Hats Off To The Old Guard!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hats Off To The Old Guard!

Post by WooTeck »

moosemilk wrote:So rather than thank a few, thanks to the entire forum, to each and every one who has posted, and those future posts
my thoughts exactly, ive take bits of informtion from all over from new and old and have cobbled it together in to what i know now. i possibly wouldnt still be here with out some of the guys that stated out around the same time as me or the folks that hang out in off topic having fun and joking around.
stoker
Distiller

Post by stoker »

I'm happy to see this platform is still alive and kicking!

This must be my first post in 15 years :D
-I have too much blood in my alcohol system-
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

stoker wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:34 am I'm happy to see this platform is still alive and kicking!

This must be my first post in 15 years :D
around 11 years good to see ya back .
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

So many people have gone into making this site what it is. I can never repay people for the body of knowledge!

Tony did start the site, but it was rewritten by my friend who I believe has passed away, and of course Husker did a ton of work on it. I'm not good with PHP which is why I have such a hard time modifying it. The data there was very old, dating back to the mid 90's. I prefer the wiki since anybody can edit it to improve or add things. Or to correct things which is even better.

Hard for me to even remember all the greats who have come and gone.

What about The Chemist? That dude was very knowledgeable. And of course so many of the names already mentioned. I'm humbled when I go through and read what others have done.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Avo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Avo »

I picked up on 'The Chemist' after browsing, and enjoyed a lot of his comments & respected his knowledge.
I Read through a lot of his post's a while back today. He had a great sense of humour too. I was saddened to
see his posts cut short a good few years ago. I guess he was another 'One off'' character, and the mould has
since been broken.
Sungy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Sungy »

WOW. I got to this party too late. This place is the best and the founders and all who have contributed to the site should be praised for leading us all down the right path. Thanks for pushing me to make a great still Mr PP, Samohan, Mulekicker, pintoshine, emptyglass,HookLine, Odin and who can forget Rad and his calculators I use often. These people and so many more helped me to succeed. Thank you.