FDA Holding Back Ethanol Production

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Poitin
Novice

FDA Holding Back Ethanol Production

Post by Poitin »

FDA Holding Back.jpg
bubba
Bootlegger

Re: FDA Holding Back Ethanol Production

Post by bubba »

Horse Manure ..
it may well be that generally produced ethanol is not to pharmaceutical standards , however , the language about children being poisoned by un -denatured alcohol is offensive.. true enough 70% abv will upset any creature but not like that denatured poison ..please all remember the offense by government to the public in ++++denaturing ++++++++++alcohol during prohibition ,,
we all know that story .. don't we ?
this may well be Fake News .. as we have all seen many reports here and on national news about distillers and brewers producing hand sanitizers .. ,,
i saw on national TV thAT budwizer was pproducing hand sanitizer and several on local TV about local distillers ..
jdetechguy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jdetechguy »

bubba wrote:Horse Manure ..
it may well be that generally produced ethanol is not to pharmaceutical standards , however , the language about children being poisoned by un -denatured alcohol is offensive.. true enough 70% abv will upset any creature but not like that denatured poison ..please all remember the offense by government to the public in ++++denaturing ++++++++++alcohol during prohibition ,,
we all know that story .. don't we ?
this may well be Fake News .. as we have all seen many reports here and on national news about distillers and brewers producing hand sanitizers .. ,,
i saw on national TV thAT budwizer was pproducing hand sanitizer and several on local TV about local distillers ..
Agreed. 85 members of Congress sent a letter to the FDA on Sunday asking for relaxation of rules. So far, they have stated that they will drop the requirement of needing tertbutyl alcohol, but still requiring the ingredients to make it taste bad. The rules have changed 3 times in the past 2 weeks. We are making it, and giving it away, but certainly concerned we will be approached after this pandemic has passed. We did obtained FDA approval of our product.
bubba
Bootlegger

Post by bubba »

"concerned we will be approached after this pandemic has passed"
heh .. a long while.. i was disturbed today to +HAVE AN INDICATION+ that that the American sailors infected +might+ be displaying reinfection at short interval.. bodes ill.
how about a potable product .[ i ll drink hair oil ]. Half a gallon +jell Shots+ with pump distribution ..
make it smell clean , wintergreen , half ass palatable ,..
infused with licorice root . i think it is antiviral .. insure product is not sticky so as i do not draw flies.

if you got FDA approval doc you should be good to go.
i resupplied this week , told the man i wanted to see a half a gallon pump of disinfectant on tha counter 70%abv . potable haha.. no smoking until the product dries..
verstain comarade .
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0339/ ... 1589501703
malt_gt_milton
Novice

Post by malt_gt_milton »

Let me see if I got this right.

Food-grade ethanol is safe enough for your stomach. But "the FDA doesn't want the alcohol used for a product applied to the skin."

Well, if hooch is ending up on your face (instead of the intended target), its probably time to call it a night anyway.

mgtm
And malt does more than Milton can
To justify God’s ways to man. — A. E. Housman (1859–1936)
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

Nothing new here, just another example of overreaching gob'mint trying to protect our pitiful ignorant azzes. They are probably looking at outlawing knives and forks and issuing "sporks" instead.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Oi ... just in case some of you fellas have forgotten rule “F”
Do not discuss religion or politics. These forums are a friendly place for a community which shares a common interest: creating high quality spirits. These discussions only divide people and quickly lead to flaming and hard feelings. #
Keep you talk of the government out of this .
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

Yummyrum wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:58 am Oi ... just in case some of you fellas have forgotten rule “F”
Do not discuss religion or politics. These forums are a friendly place for a community which shares a common interest: creating high quality spirits. These discussions only divide people and quickly lead to flaming and hard feelings. #
Keep you talk of the government out of this .
The FDA is a government organization, BTW.
Thebigbrewbowski
Novice

Post by Thebigbrewbowski »

malt_gt_milton wrote:Let me see if I got this right.

Food-grade ethanol is safe enough for your stomach. But "the FDA doesn't want the alcohol used for a product applied to the skin."

Well, if hooch is ending up on your face (instead of the intended target), its probably time to call it a night anyway.

mgtm
Hahaha true that! Your post reminds me of this: lmao

Thats pretty sad on part of the FDA, some other neighbouring country's distillers are making sanitizer and giving it away for free. Im surprised the article didnt impose on certain demographics while spewing their horse manure.

malt_gt_milton
Novice

Post by malt_gt_milton »

Thebigbrewbowski wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:01 pm Hahaha true that! Your post reminds me of this: lmao
:lol: :thumbup: :clap:
And malt does more than Milton can
To justify God’s ways to man. — A. E. Housman (1859–1936)
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

I walked into a local Canadian tire and front and centre is a pallet of "hand sanitizer, 65% abv made by barreling tide distillery.(one of the local micro's about 10 minutes away. I laughed and said brilliant marketing! A quart was $16.99. Nothing on the bottle saying it was denatured in any way but a worker there said she tried it and her hands really stunk. Either they added something or their selling their feigns.

Either way, good for them to be able to no doubt sell every ounce they made!

Edit: forgot to mention, a quart at the likker store is $29.99 minimum
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!