Using Google HD Search

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

distiller_dresden
Trainee

Using Google HD Search

Post by distiller_dresden »

Hey, when using Google HD Search I'm getting results for the site that then direct to nowhere/aren't available; what's going on with that, are they available somehow else?

Is it safe to post an example to one of these? Here's my google search example, and the fourth result is an example of what I'm talking about:

site:http://homedistiller.org/forum "fruit only"

You can go to Google and search that in your search string...
I read, I write, I still.
The must interstitial man no Earth.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Using Google HD Search

Post by cede »

Yep,
site has just been moved to a new server, and maybe uncle Jesse forgot about some DNS entries like t.homedistiller.org, w.homedistiller.org
Those are the ones that are not resolved as far as I can see.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

cede wrote:Yep,
site has just been moved to a new server, and maybe uncle Jesse forgot about some DNS entries like t.homedistiller.org, w.homedistiller.org
Those are the ones that are not resolved as far as I can see.
Actually, unfortunately, the "w.homedistiller.org" and "t.homedistiller.org" type entries are completely bogus and have to do with the complexities of the home page.

I will replace the home page with the wiki soon and the spiders will have to re-learn everything and we will be RID of those bogus hostnames. It's something which has bothered me for years.

Sorry the good search isn't working. The forum search should work better, I think.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Sorry, distiller_dresden, I think I led you down the HD Google Search path. Up until this weekend it was the go-to search.
Unfortunately right after I showed you how to use it I saw it being "wonky" and reported it.
I keep getting this:
spectrum.jpg
Fortunately you CAN get to most specific subjects. But languish on the generic ones.
Just bad timing referring it to you, distiller_dresden. I had no idea it went tits up.