Anyone else got the Wuhan?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

dunluce
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Anyone else got the Wuhan?

Post by dunluce »

Uncle Jesse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 pm Spanish Flu originated in Kansas.
Correction: first reported in the US in Kansas. Even the Center for Disease and Control states the origin is unknown.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Dad's father is believed to have died from it. (Spanish flu).

Geoff
The Baker
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

dunluce wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:24 pm
Uncle Jesse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 pm Spanish Flu originated in Kansas.
Correction: first reported in the US in Kansas. Even the Center for Disease and Control states the origin is unknown.
Fair enough, first deaths were reported in Kansas and according to a historian I heard talking about it, they think it was a Kansas pig farm.

At any rate, it's not called the "Kansas Flu".
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

The Baker wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:27 pm Dad's father is believed to have died from it. (Spanish flu).

Geoff
My grandpa had it. When WWI ended he was so ill he couldn't get out of bed. There was a parade down his street and his mom pushed his bed against the wall and opened a window so he could wave a little U.S. flag as the procession passed by.

Found a few places in my genealogy where two or more people died in 1918. I can only speculate.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
dunluce
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dunluce »

Uncle Jesse wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:20 pm At any rate, it's not called the "Kansas Flu".
You're quite right, that's the important point here.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

If anyone is interested in how my closest colleagues were sick here during October to December, 2020.

Well, the office space, there are six of us here, 4 out of 6 got confirmed Wuhan flu.

1. A 40-year-old woman, lost her sense of smell, all symptoms of influenza (except for a runny nose). Pneumonia and severe cough were not present, the perception of odors was restoring for a long time. The husband and relatives had the same, including her preschool child (that had 1 night of fever only).

2. A man, 47 years old, lost his sense of smell. Kinda flu, 20% of lung damage, back to work after 10 days, the smells returned gradually but rather quickly. Funny, his wife was ill for a month and a half before him. And she did not infect him.

3. Woman, 40 years old, workplace next to me. Infected from her daughter (16 years old, just had no sense of smell). Lost nosing, something like light fever, 18% of lung damage, weakness for a week, then was just waiting for the negative test results. The husband and a small son were not sick at all.

4. Male, 53 years old, contracted from the previous one. Just lost his sense of smell. After 2 or 3 positive tests he got the negative one and then just went back to work. To tell truth, his fave sport is alcohol. And he had the lightest case, lol.

I'm 45 so far, wasn't infected. My colleague (man, 40 y.o.) wasn't infected, too. Or we have suffered it asymptomatically. And maybe even last spring.

Well, nuff said, imo. Either we have some special Covid here. Or they feed us shit for a second year in a raw. In general, there is a strong inverse correlation. Between the closeness of the "was sick" person to me and the severity of his/her illness. The further my connection with someone is, the more that one was felt bad or even died. But bad radio in fact. It was turning out that either exaggerated speculations took place or the one was about to die anyways (had severe pathologies). Sorry for such unkind conclusions, folks. Sang just what I saw.

har druckit för mycket
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

I don't like the name "Wuhan flu" it's counter productive in the battle against Covid-19
Some folks like to point fingers and lay blame.
I figure it's wiser to look for answers and find cures.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Let's define the enemy and then choose the weapon...

har druckit för mycket
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

Sister and her whole family had it after getting exposed at a family funeral where they were "masked the whole time" except for that meal they had after the funeral at the church. Hmm. Thankfully they all recovered pretty well. Oldest folks were hit the hardest like everyone says.

Then a month later after testing negative they went to Brazil for my nephew's wedding. He married a Brazilian girl. Sister was just tested as a condition to go back to work as a teacher. She's positive again. No symptoms, but now has to quarantine. We assume it's the Brazilian variant. Brother-in-law works in a hospital and got vaccinated last week. The vaccine just wrecked him, which I guess is a thing for people who have had COVID in the past.

I'm supposedly getting the first Pfizer dose in 10 days. Fingers crossed I make it these last few days without infection and don't get side effects too badly.
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

MtRainier wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:21 pm Sister and her whole family had it after getting exposed at a family funeral where they were "masked the whole time" except for that meal they had after the funeral at the church. Hmm. Thankfully they all recovered pretty well. Oldest folks were hit the hardest like everyone says.

Then a month later after testing negative they went to Brazil for my nephew's wedding. He married a Brazilian girl. Sister was just tested as a condition to go back to work as a teacher. She's positive again. No symptoms, but now has to quarantine. We assume it's the Brazilian variant. Brother-in-law works in a hospital and got vaccinated last week. The vaccine just wrecked him, which I guess is a thing for people who have had COVID in the past.

