removing location from pictures

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

nuntius01
Rumrunner

removing location from pictures

Post by nuntius01 »

here is a good reference for persons trying to make sure pictures dont have location data.

How Do I Get Rid of EXIF Metadata?

Windows Explorer makes it easy to delete EXIF metadata from one photo or an entire batch of photos at once. Follow these steps:

Open the folder containing your image files.
Select all the files you want to delete EXIF metadata from.
Right-click anywhere within the selected fields and choose “Properties.”
Click the “Details” tab.
At the bottom of the “Details” tab, you’ll see a link titled “Remove Properties and Personal Information.” Click this link.
Windows will ask whether you want to make a copy of the photo with this information removed, or if you want to remove the information from the original. Choose the option you prefer and click “OK.”
In some cases, Windows may have difficulty removing GPS coordinate locations from a file. If this happens, consider downloading a third-party tool for removing EXIF metadata. Metability QuickFix is a free product that will remove GPS coordinates and other metadata from photos. It’s even easier to use than Windows: just drag the photo files into the program, then click “Quick Fix.” When you check the “Properties” of these files in Windows after running them through QuickFix, you should see an empty dialog box.

Can I Prevent My Device from Adding Metadata in the First Place?

If you don’t want to waste time deleting metadata from photos, you can take steps to prevent most devices from adding the metadata in the first place. While every device is slightly different, there are basic actions you can take to start finding and disabling the metadata programs.

On a smartphone, start by opening the camera app and exploring the various menus until you find the one that controls location. Most smartphones have an option to disable location metadata on photos. If you do not turn on your smartphone’s GPS, it may not collect or store coordinates.

On DSLR or similar digital cameras, check the manual or the manufacturer’s website for recommendations on disabling metadata.
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917