Today's a good day not still related

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Sailman
Swill Maker

Today's a good day not still related

Post by Sailman »

I received the call this morning from my local police department go figure you can just imagine the pucker Factor. Well this was related to a home break-in that occurred many many years ago. They told me that one of my hand guns that they were covered in 2015 could be picked up so I inquired about a M1 Garand that was recovered the same year. When I got down there to pick up the handgun they told me that the ATF bought that in a gun by and that they would be the ones to release that weapon back to me. well I just received a phone call from the PD again and they said the weapon had been released back to them and I could pick it up at any time.. it's kind of like going to the gun store and bringing home a new toy and not having the wife get mad at you.
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Re: Today's a good day not still related

Post by OtisT »

Reunited, and it feels so good. La, la, la.

Congrats. :-) Otis
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

That is a good day! Hopefully neither of teh guns has been molested. M1 Garands in good shape are getting precious.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

If the Garand is in as good a shape as the Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Compact that I picked up this morning then all is good. The handgun was found in the back of a toilet in the blue water. I could hardly remove the barrel from the slide because of all the powder residue. All in all it cleaned up very well.

The gun left my possession without a laser and a light attached to it but when I picked it up this morning there was one on the gun so I guess that's a bonus!!
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Sailman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:02 am it's kind of like going to the gun store and bringing home a new toy two new toys and not having the wife get mad at you.
Truly heartwarming story, Sailman.

I think that calls for a celebration.

TB
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

Here she is after a bath. She's a little older and warn but the same old girl I fell in love with years ago.
IMG_20210223_142140.jpg
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

Well I went and picked up the M1 Garand this morning and it has about 50 to 65% rust all over the gun so off to the gunsmith in the morning it will go. It's not like it was a numbers matching gun to start with and I'm sure it had been Arsenal refinished at some point in its life but there's no need in letting a 1945 military weapon rust away.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

A heartwarming tale of being reunited with loved ones.[emoji24]
Brings a tear of joy to the eye.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
dunluce
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dunluce »

Feel good story of the year, right there. :)
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

I can't believe that this story gets better. First this morning off to the gunsmith I go and he says that the M1 Garand is in better shape than I thought it was and that it can be saved. Well at $80 an hour labor I guess he would tell me that. Ben. 10 minutes ago I get a call from my local PD and they said they found another weapon it turns out to be a shotgun. I wasn't told which shotgun it was because I had several that were stolen but it sure would be nice if it was one that I had bought for my son the bird hunt with.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Always nice to hear good news!
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

I know how good it feels Sailman, Ive had stuff stolen and then months later had a similar thing happen. The little bit that I did get back was a lot better than not getting anything back.
I never did like or have time for thieves and I like them a whole lot less now.