I'm supposedly getting the first Pfizer dose in 10 days. Fingers crossed I make it these last few days without infection and don't get side effects too badly.
Even Fauci has stated that running too many cycles of PCR will produce false positive results. Who knows what testing was done to produce her positive? I hope you and your family all get through this.
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

I get my second vaccination shot tomorrow, (Thur.) Just wish my wife could get them too, but she's not eligible until the next Tier. And, fwiw, I didn't have any "symptoms" or problems from receiving the first dose. Just sayin'. I received the Moderna vaccine.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Euphoria wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:39 am I get my second vaccination shot tomorrow, (Thur.) Just wish my wife could get them too, but she's not eligible until the next Tier. And, fwiw, I didn't have any "symptoms" or problems from receiving the first dose. Just sayin'. I received the Moderna vaccine.
Got my first shot of same few weeks back .Made arm sore for few days was all it did . getting 2nd first week next month.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Tummydoc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Tummydoc »

First dose of Pfizer, felt like i was punched in the shoulder 36 hours. 2nd dose 3 weeks later, no symptoms for 15 hours. Then muscle aches and chills for 24 hours, no fever. I have gone to work feeling worse, but would have called in sick if that was an option.
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Yeah, having had it twice I don’t think I’ll be taking the shot. From what I read, if you had it and take 1 shot it ain’t pretty, two shots is bad with capital B. Well hell, i guess I've had my two “shots” of the bug. We’ll see....
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

MtRainier wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:21 pm The vaccine just wrecked him, which I guess is a thing for people who have had COVID in the past.
Would you mind to describe it a bit more in detail, please?

Yonder wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:17 pm Yeah, having had it twice I don’t think I’ll be taking the shot. From what I read, if you had it and take 1 shot it ain’t pretty, two shots is bad with capital B. Well hell, i guess I've had my two “shots” of the bug. We’ll see....
Someone, translate it into Russian, s'il vous plaît ?? :oops:

har druckit för mycket
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Sister & Brother-In-Law now recovering from The Chinese Virus.

Especially scary for the B-I-L who spent a couple of days in the hospital w pneumonia.
He's diabetic and it seems to hit those folks especially hard.
Had several other friends who've died, some from the onset and now some who develop flu or pneumonia symptoms after they've "recovered".
My county has a bit over 200,000 population with reported virus deaths of just under 400.

FWIW, I finally got away from all SWMBO's stay at home cooking and back on carnivore diet a few weeks ago which has lowered my insulin.
Also since I turned 67 :x with no immune system, taking zinc along with Vitamin C & D-3 every day.

Got my first shot last week, barely a pin prick with just a little soreness the next morning.
Second shot is supposed to be the ass kicker, we shall see.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

TDick wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 pm taking zinc along with Vitamin C & D-3 every day.
watch the dosing on that, don't exceed daily recommendations (of real MD type docs)

I watched a medical mystery show the other day, guy damn near died with permanent neurological and renal dysfunction and all manner of bad shit happening. final diagnosis was OD of vitimin C causing an overload of oxalates in blood, causing significant renal damage and the zinc was displacing copper in the blood causing the nerve and brain damage

poison is in dose.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

HDNB wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:38 pmpoison is in dose.
+1
Last edited by MichiganCornhusker on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

“Someone, translate it into Russian, s'il vous plaît ?? “

Sorry! What it means is a study has found that if you have had an infection of CV19 you may get quite ill if have the first injection of the vaccine. If you take a second injection you may become very sick and require a hospital. That is just one peer reviewed study.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Yonder wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:18 pma study
Yonder wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:18 pm one peer reviewed study
I'm glad we sorted that out, so infact there could be another 10 studies that find that completely wrong?
The original thread was named "Anyone else got the Wuhan?" maybe we should stick to that subject instead of speculating about possible cures/ causes/ side effects, real or otherwise, before this thread ends up locked like the others.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Yonder wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:18 pm What it means is a study has found that if you have had an infection of CV19 you may get quite ill if have the first injection of the vaccine. If you take a second injection you may become very sick and require a hospital. That is just one peer reviewed study.
Thank you, Yonder.

The strange vaccines you have there, folks... :silent:

har druckit för mycket
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Well I got my second shot yesterday, (Thursday.) I woke up today feeling just fine. I've heard many people say that their second shot kicked their butts compared to their first shot. I don't know if there is a correlation, but most of the folks who had a bad response from their second shot, that I've heard from anyway, had received the Pfizer vaccine. Fwiw, I got the Moderna vaccine, and I've had no adverse reactions from it. Just sayin'.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

A friend of mine said he slept for 36 hours after the second shot and it just wiped him out. I get my second shot March 2nd.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Bushman wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:46 am A friend of mine said he slept for 36 hours after the second shot and it just wiped him out. I get my second shot March 2nd.
Mine on the fifth
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

I get my first shot Feb. 28th
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

My mom living in Shenandoah valley just got an appointment for her first on the 25th. Answer to prayers. She's 80, has asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure. She'd be a goner for sure.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Just got my second vaccination this morning and thus far I haven’t felt any effects. According to the scientists I still have 14 days before the vaccine takes full effect.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

:thumbup: Bushman, I got my first shot a few days ago and scheduled for the second in a few weeks.

Stay safe
OVZ
GreenEnvy22
Swill Maker

Post by GreenEnvy22 »

My wife got her 2nd pfizer shot over last week. Sore arm and very tired for 24-36 hours, then normal.
---
I have a 50L pot still with dual Liebig condenser.
I typically make Whisky, grappa, and brandy.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

I wonder if I can believe to the sources and the articles like that:
Yativ and Seligmann stipulate that even these “estimated numbers of deaths from the vaccine are probably much lower than actual numbers as it accounts only for those defined as COVID-19 deaths for that short time period and does not include AVC and cardiac (and other) events resulting from the inflammatory reactions.”

Nor do these numbers “account for long-term complications,” they write.

In addition, within several months they expect “mid- and long-term adverse effects of the vaccination as ADE (Antibody-dependent Enhancement)” begins to become manifest in those who have received the experimental *** vaccine.

har druckit för mycket