Back to the forum

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rumbaba
Swill Maker

Back to the forum

Post by rumbaba »

G'day gang. I have finally got back from mining in Queensland. Looking forward to reading all the regulars posts and getting back into some stillin'. Got 30 kg peaches in the freezer to knock over, then into some rum before this summers fruit comes on. Look forward to talking to all you blokes again.
Hawke
retired

Re: Back to the forum

Post by Hawke »

Welcome back.
Did you have a successful trip?
Schedule conflicts kept me away from my dredging trip this year. :cry:
It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.
Valved Reflux, 3"x54" Bok 'mini', 2 liebig based pots and the 'Blockhead' 60K btu propane heat
stoker
Distiller

Post by stoker »

Hi, I think I'm back too.
I hope to distil this saturday.
-I have too much blood in my alcohol system-
glassman
Swill Maker

Post by glassman »

what do you guys mine in ausy. sounds like fun. can't wait till i can visit ausy and nz. there on the top of my travel list. gman
rumbaba
Swill Maker

Post by rumbaba »

Yeah, pretty good year this year. Commercial mies extract gold, coal, tin,lead and iron ore. We small blokes do gold, opal and sapphire. I mine sapphire in Queensland over the winter, then come home and cut them over the summer months.
glassman
Swill Maker

Post by glassman »

awesum! i'd say we are a bunch of pretty interesting blokes,dudes,guys,buds, and good ole boys! gman
rumbaba
Swill Maker

Post by rumbaba »

glassman wrote:awesum! i'd say we are a bunch of pretty interesting blokes,dudes,guys,buds, and good ole boys! gman
I think thats a fair comment. I think the very nature of the hobby indicates the person doing it is not really the type of person to sit around doing nothing with their days. You will always find them doing something. Some of the other blokes have some really interesting hobbies. I think punkins shed is one in itself :lol:
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

You guys are forgetting to include the ladies round here. Uncool in this day and age.... :roll:
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

there are women here??? :?
this is the internet
rumbaba
Swill Maker

Post by rumbaba »

punkin wrote:You guys are forgetting to include the ladies round here. Uncool in this day and age.... :roll:
Last edited by rumbaba on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

It's a shame you took that as beration, you must be very sensitive on the subject.

I will try to phrase my posts that you may take as relating to you differently in the future.
rumbaba
Swill Maker

Post by rumbaba »

[quote="punkin"]It's a shame you took that as beration, you must be very sensitive on the subject.

I will try to phrase my posts that you may take as relating to you differently in the future.
Dont worry punkin. Not sensitive, just too much rum. Highlights the worry of tippling and texting. Some things just dont read the way they were typed :? No need to phrase your posts differently, I have edited my bullshit post.
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

My apologies for seeming condescending, i didn't mean to come across that way. I have very little political correctness in me :wink:
violentblue
Rumrunner

Post by violentblue »

punkin wrote:My apologies for seeming condescending, i didn't mean to come across that way. I have very little political correctness in me :wink:
honestly never occoured to me to accuse you of being too politically correct
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Glad you're back safe and sound rumbaba.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
CoopsOz
Distiller

Post by CoopsOz »

Welcome back mate, how was the haul this yr?
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
rumbaba
Swill Maker

Post by rumbaba »

The take jar was pretty good this year, coops. Better than last year, came back with nothing. This time got a good haul of blues and a large yellow. The best aspect of this is that I have finally found the lode that I have spent the last 4 years searching for. Something to look forward to next year. My days off this summer will be spent cutting the stones in the shed so I can monitor the still whilst working on the stones.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

rumbaba wrote:The take jar was pretty good this year, coops. Better than last year, came back with nothing. This time got a good haul of blues and a large yellow. The best aspect of this is that I have finally found the lode that I have spent the last 4 years searching for.
Sweet.
rumbaba wrote:My days off this summer will be spent cutting the stones in the shed so I can monitor the still whilst working on the stones.
Sounds like a very nice arrangement.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.