Do you belive in ghosts?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

BoredInAlaska
Novice

Do you belive in ghosts?

Post by BoredInAlaska »

After my house burnt down I moved into another that no one wanted to live in and was going to be burnt down because a tribal member and friend was murdered in here. I've never been a religious person or really believed in ghosts until I moved here. I had a guard dog and a friendly dog that loves people. Every now and then my guard dog would go nuts and looked like he was trying to maul a person that wasn't there, running and jumping at throat level like I trained him to do. At other times my friendly dog would get real excited and try to jump on someone that wasn't there. The elders told me to burn tobacco, weed, good food, and pour some liquor out for my late friend because he loved all that when he was alive. I've done it once a week for a couple years and he doesn't bother me or my dogs anymore.
Dewstiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Do you belive in ghosts?

Post by Dewstiller »

Nah, never had no weird occurrences myself. Those crazy shows on TV after all these years still have caught no ghosts. For me its a no.
BoredInAlaska
Novice

Post by BoredInAlaska »

Yeah. I'm still not sure if my dogs and myself are more nutty than a thought and we're just crazy.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Lived in a house where the former owner was bludgeoned to death.

My wife used always have these dreams there (in that house) that while she was asleep, someone (or something) had both of her feet and was trying to drag her off of the end of the bed.
She'd wake up mostly terrified and scooted/pulled half way down with her feet hanging off the end of the bed.

One night we both woke up at the exact same time because the bed started rattling and bouncing around so hard that it woke us up. No earth quakes in South Florida.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

Yes!

Doesn't mean they are all evil.
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Yeah.. depending on how the person, at the time of his death, was attached to the earthly things, or anger with the ending, they will be around for awhile..

I don't think your dogs imagine those behaviors, and in doing what the elder stated, what you did resolved in quieting the dogs..

What more proof are looking for.. plus the elder didn't question if you imagined it..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I do.

I grew up in a 1920s farmhouse that had a ghost. It never did anything bad just move stuff around and hid stuff. I saw it a few times and felt it grasp my hand once.

In Kansas I bought the house next door to ours and used it for storage. It was built in the late 1800s and belonged to the towns first doctor. Later during WW2 it was used as an apartment house of sorts with 6 rooms rented out a shared kitchen, bathrooms and common room. According to the local kids it was haunted... :think: but then according to them every abandoned house in the town was haunted by a dead ax murdered :esurprised: When I got it the people who owned it before me had used it for storage and left most of the stuff there so I had to spend considerable time cleaning it out. It wasn't in great shape but was usable for storage and could have been fixed up real nice. Sometimes when someone went in there it would be very cold even in mid summer and you got a super creepy feeling that someone was watching you and didn't want you in there. I actually used that to scare my son and his friend but that is a different story but the place certainly looked and felt haunted.

My current house the previous owner died and her family didn't want the house or her cat so they locked the cat outside and let the bank have the house. When I bought the house it came with the cat who has lived with us since. Occasionally there are strange noises and things fall over in the garage for no reason and one day I opened the door to let the cat into the garage to use the litter box. He suddenly stopped short and stared at something. I turned to see what he was looking at and saw what can only be described as an orb about the size of a baseball at knee height above the floor and we watched it as it slowly rose up to the ceiling and dissipated. I don't know if that counts as a ghost or not but it was something strange for sure.
Last edited by cranky on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

I believe
So how can I not

So I'm tole
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

i think y'all should know -scientifically- that ingesting large quantities of alcohol can lead to heightened anxiety levels, altered pain perception, emotional control issues, paranoia and hallucinations (of the visual, olfactory, audible and tactile varieties) among a few other maladies.

not sayin' , just sayin'
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

When the old boys was young they was put in a situation
like that.

Don't drink

So I'm tole
BoredInAlaska
Novice

Post by BoredInAlaska »

I'm sorry for the late reply, but it's because of how slow my internet is. The guy who was beat to death in my house was a family friend. He helped teach me how to hunt and live off the land when my "dad" wasn't around. I want to believe he's still watching me and my dogs. I want to believe he gets a kick out of scaring us. I'm still not sure if he's real, but after my best friend talked to me in my dreams I now believe they are. After that my best friend drowned at 16, I was in the boat when we caught him. He talks to me when I'm asleep. The Elders say it's normal. I'm worried I'm losing my mind.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Why you askin here who don't hear.
I'd go to council

So I'm tole
BoredInAlaska
Novice

Post by BoredInAlaska »

No offense but fuck the council. I'm American Indian, I learned not to trust the government or any council, mainly the Tribal council.
BoredInAlaska
Novice

Post by BoredInAlaska »

If you do look up Holikachuk, ignore Wikipedia saying we're "Yupikized" Athabaskans. My ancestors killed every Yupik they saw on their territory. Other Indian tribes mingled with Eskimos, but the Holikachuck did not. I'm neither proud nor ashamed of it, but history should be written with truth.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

BoredInAlaska wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:46 am No offense but fuck the council. I'm American Indian, I learned not to trust the government or any council, mainly the Tribal council.
No mate, he is referring to therapeutic help. Someone to help you.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

Don't believe in ghosts or spirits? Visit a former concentration camp or the scene of a horrible wartime atrocity. You may not see or hear anything at all, but something will chill your very soul.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I rest well with the spirits that I share my space with . Some are friendly and others are tortured souls .
Secure in my own self I can give them their due without diminishing my self .
Your stick floats where the current takes it .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Beerswimmer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Beerswimmer »

Nope. Imagination is real though.
Ut Alii Vivant!!!!
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

Clean water, unwrapped candy, white candle, blow white liquor over the candle and give thanks. Also open all the windows when someone dies in a place.

I dont fucks w no voodoo but i got a guy for that
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
metalsmith
Bootlegger

Post by metalsmith »

Yes, animals and humans. It has to be a struggle. What you are familiar with, and what is next. ?