Rebecka Martinsson's preferred beverage-

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bunny
Site Donor
Site Donor

Rebecka Martinsson's preferred beverage-

Post by bunny »

There's a Swedish series on Acorn that portrays a home distilled beverage that's appears to be well accepted in the northern part of the country. Can anyone (Swede or not) fill us in on just what that stuff is? I found my curiosity about the beverage very distracting from the story line. :D
btw: I recommend the series :clap:
Berserk
Bootlegger

Re: Rebecka Martinsson's preferred beverage-

Post by Berserk »

I'm Swedish, but I've never heard of or seen the series. So this is just based on my general knowledge as a Swede :)

It's probably just 'hembränt' (literally 'home burned'), it's regular sugar wash usually distilled in a shoddy CM (maybe even the weird FOA CM-head) and filtered with activated carbon. We don't really have any fancy moonshine here, so I'd be surprised if it's something else. Did they drink it from a white plastic cube can-thing?
Cheers,
Berserk

He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind.
But he who sticks out in darkness is fluorescent!
bunny
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rebecka Martinsson's preferred beverage-

Post by bunny »

Hi Berserk-
Thanks for responding.
They were primarily either pouring from, or drinking from something that looked like a clear, colorless, 2 liter soda bottle. That bottle seemed a little stronger than the 2 liter bottles here in Oregon. It seemed to maintain it's shape even with the cap off and being held with just one hand.
How strong is that stuff in the bottle? They didn't seem to grimace too badly after take a swig.