Anyone else got the Wuhan?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tater
Admin

Re: Anyone else got the Wuhan?

Post by Tater »

VLAGAVULVIN wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:04 am I wonder if I can believe to the sources and the articles like that:
Yativ and Seligmann stipulate that even these “estimated numbers of deaths from the vaccine are probably much lower than actual numbers as it accounts only for those defined as COVID-19 deaths for that short time period and does not include AVC and cardiac (and other) events resulting from the inflammatory reactions.”

Nor do these numbers “account for long-term complications,” they write.

In addition, within several months they expect “mid- and long-term adverse effects of the vaccination as ADE (Antibody-dependent Enhancement)” begins to become manifest in those who have received the experimental *** vaccine.

according to MediaBias/FactCheck, the website LifeSiteNews was founded by the conservative lobbyist organization in Toronto in 1978 and it is still funded by it. LifeSiteNews is rated as far right biased based on story selection and manipulative articles.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
JellybeanCorncob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by JellybeanCorncob »

Tater wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:54 pm
VLAGAVULVIN wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:04 am I wonder if I can believe to the sources and the articles like that:
Yativ and Seligmann stipulate that even these “estimated numbers of deaths from the vaccine are probably much lower than actual numbers as it accounts only for those defined as COVID-19 deaths for that short time period and does not include AVC and cardiac (and other) events resulting from the inflammatory reactions.”

Nor do these numbers “account for long-term complications,” they write.

In addition, within several months they expect “mid- and long-term adverse effects of the vaccination as ADE (Antibody-dependent Enhancement)” begins to become manifest in those who have received the experimental *** vaccine.

according to MediaBias/FactCheck, the website LifeSiteNews was founded by the conservative lobbyist organization in Toronto in 1978 and it is still funded by it. LifeSiteNews is rated as far right biased based on story selection and manipulative articles.
Thank you Tater!
JBC
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Hind sight can be 20-20
Compare past statements and predictions. With what has actually happened.
Then judge whether to believe what they say about the future :wink:
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Tater wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:54 pm according to MediaBias/FactCheck, the website LifeSiteNews was founded by the conservative lobbyist organization in Toronto in 1978 and it is still funded by it. LifeSiteNews is rated as far right biased based on story selection and manipulative articles.
Thanks!

shadylane wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:05 pm Then judge whether to believe what they say about the future :wink:
The natural strength of any Russian hillbilly is that a priori he does not trust any [half-]official word at all. Looks like the Commies and the Tsar "vaccinated" us forever.

har druckit för mycket
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Hope all are well. I ended up with the kung flu last year in January. It well and truly put me on my ass and nearly took me out. Everything worked out better in the long run, I got so sick that I accidentally quit smoking, and haven't had an energy drink since either. I never expected to kick either of those.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

VLAGAVULVIN wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:20 pm
Tater wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:54 pm according to MediaBias/FactCheck, the website LifeSiteNews was founded by the conservative lobbyist organization in Toronto in 1978 and it is still funded by it. LifeSiteNews is rated as far right biased based on story selection and manipulative articles.
Thanks!

shadylane wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:05 pm Then judge whether to believe what they say about the future :wink:
The natural strength of any Russian hillbilly is that a priori he does not trust any [half-]official word at all. Looks like the Commies and the Tsar "vaccinated" us forever.
A hillbilly is a hillbilly, it matter's not the name of our hill :wink:
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Yepp ;)

har druckit för mycket
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Got my second shot this morning .No side affects so far anyway.
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

My banana republic says I *might* get vaccinated by september...

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

Post by Bushman »

Tater wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:55 pm Got my second shot this morning .No side affects so far anyway.
:thumbup: Moderna or Pfizer?
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Moderna
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Tater wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:06 pmModerna
:clap: get my 2nd of Moderna on the 19th. Wife too :thumbup:
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Here ya can call walgreen and get on list .If someone dont show up for shot they call ya and give it to you so as not to waste it. My 54 year old wife got her first shot today that way . now in 4 weeks she automatically get second 1
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

:thumbup:
Tater wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 pm Here ya can call walgreen and get on list .If someone dont show up for shot they call ya and give it to you so as not to waste it. My 54 year old wife got her first shot today that way . now in 4 weeks she automatically get second 1
:thumbup: Better then a wasted space and dose. :clap:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Saw this today, thought it might belong here
1918 flu - C.JPG
WithOrWithoutU2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WithOrWithoutU2 »

I got my first Moderna shot Monday. No issues other than a little soreness on the arm they injected.
wpkluck
Swill Maker

Post by wpkluck »

Spanish Flu originated in Kansas.

