Im baaaaack !!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Im baaaaack !!

Post by Smokey hollow »

Well i oh a bunch of people an apology and probably thats not enough . To make a huge long story short -i was supposed to hold a meet at my house in august i believe and it went south pretty close to the date . People took off work and planned on this for a long time .. I let yall down . Ok heres my excuse and please take notice and think before you comment . The reason i waited so long to tell yall it was canceled is because i was trying with all my heart to keep the date and make it happen but it didnt work . I got twin daughters and they are 12 yrs old well one is like me and dont get sick much and can handle pain the other is frail anyway like i said long story short we were in and out of the emergency rooms and dr office because of extreme migrains and stomach pain ( she was not me ) anyway it was so bad she ended up on homebound schooling and 1/2 the time couldnt handle that . My poor girl was bad off . Some days she would get a break and then all over again . This went on for months test after test running here running there after all the dumba$$ dr's done everything they thought they could do we were at a point to were i was really really reslly worried sbout her ( somewere at this point is were i sent word that i had to cancel ) anyway again long story short on her second ct scan they thought they might have found what the problem was -and they did ! Thank the lord it wasnt nothing they couldnt fix and they did . She has been well now for about two months . Guys im sorry . Please understand . I almost said come on anyway and just make yourselves at home on the farm but i wont be there and i fig yall wouldnt have wanted to do that to me so i canceled . I want to make anouther date for the beginning if season this spring but we will talk later bout that . Ok theres what hsppened i hope im welcomed back yall are great . I just was delt a bad hand and i didnt get the blunt of it -that poor girl was piked and prodded so much and hurting it made me pissed and sick for her at same time . But all good now .. Talk to me guys and spred the word ide like to see if i still got some good men to talk to lol thanks , Smokey
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Im baaaaack !!

Post by DSM Loki »

Glad to hear all is well now. Hope it stays that way. I know I'm not upset at you, gotta take care of the family.
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Good to see you back Mr. Smokey. Really glad to hear everything ended up OK. We was just certain that you had been run over by the beer truck or something.

I believe: THE MAN IS BACK!!!
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

glad your girl is feeling better!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Good to see ya back Smokey! :wave:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Smokey,
I will tell you straight up that I doubted who you said you are! Smokey you came in here like a whirl wind and the next thing you know you are organizing a meet and then dissappear. In my mind I could see you and a companion sitting across a table from one another posting here saying "Watch this!" to one another. There is not one person here that would not have understood your situation had you simply posted that family issues have arisen and I must cancel the meet. The agony doctors can put people through when they do not kniw what is wrong can be as bad or worse than the ailment! It is good to know they have found it and that now life can move on. Now, slow down a little. Take a moment to appreciate where you are at in life, and here in the forum, and make the most of it. As with a good whiskey, the best products take some time to age.
Just so you know you are not alone, two months after my daddy died we were told my three year old had a Wilmes Tumor (kidney). It took six months for them to finally realize the x rays were showing scar tissue and not cancer. That one year surely took ten off mine! Give your daughter a hug!
Ga Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Welcome home, I figured it was something serious.
Hope all is good. :D
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
CR33G3R
Swill Maker

Post by CR33G3R »

I'm glad your daughter is doing better.
Still learnin...
MY CCVM
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Nice to see you back, Smokey, hope you and yours are all doing well.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

People on forums are far more important than your daughter.

Priorities, man!
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Well thanks guys I'm so dang glad u understand I was pretty worried about it although I don't know yall I still felt like I had let family down but like yall said family first and again I'm glad yall can see that and understand. Well that being said I'm back now and I'm also back to runnin ( #copper1 ) lol I'm on my 3rd run since I got back to normal life again lol and all is well and smooth , I'm going to be doing some research on here to see if I can get a better quality even though I'm more than ok with my deal now I'm sure it can be better in fact I'm positive yall will tell me you will never quit getting better quality and will never stop leaning , just one of those things that you learn something on every run and if you don't your not trying to be any better at it . My first ( since I got back at it. ) 2 was just my regular corn mash special but this round I got a good apple rye mix burping now so we will see what happens. It should be drinkable anyway . One thing good came out of waiting at the hospital was I got a lot of reading on this thing of ours done and got a lot of things to put in play .1 yr wiser 1 yr crazier 1yr better lol HEY THAT ADDS UP TO 3 yrs more experience right ?? Lol naw I know !! Lol ok yall come on let me have it ! Let's hear some smart a$$ remarks I need to laugh !!
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
piratekev
Novice

Post by piratekev »

Family needs before crafting! Glad to hear your daughter has been to the right Dr.at the right time. I have been involved with doctors
"getting it right" just a bit late. Communication skill are easily honed. God bless your family.
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Thanks again men . I mean that too .
john2674
Bootlegger

Post by john2674 »

Glad to hear shes getting better! and Welcome Back!
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Good to hear your daughter is ok.
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Thanks again men