Made my way to my cabin

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Honest_Liberty
Rumrunner

Made my way to my cabin

Post by Honest_Liberty »

Made a few things, none of which were alcohol or production related:
Made my way to my cabin with my boy, and really connected this time, being away from the TV and neighbors and all that nonsense. So in a sense, I made a real connection with my boy.

Made up a game I am calling heads, where you bet on the amount of heads of five coins that the opponent throws, and anything under your bet, they get the points, and anything over, they get... First to 15. One point for each head all the way around. If you say 3, and only 2 heads happen, the opponent gets 2. If you say 3 and you get four, you get 3 they get 1. Straight forward. It can be played with a rotation whereby going in a circle, the flipper of the coins goes along and once you hit the first person to 10, let's say, you can finish the rotation and then go the opposite direction. Win by 2. That's where the game gets tricky.
Fun stuff. We had a blast.

I made a rockin fire in the stove that literally woke me up at midnight, in my skimmies, with no blanket, upstairs, with the temp outside in the mid 20's. Amazing what buttoning up the insulation does.

Met a property owner nearby and made a new friendship, over some of my Brandy that he didn't know wasn't store bought, and couldn't believe how smooth and dangerously drinkable it is at 90 proof. That was cool.

Made the trip to westcliffe with my boy and discovered it was "F Polis" day, whereby the hamburgers in town were being grilled out in support of the meat industry- For free, people were living life as normal. Really nice

I made my cuts of Booner's before I left, leaving a few edge jars to air out in case I find them beneficial come tomorrow.

Oh, and I made an order for a 4", 4 plate column from oak stills with perforated plates, dephleg, and shotgun condenser, for $593 shipped to my door after tax. That was cool
What a freaking weekend!!
image28.jpg
Last edited by Honest_Liberty on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweetfeed 100 proof for drinking white
All grain bourbon for testing my patience
Whatever else is left goes to the Homefree, because, I hate waste
Tater
Admin

Re: Made my way to my cabin

Post by Tater »

Moved this from another thread where it took post off topic .Lets keep things on topic please or risk the post deletion .
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Tater wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:26 pm Moved this from another thread where it took post off topic .Lets keep things on topic please or risk the post deletion .
Good call and glad you kept it . It's a good stand alone post .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

I miss hanging out with my son as he's out making his way in the world. BTW, I'm jealous.
Magic
Novice

Post by Magic »

v-child wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:03 am I miss hanging out with my son as he's out making his way in the world. BTW, I'm jealous.
yep me and my son did everything together now its like he dont know me stage i guess he will come back
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

That’s awesome! My youngest and I went to the track together, the wife and oldest wasn’t interested in drag racing. That was “our time” He was running a junior dragster from the age of 10-17 then started racing a street car. Just the two of us for the whole weekend, life was good.

Enjoy these times, later you’ll remember the fun simple times but more importantly, he’ll have the memories all his life!
Don’t be surprised if he gets his own cabin when he gets older.

:thumbup:
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!