Looking for ideas on Harley mods

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Jerrycan in Japan
Novice

Looking for ideas on Harley mods

Post by Jerrycan in Japan »

I’ve a fatboy 2014 and I’m looking at doing a themed mod job , was thinking of going ww2 direction with or w/o side car or a backwoods moonshiner style .

Thing is military is easy but the latter I’m kinda stumped . Maybe copper everyplace there is chrome and a wood kinda paint job on the frame .

Anyhow thought I’d ask you guys for some ideas , .

If you’ve seen anything with this Kida theme post pics please .

Thanks all
freefall
Swill Maker

Re: Looking for ideas on Harley mods

Post by freefall »

I have the same year Fatboy. I was hard pressed to put bags, wind shield and a new seat on it. I can't imagine getting rid of all the chrome or blocking it out. That's what makes a fatboy a fatboy.
Jerrycan in Japan
Novice

A shined up penny is as beautiful as chrome . Isn’t it ?

:ewink:
freefall wrote:I have the same year Fatboy. I was hard pressed to put bags, wind shield and a new seat on it. I can't imagine getting rid of all the chrome or blocking it out. That's what makes a fatboy a fatboy.
Yeah , I want to put a solo springer seat on but the kids still like me taking them to school so unless I do the old school two springer seat thing . Maybe I’ll go get a old sportster and mod that to be a ratter.
freefall
Swill Maker

Post by freefall »

Jerrycan in Japan wrote:A shined up penny is as beautiful as chrome . Isn’t it ?
Yes..Shiny copper rocks.

:ewink:
freefall wrote:I have the same year Fatboy. I was hard pressed to put bags, wind shield and a new seat on it. I can't imagine getting rid of all the chrome or blocking it out. That's what makes a fatboy a fatboy.
Yeah , I want to put a solo springer seat on but the kids still like me taking them to school so unless I do the old school two springer seat thing . Maybe I’ll go get a old sportster and mod that to be a ratter.

I did a mustang solo with the small pillion for my kids. I think A sporty will make a great project bike
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

I have the solo Mustang + separate pillion on my VTX. I have the Mustang backrest too....it is priceless on long rides.

I just added hard saddlebags and a matching batwing faring. Farings/windshields are priceless if you’re out on the road a lot.

Of course, the crash bars saved my leg as well as the engine when I had to lay it down 10 months ago. So, a crash bar is a great addition, safety-wise. And I’ve added cruise pegs to the crash bar, making long rides more comfortable.

Always wear a helmet...it saved my life when I had to lay it down. OK, I had to buy a new hat, but at least I can wear it!
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Whiskey barrel sidecar
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
freefall
Swill Maker

Post by freefall »

I was trying to find photos for you. There is a local bike I have seen that is decked out like an old mining rig or train. It has wood trim and an old style lantern for a headlight.
Jerrycan in Japan
Novice

That sounds really cool