Tropical Storm Gordon

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Tropical Storm Gordon

Post by Chauncey »

Pontentially be seeing alot of rain here in New Orleans...

This storm is not a major one barring a huge government fuckup as per usual, but it's a little eerie Right on the heels of the 13 year anniversary of Katrina just for bad nostalgia reasons haha...

Luckily this is a sissy storm, the pumping infrastructure is shoddy at best in Orleans parish. Hope all y'all's in Florida who got hit made it thru alright. And all the Mississippi and bama homies hope y'all fare out well. I ran off about 35 gal mash in a couple runs, so got a few gallons of oat/barley whiskey, plenty of ammo, and gas powered range, flattop, and regular grill...even if it gets bad I ain't shook for a min at least. Filled up the whip with gas JIC. Prepared enough for now I feel. so just kinda relaxing and sippin, started a corn whiskey mash, and put on a big ol pot of gumbo...might run off my feints and a half boiler charge of wash but not sure.

I'll report back on the pandemonium lmao.
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Tropical Storm Gordon

Post by fizzix »

If the floods come, stick a cork in your still and ride it like a buoy on out of there!
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Allmyexsliveinhell wrote:Pontentially be seeing alot of rain here in New Orleans...

This storm is not a major one barring a huge government fuckup as per usual, but it's a little eerie Right on the heels of the 13 year anniversary of Katrina just for bad nostalgia reasons haha...

Luckily this is a sissy storm, the pumping infrastructure is shoddy at best in Orleans parish. Hope all y'all's in Florida who got hit made it thru alright. And all the Mississippi and bama homies hope y'all fare out well. I ran off about 35 gal mash in a couple runs, so got a few gallons of oat/barley whiskey, plenty of ammo, and gas powered range, flattop, and regular grill...even if it gets bad I ain't shook for a min at least. Filled up the whip with gas JIC. Prepared enough for now I feel. so just kinda relaxing and sippin, started a corn whiskey mash, and put on a big ol pot of gumbo...might run off my feints and a half boiler charge of wash but not sure.

I'll report back on the pandemonium lmao.
I remember standing in my front yard in Lafayette in '85 when a small one was heading in from Morgan City. Strange sensation in the air.
West Alabama getting rain starting tomorrow.
I'll be keeping good thoughts for y'all.
:D
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

fizzix wrote:If the floods come, stick a cork in your still and ride it like a buoy on out of there!
i got a pirogue like erry good louisiana boy
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

For the members and family in Florence's way:
Stay safe!
:!:
1.jpg