RIP: Anthony Bourdain

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

RIP: Anthony Bourdain

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

I am not a "celebrity" person. I don't think most celebrities deserve it. But for some reason Anthony Bourdain always intrigued me. I was very sorry to see his passing. He just seemed honest as to who he was, and that was not a perfect person. He preferred the commoner despite the fact he was afforded luxury.

RIP Anthony.
MechEngineer_81
Novice

Re: RIP: Anthony Bourdain

Post by MechEngineer_81 »

I was absolutely shocked when I heard this news. I have watched many of his shows with my wife and like you said he always seemed like a very down to earth, tell it like it is kind of guy.

I am so sorry to hear about his passing.
kindsun
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by kindsun »

I've been a huge fan of his since his first book. I've probably given out a dozen copies of Kitchen Confidential to friends who were thinking about going to culinary school. I'm so fucking bummed by this.

He had what most of us would consider a dream job -- be well paid to travel the world and eat and drink. It's a reminder that depression is a monster that can bring down anyone.

Please, if anyone reading this is feeling like ending it, get help. 1-800-273-8255, open 24/7.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Very sad rip
Beerbrewer
Swill Maker

Post by Beerbrewer »

Seemed like the sort of man who you could sit down have a drink or four with and enjoy yourself. Such a tragedy as with most suicides, it is the the leading cause of death among young people aged 20-34 in the UK and in particular higher amongst men. Just goes to show depression can hit anyone anywhere nonwithstanding your status or wealth. As others have said, talk to someone if you do feel suicidal, friends, GP, Samaritans etc.