no walk in the park!!! One thing that helps greatly, is to enlist the help of an "advocate", such as the VFW, American Leigon....crap, I can't remember the others. Call post military groups, they'll help all they can to set you up with the right folks.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
frodo
Distiller
Location: hiding behind a pine tree. bout 100 miles east of new orleans

Post by frodo »

I have the solution

I think that Congressmen and senators should have the EXACT same medical Benefits as VETS

They all see the doc at the VA
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

sounds sadly like here, last budget they announced a fifty percent increase in defence spending, ok fine but its being funded by a 50% decrease in veterans affairs :wtf: . Simply isn't moral or just , you could argue well we got universal health cover over this ways yeah true but its not specialized for vets and our mental health services are inadequate to say the very least
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

I don't go to the Va for nothing. All they want to do is shove pain pills down my throat.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

A sad sad state of affairs. The people prepared to give everything for their country, have to be prepared to get nothing back for their sacrifice. I hate politicians! " Creams not the only thing that rises to the top, some turds float too" my Granddad. Bill Langford. Many moons ago.
Getting hung up all day on smiles