Damn MIce! /other stuff

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Fiddleford
Site Donor
Site Donor

Damn MIce! /other stuff

Post by Fiddleford »

Been a While since I posted anything, and a while since I seen anything about mice.

I got mice and I can hear The dropping my precious grains through the drywall and couldn't find where the bag was till now. I ran out of storage for grain and I didn't anticipate this stuff to be around still so I forgot about it, started to hear squeaking so I go looking open a closet door and there's the sack of grain.. I goes to grab the thing and a big mouse hops out of the fucking thing climbs onto my old guitar case and just stares at me and all I could think is "its to small for the gun" could shoot it anyway I'm an a apartment and my neighbours a cop. I gotta formulate a mouse trap with a old chip bag and.. well a old chip bag

Now the interesting thing is they left this colossal trail of chaff from the bag and the rest of the grain seems untouched either they are going after the chaff for nesting or its getting stuck to their fur. time to malt it then lay it into the grinder!

I've been gone for a while some of you may have noticed because I cant make anything much these days due to my liver having a fat buildup in it from all the drinking Doctor has me fasting which I don't mind much don't gotta spend so much on food :lol:. I'll admit that I may have been a bit of a fish for these past few years and I used to drink it literally right out of the spout back in 2016. I would fill up a 60 oz jar usually around 60%-70% sit back and take a few big sips and watch moonshiners TERRIBLE INFLUENCE gut aches would be common and I blamed them on the flu and food poisoning. I have some Ojibwe in me to so I may be more susceptible to damage from alcohol then most here.

Anyway I think I'll end it there I was going to put up a thread on alcohol related organ problems but I cant find the words to put it the way I'd want it, I guess this might be it I don't know. This post is already to long, Hope to hear from you guys!
Last edited by Fiddleford on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rye whisky rye whisky oh dont let me down
Gunna have me a drink then gambol around
Here's some fiddle music
Pt1
Pt2
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Damn MIce!

Post by Chauncey »

I massacred a whole family of mice recently. .22 ratshot
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

Oh cop neighbor...I live in the hood in New Orleans so a .22 ain't nothing grab attention here lol

Fiddleford
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Damn MIce! /other stuff

Post by Fiddleford »

Our cat is a good mouser and the dog scares them off easy, I find setting up some empty chip bags standing near furniture get them easy, then you just smack to bag on the wall disposes of them quickly

He lives right under me to! know I brew not much else :lol:
Here's some fiddle music
Pt1
Pt2
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

i have a pretty good story about ridding one of my previous places of employment from a rat so big that we had meetings about the yelp reviews left by customers who saw the SOB. im too drunk to type it now but ill get to it tomorrow. this is one of the top ten beer bars in the country too. bottom line is im cajun AF thus cannot be outsmarted by a rodent.

i have had them get into my grain before. i keep it in rubbermaid or sterilite bins now for the most part, and in the sack. i bought a bunch for a move so after unpacking i started using them for still related purposes. and that grain storage is critical because my shop is definitely not rat or mouse proof and theres literally 30 restaurants within the ten blocks between me and the mississippi river so rodents definitely abound.

sorry to hear about the health problems, take care of yourself brother.

fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Allmyexsliveinhell wrote:Oh cop neighbor...I live in the hood in New Orleans so a .22 ain't nothing grab attention here lol
HA-HA!

Take care of your health, Fiddleford.
Fiddleford
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fiddleford »

I wouldn't have mentioned my health if it weren't for a few members who suggested I put up a thread about it to make people aware it can happen, I dont hear about others having this problem till their in there sixties and Im still in my early twenties. I might be one of the youngest active members here!

Good to hear for you guys! A little additional info, if you find you have my problem be prepared for the doc to tell you to cut out sugars and fast. How its supposed to work is during your fast your body breaks down un needed fats into glucose to supply your brain and that wont happen if your eating sugars.
Here's some fiddle music
Pt1
Pt2
Desvio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Desvio »

Funny thing, I went out to the garage last week to get for a run, and noticed what looked like small droppings on the bench, but none of my supplies had been nibbled into. Turnes out a big damn spider above the bench has been taking care of the 'other' pests, bugs!!! He lives for now as a servant to the hobbie.

Fiddleford wrote:How its supposed to work is during your fast your body breaks down un needed fats into glucose to supply your brain and that wont happen if your eating sugars.
To be honest this wouldn't be a bad post to start, myself already being disabled for some health issues, I have already been making changes for better health while still staying in the craft.
People say that I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already f#cked -- I'm just adding to it.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

2018 was the worst mouse year of my adult life. They were everywhere. I started seeing them early in the kitchen, and put out traps. By the time Jan 2019 hit, I'd caught 31 in my kitchen. Never more than 4-6 a year previously.

So far, 2019 is looking better. Only one so far.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

I worked for Chinese brothers in a supermarket in Ingham, North Queensland a long time ago.
The older brother took me with him (I was general dogsbody) to check some small old storage buildings for mice.
Took his cat. 'Very good rat-catcher' he said (he called mice and rats all rats).
Boy was he right. From memory she caught AND ATE nine mice almost without drawing breath!

Geoff
The Baker
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

He he, back in the 80's i had an old place out side of Ft Lee. Did some renovating and left a hole open over noight. Damned mice took up residence just that fast. I remember huntin in my livin room with a 22 revolver and dust shot. Hell of a good time! :shock: :lol:
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

years ago the kid found a deal on dog food and bought 6 #50 bags and put them away.

when I figgered out we had mice and went lookin I discovered that they had eaten

the bottom 2 #50 bags of dog food. I ended up having to sell the house.

but it could be worse. https://www.bing.com/search?q=australia ... 4216bfb104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
be water my friend
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

I've had mice get stuck in the dog food bag. Once, when I had a cat (foolish period in my younger life), mice stole the cat's food, little by little over a summer, and stashed it away for hard times.
First snow of the season came along. I pulled out my snow boots. Left foot was full past the ankle with cat food.
Fiddleford
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fiddleford »

I've came across cats who are either to damn lazy to catch them or just don't give a shit, of course they are at a very advanced age but they will be laying by their food bowl and the mice would come up and take food out of the bowl while the old cat would watch.. That's a cocky set of mice.

Anyway I can hut them,, my cat will show me where they are by messing around there I'll grab the dog's bone and crush that thing I usually gotta chase them around and hope to god they don't crawl into my damn amplifier.
Here's some fiddle music
Pt1
Pt2
contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

Allmyexsliveinhell wrote:I massacred a whole family of mice recently. .22 ratshot
Ah. Fond memories. Reminds me of a hunting trip. Not noticing at first, we had camped near the base of a huge old fur or spruce tree, with its cones, needles and scabs of bark mounded at its base. In the dark, after supper we started seeing lots of beady little eyes poking out; reflected in the light of the campfire. There was a whole colony of mice living under that tree. Little .22 pistols and snake-shot provided us with at least an hour's worth of grand entertainment that night. Unfortunately that was the only meat that we got on that particular trip.
mousetrapsocial.jpg
Omnia mea mecum porto