not even sure where to pick up

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rager
Distiller

not even sure where to pick up

Post by rager »

whats up everyone. ive been bouncing in and out of this forum for a handful of years now. i just got a call from SOCD about a possible meeting in the north east. thanks man for the shout out. didnt even know you had my number but thats all good. my new hobby has been firing up the smoker on sundays insted of the still. i know i know.....

im actually sipping on some nice all grain whiskey i made a couple years ago and its getting pretty darn good.

quick shout out to butch and his wife for the hospitality the last 2 summers for hosting an amazing gathering . once/twice in a lifetime experience ill never forget.

not sure what ive missed. but i think im ready to get back into the stillin game again. ive got a rum ferment that been sitting for almost a year now. its only 5 gallons but im not to sure what im going to find when i open the lid. last time i looked which was 6 months ago it looked fine. id do one single run with a thumper and and make super tight cuts and hope for the best.

in either case i think im about to get back into the game . i miss it. its been 2 years since ive done an AG mash. because im a man of the people ill give you my recipe. 20% malted wheat, 20% 6row and 40% corn . yum yum.

cheers to all . im looking to catch up with all of you . my plate still is still not done :(
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: not even sure where to pick up

Post by still_stirrin »

Well, you can start by reading Cranky’s Spoon Fed thread hotlinked in my signature.

Just kidding.

Welcome back Rager. We’ve missed you here. Remember, it’s like riding a bicycle...just get on and GO!
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Great to hear from you, stick around, hope to see ya this fall. (Aren’t you Randy’s designated driver?)
Tight cuts, ha, I know for a fact that you are not one to toss perfectly good tails.
I bet that rum is just fine, all the better for having opened it up to check on it a while back.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:Great to hear from you, stick around, hope to see ya this fall. (Aren’t you Randy’s designated driver?)
Tight cuts, ha, I know for a fact that you are not one to toss perfectly good tails.
I bet that rum is just fine, all the better for having opened it up to check on it a while back.
what up MCH . this rum has been sitting for almost a year. if it was 20-60 gallon ferment it would different on cuts. it seems i have time to bust out a quick ferment to try to bring SOCD gathering. or run the rum . who knows at this point. out of all the people ive met , MCH you come with some of the best funkiesk booze anyone here would be lucky to try. i still have samples from jedfest, butch and about 10=20 other random samples i was able to get away with. im better off bringing a single bottle instead 5 meh bottles. happy to bring the fruit loops and walnuts and cherry liquar . I hope you make it.

btw tails, hmmm tails. might be time to check in with HD anonymous. starting to get the itch again

quick shout out to everyone i met at truckinbutch 2017, amazing. i need more gumbo in my life. '

cheers brothers and sisters
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

rager wrote:
MichiganCornhusker wrote:Great to hear from you, stick around, hope to see ya this fall. (Aren’t you Randy’s designated driver?)
what up MCH . this rum has been sitting for almost a year. if it was 20-60 gallon ferment it would different on cuts. it seems i have time to bust out a quick ferment to try to bring SOCD gathering. or run the rum . who knows at this point. out of all the people ive met , MCH you come with some of the best funkiesk booze anyone here would be lucky to try. i still have samples from jedfest, butch and about 10=20 other random samples i was able to get away with. im better off bringing a single bottle instead 5 meh bottles. happy to bring the fruit loops and walnuts and cherry liquar . I hope you make it.

btw tails, hmmm tails. might be time to check in with HD anonymous. starting to get the itch again

quick shout out to everyone i met at truckinbutch 2017, amazing. i need more gumbo in my life. '

cheers brothers and sisters

randys always been the driver, lol. not sure if anyone has got a hold of him.