online poker

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Jetzon
Swill Maker

online poker

Post by Jetzon »

I thought maybe we could get a table with a few of us here playing some
"Free" online Texas Hold'em. I play at party poker and Full tilt..
How many people would be interested?
PM me if your willing to Lose some fake chips :lol:

*** If Mods here think its a bad idea, Please say so***
Keep on Keeping on...
gs_moonshine
Bootlegger

Post by gs_moonshine »

I'm on ultimate bet, poker stars, and carbon poker. I didn't think usa players could play on party poker anymore, unless your not in the US.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

US can not play on PP. (they can on the free tables, I think). I pulled the last of my money from PP last fall. Quite a shame, as there were boat loads of fish on that site.

I play about 20-30 hours a week of online poker, so I am in.

H.
Grayson_Stewart
retired

Post by Grayson_Stewart »

That makes two mods...and I've played online with Tater as well. Count me in.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Gray,

I figured a go for u and tater. Does holy play?

H.
As-Ol-Joe
Swill Maker

Post by As-Ol-Joe »

I'm in, I play on poker stars.
You WILL get addicted to this forum.

The Parent site is REQUIRED READING!!!
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Moonshining, gambling... All that's left to complete the scene is an online whorehouse. Though I am not sure how that would work.

:wink:
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

HookLine wrote:Moonshining, gambling... All that's left to complete the scene is an online whorehouse. Though I am not sure how that would work.

:wink:
Reckin ya have to start that by hand hookline :D Count me in on the poker
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Gimp
Novice

Post by Gimp »

I'd be in for some Poker :)
gs_moonshine
Bootlegger

Post by gs_moonshine »

They have the online whorehouses to boot too. ON second life and red light center :D
LeftLaneCruiser
Swill Maker

Post by LeftLaneCruiser »

I never reject a game of poker. Especially with like-minded.
8)
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

I know there are "private" passworded games on Pokerstars. Does anyone know how to get one of these things setup?

H.
cannon.co.tn
Swill Maker

Post by cannon.co.tn »

I'm in
I make my own beer
and wine
Some hits the still
for 'shine
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

I have found this on the Full Tilt web site:
Filter the available tournaments by clicking the sub-tabs in each category. Tournaments:
Click All to see all tournaments.
Click Cash to see all cash tournaments.
Click Satellites to see only satellite tournaments.
Click Private to see only private tournaments. These are tournaments set up by users who have emailed support requesting a private tournament.
Click Custom to display a customized sub-set of tournaments. You can change which types of tournaments are displayed by clicking the Edit mini-tab on the right.
In addition to these tabs, other tabs may appear which display tournaments related to specific events, such as the WSOP or Aussie Millions.

Sit & Gos:
So it sounds like this could be a go on FTP.

I have not sent an email yet, as I would like to get more feed back from people who would be interested in playing. Some things that need answering.

1. When (date and time). I think a Saturday would be best. We have folks from the states, from AU, and from EU. Thus, trying to get the absolute best time for everyone will not be easy.

2. What game, I think Limit or NL hold'em, and possibly a double stack would be nice. That would allow a lot more game play.

3. What buy in?

4. Should we shoot for a one-time tourney, or look at setting it up monthly or bi-monthly?

5. How many players? At this time, there are 10 replys. Now it is possible that not all will play (for many reasons). But in the same thought path, there will be many others who have not yet posted that might play. I figure setting a 50 person limit should be MORE than adequate. I would hope we have at least 9 (1 table).

6. Should we set this up as 6-table or 9-table?

7. Other ideas.

I think this will be a nice way to do this. I have put together tourneys before, and the bummer thing for the event host, is he/she is SO busy, that there is NO chance to play. In this setting, the web site handles all the mundane tournament crap, so whoever sets it up will be able to play also.

H.
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Full tilt is fine with me Husker. The time might be a little hard due to where everybody is at. I would think 9 person table, depends how many play to. Sounds like theres enough. My vote is No-limit and more like a tourney, Maybe have another table open for when your out you can play at.
Saturday night is good with me.. Sounds like you've done this before..
I'm in either way you decide.. Pick a poker site and the time and I'll be there!
Keep on Keeping on...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Chatted a bit with tater about this. It might also work, to simply make a common time, and then simply have a "known" ring table that people here simply sit down and sit out, if need be, until the people of the forums own the whole table.

That way, it could be a play money table, a smaller limit table, or even a moderate or higher dollar table. People can pick and chose which game (if any) to play in. Doing it that way requires no coordination with the poker site. Simple coordination with a post (or IM's) would inform ppl that a table of HD's was forming.

H.
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Maybe set up a poll here. Who's willing to play. 1 table might be enough until the word gets out. I'll follow this post daily...
Keep on Keeping on...
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

I'm one of the ones that's sitting back and may play after it's up and running depending on the site, time and wether it's play or real money (tore up my credit card and haven't ever played for real money on the net).

But Husker is right, i believe there'd be others besides me watching with some interest. :wink:
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

I only play for free chips. Never played online for real money.. I enjoy playing Real money with Real people :lol: Like Husker said maybe have several tables setup there. One free one Real money maybe a No limit and a Pot limit table.
Keep on Keeping on...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Jetzon wrote:I only play for free chips. Never played online for real money.. I enjoy playing Real money with Real people :lol: Like Husker said maybe have several tables setup there. One free one Real money maybe a No limit and a Pot limit table.
If you set them up as a "designated" ring game, then you are ad-hoc about it, and can do this any time ppl want to get together.

H.