We aren't sure where Covid-19 originated. Possibly in Wuhan but cases were reported before that in Italy.
You may not be sure, but anyone with two brain cells is. Like you said, let’s stick to whiskey.
- The Doubler (5 gal pot w/thumper)

Run it, X. Thump it, XX. If you get 1.5, well, I think you can do better!
It's EASY to make good liquor. It's even EASIER to make bad liquor!
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

DSM Loki wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 pm It well and truly put me on my ass and nearly took me out. Everything worked out better in the long run, I got so sick that I accidentally quit smoking,
Stick at it Mate , I gave up about a year before we met up in Kentucky, best thing I ever did. Smoked from the time I was about 14, till around 55 years old, couple packs a day for many of those years......feel so much better now than I did when I did smoke. :thumbup:
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Love it Cranky . Bet puss ripped that mask off soon after pic was taken .
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NormandieStill »

Just tested positive this morning! I'm not necessarily young and sprightly any more but I'm far from being a risk case so I've just got a few days of headache and aches and pains to deal with. Still, leaves time for the current washes to ferment out!
"I have a potstill that smears like a fresh plowed coon on the highway" - Jimbo

A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

I was just filling out the questionnaire for my second vaccine shot and noticed that one of the ingredients in the J&J was ethanol :shock:

Stay safe everyone and sorry to hear the positive test Normandie

OVZ
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Bwahaha... :mrgreen:
Heading home from Sputnik village clinic, pensioner Anatoly says getting his injection was no big deal.

"Wham! It was over in a moment," he says, miming a jab in the arm, but he doubts he really needed vaccinating at all.

"I'm healthy! You just have to drink samogon," Anatoly insists, referring to home-distilled, high-strength alcohol.

"I think that'll protect me from Covid too," the 74-year-old laughs, then wanders off across the snow.
[link]

har druckit för mycket
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

Got my second Pfizer last Friday. Shoulder is sore, but no other effects. I was hoping for something special like night vision or blue skin, but no dice.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

MtRainier wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:22 pm I was hoping for something special like night vision or blue skin, but no dice.
10 years later... 8)

(( knock-knock-knock ))

har druckit för mycket
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Also received the Pfizer 1of2 Friday. Slept all weekend and had bad muscle cramps all over. Feeling good this morning! Took a week vacay to coincide with #2.

Stay safe out there and may the sun shine ever up your kilt!
-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NormandieStill »

And fuck it! So I seemed to be on the mend if a little full of snot. Then this morning I woke up and couldn't smell a damn thing. Even mint essential oil passes unnoticed. Just stuck my nose in the bottle of apple brandy next to my desk and there's nothing. So no need to stress about running the washes I've got fermenting right now. I could easily have 3 weeks or more before I can smell anything again, so any neutral I try and make now will certainly taste neutral now, but may well be revolting in a few weeks time.

Also... not being able to smell stuff is really weird. I feel for my kids. They're going to eat some strange tasting meals over the next few weeks! ;-)

VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

With your optimism you are to get well in no time :thumbup:
NormandieStill wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:15 am I could easily have 3 weeks or more before I can smell anything again, so any neutral I try and make now will certainly taste neutral now, but may well be revolting in a few weeks time.
And what a rare opportunity to make a unique ""spirit"", doe!

:)

har druckit för mycket
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NormandieStill »

VLAGAVULVIN wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:24 am With your optimism you are to get well in no time :thumbup:
NormandieStill wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:15 am I could easily have 3 weeks or more before I can smell anything again, so any neutral I try and make now will certainly taste neutral now, but may well be revolting in a few weeks time.
And what a rare opportunity to make a unique ""spirit"", doe!

:)
Well my sense of smell seems to be largely back after only a few days. Not being able to smell is a weird experience as you don't really notice until you actively try to smell something. In the end my sense of smell arrived before the triclamp I need to finish the still so it turned out well.

I did like the idea of Covid-spirit, the surprise booze.

VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

NormandieStill wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:47 pm Well my sense of smell seems to be largely back after only a few days.
Wishing the Siberian (good unkillable) health to you and your natives :wink:

har druckit för mycket
Toxxyc
Swill Maker

Post by Toxxyc »

Both my parents tested positive this week. We've seen them a few times over the past week, and this morning I woke up with a very slight cough. I'm fairly certain I have the Kung Flu now, although I guess we won't know unless I take a test.